Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD

Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD (2017-2021)

Also referred to as: Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD 2020 and Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD 2022.
See the Best Small / Compact SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Subaru Australia

Alena
AlenaSydney

Shaking on low speeds

Hate this car! We were disappointed after 2 days of driving it. We just bought the 2018 Subaru XV and it shakes on low speeds. I always get stuck in traffic coming back from work and the whole 50 minutes I drive 20-30km/h. The car shakes and shudders the whole time and it feels that it's gone choke and stop. Hasn't fully stopped yet, though.

When we took it to the service we were told it's a software issue, they have an update for Impreza but not for XV. We were told to live with it until and if Subaru makes a software update for XV.

I don't recommend this car to anyone.

Badge2.0i-S
TransmissionCVT
Engine Size2.0
Date PurchasedMar 2018
chillout0000
chillout0000Brisbane

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!!!!!

This car drives ok providing you do not drive under 40kms per hour. It stutters and shudders almost to the point of stopping. I have been told by Subaru that I need to modify my driving. After taking it back to Subaru many many times they haves said that it is a “characteristic” of the vehicle. Funny how they dont mention this in their shiny brochures. I drove a 2017 XV and loved it, but it appears that the 2018 release has this problem. I have found other 2018 owners and the problem is consistent with this model. Subaru do not have a fix - they admit it is a problem and basically we (and others) have been told to just live with it. NOT GOOD ENOUGH SUBARU!!!!!!! Fix it or give me (us) a refund...........

Badge2.0i-S
TransmissionCVT
Engine Size2.0
Date PurchasedNov 2017

Wendyasked
XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD (2017-2021)

My 2018 G5X 2.0i-S died. CVT and Diff - I was told it was because the mechanic had not refilled the front diff with oil. I drove 6000kms with no oil if that is the case. Is that even possible - day trips of up to 500kms over mountains at speeds of 110? There seems to be a lack of accountability around faulty CVTs in XVs in Australia. Repair bill almost $13000 in a two year old car...it is with Fair Trading...

Subaru Australia
SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Wendy, We're sorry to hear of your experience with your XV. Our Customer Relations Team is available on 1800 226 643 or feedback@subaru.com.au. Alternatively, you're welcome to send us a private message to our Facebook page with your vehicle details and we'll be in touch. The Subaru Team.

Wendy

It is being investigated by Fair Trading. Your Customer Service person would not escalate nor let me speak to his manager. He was sexist and ageist. Customer Service - poor.

Subaru Australia
SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Wendy. Thank you for your response. Our team will respond to Fair Trading accordingly. Take care and be safe. The Subaru Team.

Geegeeasked
XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD (2017-2021)

My radio goes off when my phone connects via blue tooth. How do I fix this?

Haydo P.
Haydo P.

I dont have an answer but I think have the same problem occurring n my car - have you found a fix?

Geegee

Sorry, I took my car to dealer who fixed the issue.

Get an answer from our members and Subaru Australia representatives

Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD (2017-2021)

Compare all 7 Subaru XV
CategorySmall / Compact SUVs
Starting Price $40,359
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeAll Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrol