Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD

Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD (2017-2021)

Also referred to as: Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD 2020 and Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD 2022.
See the Best Small / Compact SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Subaru Australia

• Comfort
  • Features
vrxbeachboy
vrxbeachboy

Important Features I did not realise before my purchase. I thought Subarus Were better.

Purchased in August 2019 at Suttons for $35,000.00.

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @vrxbeachboy, were so sorry to hear you had a bad experience when purchasing your XV. Please be assured that your feedback is appreciated, and we will be sure to pass it on to our Product and Planning team. Thank you.

Please think carefully before buying this car!

Purchased in March 2018.

John
JohnSydney, NSW

CVT not good

This car is great except for one MAJOR glaring fault. It has a CVT transmission which shudders and jerks in bumper to bumper situations (Sydney traffic) at low speeds, when the revs are between 1000 and 18000 rpm.
Not a comfortable driving situation. Seems like it is on the verge of stalling. If it wasn't for that extremely annoying trait this would be an excellent car. The problem is so bad I am going to sell it and NEVER buy another CVT transmission. Also - I have researched this issue and it is obvious it is not just my car but a design fault. American owners are requesting a recall or a lawsuit.

Badge2.0i-S
TransmissionCVT
Engine Size2.0
Date PurchasedAug 2018

Wendyasked
XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD (2017-2021)

My 2018 G5X 2.0i-S died. CVT and Diff - I was told it was because the mechanic had not refilled the front diff with oil. I drove 6000kms with no oil if that is the case. Is that even possible - day trips of up to 500kms over mountains at speeds of 110? There seems to be a lack of accountability around faulty CVTs in XVs in Australia. Repair bill almost $13000 in a two year old car...it is with Fair Trading...

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Wendy, We're sorry to hear of your experience with your XV. Our Customer Relations Team is available on 1800 226 643 or feedback@subaru.com.au. Alternatively, you're welcome to send us a private message to our Facebook page with your vehicle details and we'll be in touch. The Subaru Team.

Wendy

It is being investigated by Fair Trading. Your Customer Service person would not escalate nor let me speak to his manager. He was sexist and ageist. Customer Service - poor.

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Wendy. Thank you for your response. Our team will respond to Fair Trading accordingly. Take care and be safe. The Subaru Team.

Geegeeasked
XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD (2017-2021)

My radio goes off when my phone connects via blue tooth. How do I fix this?

Haydo P.
Haydo P.

I dont have an answer but I think have the same problem occurring n my car - have you found a fix?

Geegee

Sorry, I took my car to dealer who fixed the issue.

Get an answer from our members and Subaru Australia representatives

Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD (2017-2021)

Compare all 7 Subaru XV
CategorySmall / Compact SUVs
Starting Price $40,359
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeAll Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrol