G4X, G5X

• Comfort
  • Features
Sharon
SharonGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

The problem fixed with satisfaction.

Subaru Xv 2016 which Starlink touch screen suddenly frozen, the car has no bluetooth, no GPS, no reverse camera, nothing now. rang Subaru Dealer and was told no service available.

The Subaru dealer replaced the the whole radio set Free of charge after 1 month. All good now.

Purchased in March 2017 for $31,000.00.

Imprezive!
Imprezive!Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Is it really worth that extra $$$?

Peterrob
PeterrobSouth East Queensland, QLD

OK, but...

Bought the XV new from local dealer July 2019. Test drove their demo model first, couldn't find any faults. BUT, my car has what seems to be typical Subaru CVT issues. If there was such a thing as kangaroo petrol, I've got it. The car very quickly exhibited jerky acceleration, would shudder when going around 60kmh. Took it back to the dealer, who told me it will settle down. Wrote to Subaru who deftly shunted me sideways to the dealer, whose last words to me were 'drive it hard'. Now the behaviour has shifted to not so subtle roughness when accelerating, so still faulty. It's a real shame, because otherwise it's not bad a s a compact SUV. Total travelled is 7K. I drive our other car in preference to the XV. Won't repeat hit purchase.

Purchased in July 2019 for $39,000.00.

BuckwheatPerth, WA

Good car - goes anywhere with a small boot.....

Purchased in April 2019.

CM
CMSydney

2018 XV disappearing phone favourites- now fixed

I wrote about this previously some time last year on my 2018 XV
Whenever I saved phone favourites on the head unit they would disappear the next day!
I have just downloaded and self installed the latest 2019 software and navigation update which was released 17 June 2019
The first test to see if Subaru have fixed this issue.Happy to advise that it now works perfectly and the phone favourites stay in the head unit contacts.
Much easier ,and safer now to make a call touching favourites instead of scrolling through the contact list while trying to keep your eyes on road!

Purchased in August 2018.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Simon D
Simon DGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great for small family or single people

I use this car for daily transport to locations and road trips but not off roads too much. The car is very comfortable, the seat are well put together so sitting for long period of times does not impact your body as much as other cars. It is also very fuel efficient if you drive long distance and smooth, you don't feel the car switching gears or hear any sounds as it is quiet.

Only down side to this is boot space, it doesn't have enough space to fit more than 2-3 peoples worth of luggage depending on how much you bring as it got compensated for bigger room space for the people in the back seat

Purchased in January 2015 at Subaru Dealers for $31,000.00.

Donna G
Donna GSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great driving

New to Subaru, great driving so far, however, very new so no apparent issues currently. Would like to see automatic lock feature, always appreciated that in my previous car. Only local driving to date, used for business, planning a small road trip to test more features.

Purchased in April 2019 at Von Bibra.

JDP
JDP

Great car, bit small for a family

Great car, moves well. Nice to drive unless hill assist is on then very sluggish. Pity it doesn't come in turbo diesel. Auto cruise control is great. Crash assist sometimes pulls the car up unessecary which can be frustrating

Purchased in January 2018.

priceless21
priceless21South East Queensland, QLD

Great car - no regrets buying it

Okay I am not a car buff so I just wanted a comfy car that is safe and useful.
This is our main car - but I have kept my old Jazz as second car. (The Jazz has a bigger boot though)
Love the car very much and the eyesight safety is brilliant. So safe and this made it very cheap it insure - less than $500 comprehensive.
Love all the features, but wish the boot was as big as the Jazz.
Cost wise it was amazing value really. So pleased we bought it.

Badge2.0i-S
Date PurchasedSept 2017

GSN
GSNMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

So happy with XV!! Excellent AWD

Decided to upgrade our car from sedan to small SUV. Did all our works to find right car.
Young family with two kids who love camping, so our priority is good safety rating, good leg room @ back seat, fuel efficiency and good luggage space.

Our finalists are Subaru XV and Mazda CX3. When we went to showroom to test drive we decided to go with XV. So happy with our choice.

Not much luggage space is our only negative, but purchased roof pod and during camping time just fix the pod and issue solved.

Badge2.0i-L
TransmissionManual
Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Stevomelbourne

2018 XV L great car so far

Badge2.0i-L
Date PurchasedJune 2018
SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi @ Stevo, Thank you so much for your excellent review! It’s great to hear that 2 years on you are still enjoying your Subaru. If we could ask one favour, we would love to see this on Google reviews. Happy driving @Stevo! The Subaru Team.

Stevo

No thanks I stay as far away from Google as i can, and at the risk of sounding snarky nobody at Subaru has done me any favours unless i pay for it.

Wisey
WiseyToowoomba

About the best in our application - all considered.

Badge2.0i
Date PurchasedAug 2018

It is a perfect car.

The feel-good drive of the year, the all-new Subaru XV has been completely reimagined for a smoother and roomier ride while delivering gripping performance on the road. Superb production design brings more tech, more efficiency and more fun than ever before. The all-new Subaru XV stars more of your favourite features as standard, All-Wheel Drive, advanced technology for increased fuel efficiency, a super large touchscreen.

Badge2.0i
Date PurchasedApr 2016
Mossdan7
Mossdan7Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pure Japanese car

The car has good performance especially on semi auto gear, as Subaru XV has Boxer engine which more powerful than others same class. This car is 100% made in Japan where overall had quality of Japanese technology. Interior is very good, plenty leg room for passengers and also plenty boot room for surf board with folding rear seat. Running costs not to bad, 5.6L /100I'm. Overall luv this car good for off road.

Purchased in November 2014 for $37,600.00.

T Mohan
T MohanADELAIDE

Best in its class

I had a choice of CX3 and XV. I test drove both the vehicles before buying the XV. I selected this car for it's technology and spacious interior.
The driving experience is far far better than Mazada CX3. The car packed with a lots of technology and safety features. Road noise is better than Mazada CX3.
Rarely I noticed that the engine struggles when try to accelerate at 7th gear (CVT). The boot is small but bigger than CX3. The front and rear autonomous braking and alert are amazing.
Dash board and interior are premium and built well.
Bought the optional 3 years extended warranty for ~AU$1600 for peace of mind.
Runs cheap and very much happy with the car.

Badge2.0i-S
Date PurchasedAug 2017

Disappointed
Disappointed asked
XV

I am really disappointed with my Subaru XV. I have always been an advocate for Subarus and was excited to be able to buy this burnt orange XV back in 2016 brand new. I bought the additional warranty to cover me for 7 years. Within 6 months the silver cover on the internal front doors was all scratched and looking terrible, and I’m not rough with my possessions and look after them well, then an oil leak from the engine in under 3 years which I had to fight to get warranty for ending up taking the vehicle to another dealer over 100km from my home and now I can not open my back gate. It started opening by itself, clicking on and off and then refusing to open at all. Once again my local dealers tell me this is not warranty and I’ll have to pay around $700 to get it fixed with a new switch (?). I can’t understand why I have to fight for things that should not be faulty , I don’t have lots of km on my vehicle and I did pay for additional warranty - looks like I might have to change my mind about the brands I trust and believe in . Why do I have to fight for warranty and when did you stop caring about the quality of your cars?

Disappointed
Disappointed asked
XV

Shirley Rasked
XV G4X (2015-2017)

I bought a 2017 SubaruXV Hatch 2.0i-S new. It has done just over 60,000km, and has been garaged (lock up) and serviced for its entire life. The chrome front door handles are peeling. Subaru have agreed to replace at no cost but I have been assured that they are “doing me a favour”. I rarely have a passenger on board and the passenger side is peeling at the same rate as the drivers side. Surely chrome should not peel like this??

Hi Shirley,
The issue is a manufacturing defect by the supplier of the handles and yes it should not happen. The XV is a great vehicle don’t let this detract from your ownership experience.
Even though your vehicle is out of warranty Subaru are going to replace the faulty handles.
Happy motoring
Regards,

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi Shirley, We are sorry to hear that your passenger door handle is peeling; however we are thrilled to learn that your local Dealership will be replacing at no cost. If there is anything that you would like to discuss further, please contact our Customer Relations Team on 1800 226 643 or feedback@subaru.com.au. Or you can send us a private message to our Facebook page and we'll be in touch. The Subaru Team.

Shirley R

Yes, I am very pleased that Subaru will replace both front door handles at no cost - thank you, Subaru.

My only confusion is the matter of warranty. When I purchased the car in 2017 I was given a "5 year factory warranty launch promo". I have been unable to find what a "5 year factory warranty" covers. As I have been told twice that the vehicle is out of warranty, I can only assume that such a warranty only covers certain items. Obviously my knowledge of vehicle warranties needs updating.

Get an answer from our members and Subaru Australia representatives

Compare all 7 Subaru XV
CategorySmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVs
Starting Price $32,850$35,292$40,359$37,156
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeAll Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Max Torque196Nm @ 4000rpm196Nm @ 4000rpm196Nm @ 4000rpm196Nm @ 4000rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapan
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,400 kg1,400 kg1,400 kg1,400 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)650 kg650 kg650 kg650 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Dimensions