Subaru XV

Subaru XV (page 2 of 7)

G5X (2017-2019) and G4X (2015-2017)

See the Best Small / Compact SUVs in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

GSN

GSNAdelaide

So happy with XV!! Excellent AWD

Decided to upgrade our car from sedan to small SUV. Did all our works to find right car.
Young family with two kids who love camping, so our priority is good safety rating, good leg room @ back seat, fuel efficiency and good luggage space.

Our finalists are Subaru XV and Mazda CX3. When we went to showroom to test drive we decided to go with XV. So happy with our choice.

Not much luggage space is our only negative, but purchased roof pod and during camping time just fix the pod and issue solved.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedJul 2016

Stevo

Stevomelbourne

2018 XV L great car so far

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Practical, Safe rugged car

I am now on my sixth Subaru. From the Sportswagon, two Foresters, and Impreza, and Outback and now a 2018 XV. I've had nothing but reliability. No Subaru has ever let me down or cost me a fortune. The XV is the best car ever. The Safety tech ad creature features are just amazing.
I have only ever got these cars serviced once a year, on their birthday, by the dealer. I do about 10Km per year. 80% in town, the rest off-road. I don't do mods to them, just add some amateur radios and antennae. Go Subaru!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Wisey

WiseyToowoomba

About the best in our application - all considered.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Simon

SimonMelbourne

Still going strong

My XV was bought in 2012 when it first released in Australia. I was one of the lucky ones to drive the first shipment stock. After 6 years of driving it around, it still going strong without any machinically issue. It is so reliable that I decided not to upgrade it to the second generation XV. The CVT works very well with the 2.0 engine. I never use it for any towing so the CVT and 2.0 engine are just perfect for my daily urban travel and sometimes rural adventures. I guess my biggest dislike is the price to update the GPS but it is no big deal as Google Map is always there in my phone.

Date PurchasedMay 2012

Louie

LouieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love it

Fantastic.. so much fun to drive. This is my 4th Subaru and I wont buy anything else, each one has surpassed the last. the vehicle is comfortable and roomy with all the options you could want. Most complaints I see are that they are short on power. Drive it like you stole it...... that's how they like to be driven. If you keep the revs up, there is plenty of power there for a 4 cylinder / 2 litre vehicle.

TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedNov 2017

2018 XV top of the range S Series,6K on the clock in 4weeks.

Mountains, hills, freeway, off-road, dirt corrugated tracks, car parks, pancake flat irrigation country, city peak ,CBD ,snow, rain, hail, flood, mud ,rocks, sand, gravel, dust and the tar all across SE Australia.-Sweet! .No issues. Relaxed driving. What more can you ask of a vehicle and with a 5 year warranty!
5.9-6.6 Litre /100 k Country, 7.7-8.2 City, 4WD off road 8.5-9.
Great all around car. Not a race car by any stretch, but more than capable with 21st century ergonomics and safety.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Plesantly surprised

Excellent dynamics
Good performance once you get used to the cvt's linear characteristics
Bullet proof engineering and quality
It's got enough power if you rev the happily revving engine
Don't pay too much attention to the critics about the power output being too low
Comfy and quite ride
Only criticism is the sound system being below expectations.

Date PurchasedJun 2018

What a disgraceful automobile.

Date PurchasedOct 2013

Crappy Little Car

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Tony

TonySydney

Unhappy with car shudders at low speed

Badge2.0i Special Edition
Date PurchasedDec 2017
Marie

MarieAdelaide

Stylish & Economical

I am so happy with this car. It is so economical the fuel tank lasts so long compared to previous cars. It is really smooth to drive. The interior is sleek and although it may not seem like there is enough room it fits my car seat, pram & dog on holidays including or luggage. It is quite spacious. I mainly bought this car for the look but I couldn’t be happier with the way it runs and it makes me feel very safe as a bit higher up as I have been in a car accident previously. If I ever purchase another car it will definitely be from Subaru!

Date PurchasedMar 2016
GT2036

GT2036Sydney

Excellent value, great to drive and economical

The interior is well planned, spacious and has quality features. The driving position and vision are exceptional. I am getting 5-6L/100km for highway driving and 7-8L/100km for urban driving. Steering is light and responsive. Eyesight features like adaptive cruise control and safety warnings are impressive. Very happy with my choice.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Alena

AlenaSydney

Shaking on low speeds

Hate this car! We were disappointed after 2 days of driving it. We just bought the 2018 Subaru XV and it shakes on low speeds. I always get stuck in traffic coming back from work and the whole 50 minutes I drive 20-30km/h. The car shakes and shudders the whole time and it feels that it's gone choke and stop. Hasn't fully stopped yet, though.

When we took it to the service we were told it's a software issue, they have an update for Impreza but not for XV. We were told to live with it until and if Subaru makes a software update for XV.

I don't recommend this car to anyone.

Date PurchasedMar 2018

Michelle Martinez

Michelle MartinezSydney, NSW

love my car

It was time for a quality car. I'm 50 now so stylish luxury it had to be. I specifically wanted beige interior and thankfully Subaru delivered. This car drives smooth and makes every journey a pleasure. The dark tint is beautiful and the instrumentation is easy on the eye. Highly recommended.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

RaymoRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Easy to drive, economical high clearance car

I live in a country area with worn, potholed dirt roads with high centres that occasionally flood. The high clearnce of this car is ideal, it handles very well in all conditions and so far is reliable .

I downsized from an Xtrail and it occassionally feels a bit small for carrying gear, but it is a smaller grade of car.

It has also devolped the strangest internal squeaks, which are not mechanical.

Otherwise a great little car - 6.9l per 100k without aircon, 7.4l per 100k with aircon.

No complaints, a well engineered car that is a pleasure to drive in all weathers.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

chillout0000

chillout0000Brisbane

DO NOT BUY THIS CAR!!!!!!!

This car drives ok providing you do not drive under 40kms per hour. It stutters and shudders almost to the point of stopping. I have been told by Subaru that I need to modify my driving. After taking it back to Subaru many many times they haves said that it is a “characteristic” of the vehicle. Funny how they dont mention this in their shiny brochures. I drove a 2017 XV and loved it, but it appears that the 2018 release has this problem. I have found other 2018 owners and the problem is consistent with this model. Subaru do not have a fix - they admit it is a problem and basically we (and others) have been told to just live with it. NOT GOOD ENOUGH SUBARU!!!!!!! Fix it or give me (us) a refund...........

Date PurchasedNov 2017