Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD

Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD (2017-2021)

Also referred to as: Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD 2020 and Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD 2022.
See the Best Small / Compact SUVs in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Subaru Australia

priceless21
priceless21South East Queensland, QLD

Great car - no regrets buying it

Okay I am not a car buff so I just wanted a comfy car that is safe and useful.
This is our main car - but I have kept my old Jazz as second car. (The Jazz has a bigger boot though)
Love the car very much and the eyesight safety is brilliant. So safe and this made it very cheap it insure - less than $500 comprehensive.
Love all the features, but wish the boot was as big as the Jazz.
Cost wise it was amazing value really. So pleased we bought it.

Badge2.0i-S
TransmissionCVT
Engine Size2.0
Date PurchasedSept 2017
T Mohan
T MohanADELAIDE

Best in its class

I had a choice of CX3 and XV. I test drove both the vehicles before buying the XV. I selected this car for it's technology and spacious interior.
The driving experience is far far better than Mazada CX3. The car packed with a lots of technology and safety features. Road noise is better than Mazada CX3.
Rarely I noticed that the engine struggles when try to accelerate at 7th gear (CVT). The boot is small but bigger than CX3. The front and rear autonomous braking and alert are amazing.
Dash board and interior are premium and built well.
Bought the optional 3 years extended warranty for ~AU$1600 for peace of mind.
Runs cheap and very much happy with the car.

Badge2.0i-S
TransmissionCVT
Engine Size2.0
Date PurchasedAug 2017

Wendyasked
XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD (2017-2021)

My 2018 G5X 2.0i-S died. CVT and Diff - I was told it was because the mechanic had not refilled the front diff with oil. I drove 6000kms with no oil if that is the case. Is that even possible - day trips of up to 500kms over mountains at speeds of 110? There seems to be a lack of accountability around faulty CVTs in XVs in Australia. Repair bill almost $13000 in a two year old car...it is with Fair Trading...

Subaru Australia
SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Wendy, We're sorry to hear of your experience with your XV. Our Customer Relations Team is available on 1800 226 643 or feedback@subaru.com.au. Alternatively, you're welcome to send us a private message to our Facebook page with your vehicle details and we'll be in touch. The Subaru Team.

Wendy

It is being investigated by Fair Trading. Your Customer Service person would not escalate nor let me speak to his manager. He was sexist and ageist. Customer Service - poor.

Subaru Australia
SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Wendy. Thank you for your response. Our team will respond to Fair Trading accordingly. Take care and be safe. The Subaru Team.

Geegeeasked
XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD (2017-2021)

My radio goes off when my phone connects via blue tooth. How do I fix this?

Haydo P.
Haydo P.

I dont have an answer but I think have the same problem occurring n my car - have you found a fix?

Geegee

Sorry, I took my car to dealer who fixed the issue.

Get an answer from our members and Subaru Australia representatives

Subaru XV G5X 2.0i-S AWD (2017-2021)

Compare all 7 Subaru XV
CategorySmall / Compact SUVs
Starting Price $40,359
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeAll Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrol