G4X, G5X

• Comfort
  • Features
Meg
MegCanberra 2600, ACT

A DREAM CAR!!! but what about the seat covers....

Purchased in March 2021.

Perfect for us !

Purchased in February 2021.

Jim
JimNew South Wales

Comfortable and great off road , performance not that bad at all.

No problem with our 2015 or our new xv. Very good handling , fun to drive off road and as a general commuter, Servicing a little more than 2wd cars but not that bad. Its not a fast car off the mark but considering the average speed limits and everyone saying slow down on the roads i do not see a problem with the power it has, its really ok with us.

Purchased in January 2021.

DannyK
DannyKHunter Region, NSW

Great Car For The Money

Purchased in September 2019.

racered
raceredSouth East Queensland, QLD

Cold start issue

Great car.. owned 6 yrs since new... never had an issue .. only just replaced the battery... last 2 months it has on a cold start, started, then stuttered and almost stalled, then within 1or 2 seconds revs increse back to normal.. has 60000km on it.. 2014 model... wondering if it is fuel injectors needing a service...due for a car service soon...

Purchased in February 2014 for $35,000.00.

Our Latest Expert Car Reviews

Cameron S.
Cameron S.12 Jan 2021
our-latest-expert-car-reviews
Raj
RajSydney, NSW

Great car, Subaru is excellent

Good car, drives well . Commuting to and fro from work, occasional weekend use. Good driving position and technology has been updated for car play. Recommend as Subaru has less breakdowns in the long run

Purchased in June 2019 at Subaru Dealers for $40,500.00.

Itempany
ItempanyFar North Queensland, QLD

Ancap 4 well worth it

Purchased in January 2015 at Subaru Dealers for $33,000.00.

Warren
WarrenMacArthur 2904, ACT
  • XV

Quality and safety excellence

Have always loved Subaru and purchased new in May 2018, this car doesn't disappoint. Has all the bells and whistles that make it easy to drive. Lots of safety features. It is not speedy car but is excellent for around town driving and comfortable on the highway. Really good fuel economy as well.

Purchased in May 2018 at Subaru Dealers for $36,500.00.

TransmissionAutomatic
Jane M.
Jane M.The Mallee, VIC

Extremely Impressed!

I had never owned a Subaru before and cannot be happier with my purchase, I'm so impressed! The price point is amazing for all the features. We test drove other makes and models with the same features we were looking for but they couldn't beat or even come close to the price of the XV. Love Love Love my Subaru!!

Purchased in May 2018 at Innes Motors for $41,000.00.

Scotty74
Scotty74South East Queensland, QLD

Love this car

Purchased in July 2018 at Key star Subaru Rothwell for $37,500.00.

sweetsunset
sweetsunsetSydney, NSW

Excellent response CTV failure on XV Subaru from Subaru

Recently wrote about failure on the CTV on my XV Subaru with 135000 kms on the clock. Apparently this is not unusual after further investigation on my part. However Subaru have agreed to replace the failed part at their cost. Certainly worth asking the question.

Purchased in December 2014.

TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)
Janelle
JanelleIllawarra, NSW

Great little car

I needed a high wheel base vehicle. I bought a demo model that had all the safety tech. It is a smooth ride, my dad loves it, even my Euro car fan beloved loves it. I would like a little better fuel efficiency and the Carplay only works intermittently but otherwise I really like this car. Never had anything so new and hi tech!

Purchased in October 2018 for $34,800.00.

Noise Level
Lini
LiniSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great buy

I commute to work and drive close to 100kms a day. Smooth drive and love its intelligent cruise control. Not a great fan of the lane assist due to the fact that it only detects solid lines on the road. Very very fuel efficient.

Purchased in January 2019 for $33,000.00.

JSFWSouth East Queensland, QLD

I Love my XV!

Purchased in October 2018.

JSFW

6 months down the track and I still love it. I can fit my golf clubs and buggy in the boot and I guess thats pretty good! Radio still drifts in and out whereas it doesn't in the other car. It's my daily drive so already over 6K Kms. :-)

Practical, Safe rugged car

I am now on my sixth Subaru. From the Sportswagon, two Foresters, and Impreza, and Outback and now a 2018 XV. I've had nothing but reliability. No Subaru has ever let me down or cost me a fortune. The XV is the best car ever. The Safety tech ad creature features are just amazing.
I have only ever got these cars serviced once a year, on their birthday, by the dealer. I do about 10Km per year. 80% in town, the rest off-road. I don't do mods to them, just add some amateur radios and antennae. Go Subaru!

Badge2.0i-L
TransmissionCVT
Engine Size2.0
Date PurchasedAug 2017

Disappointed
Disappointed asked
XV

I am really disappointed with my Subaru XV. I have always been an advocate for Subarus and was excited to be able to buy this burnt orange XV back in 2016 brand new. I bought the additional warranty to cover me for 7 years. Within 6 months the silver cover on the internal front doors was all scratched and looking terrible, and I’m not rough with my possessions and look after them well, then an oil leak from the engine in under 3 years which I had to fight to get warranty for ending up taking the vehicle to another dealer over 100km from my home and now I can not open my back gate. It started opening by itself, clicking on and off and then refusing to open at all. Once again my local dealers tell me this is not warranty and I’ll have to pay around $700 to get it fixed with a new switch (?). I can’t understand why I have to fight for things that should not be faulty , I don’t have lots of km on my vehicle and I did pay for additional warranty - looks like I might have to change my mind about the brands I trust and believe in . Why do I have to fight for warranty and when did you stop caring about the quality of your cars?

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi there, we are are sorry to hear of your experience and the way that you feel. We would like to further investigate and look into this issue. Could you please reach out to us with further details at feedback@subaru.com.au and we will assign your email to a case manager. We hope to hear from you!
Regards The Subaru Team

Disappointed
Disappointed asked
XV

Regards The Subaru Team

Shirley Rasked
XV G4X (2015-2017)

I bought a 2017 SubaruXV Hatch 2.0i-S new. It has done just over 60,000km, and has been garaged (lock up) and serviced for its entire life. The chrome front door handles are peeling. Subaru have agreed to replace at no cost but I have been assured that they are “doing me a favour”. I rarely have a passenger on board and the passenger side is peeling at the same rate as the drivers side. Surely chrome should not peel like this??

Hi Shirley,
The issue is a manufacturing defect by the supplier of the handles and yes it should not happen. The XV is a great vehicle don’t let this detract from your ownership experience.
Even though your vehicle is out of warranty Subaru are going to replace the faulty handles.
Happy motoring
Regards,

SubaruSubaru Australia

Hi Shirley, We are sorry to hear that your passenger door handle is peeling; however we are thrilled to learn that your local Dealership will be replacing at no cost. If there is anything that you would like to discuss further, please contact our Customer Relations Team on 1800 226 643 or feedback@subaru.com.au. Or you can send us a private message to our Facebook page and we'll be in touch. The Subaru Team.

Shirley R

Yes, I am very pleased that Subaru will replace both front door handles at no cost - thank you, Subaru.

My only confusion is the matter of warranty. When I purchased the car in 2017 I was given a "5 year factory warranty launch promo". I have been unable to find what a "5 year factory warranty" covers. As I have been told twice that the vehicle is out of warranty, I can only assume that such a warranty only covers certain items. Obviously my knowledge of vehicle warranties needs updating.

Get an answer from our members and Subaru Australia representatives

Compare all 7 Subaru XV
CategorySmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVsSmall / Compact SUVs
Starting Price $32,850$35,292$40,359$37,156
TransmissionContinuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)Continuously Variable (CVT)
Drive TypeAll Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)All Wheel Drive (AWD)
Fuel TypePetrolPetrolPetrolPetrol
Max Torque196Nm @ 4000rpm196Nm @ 4000rpm196Nm @ 4000rpm196Nm @ 4000rpm
Country of ManufactureJapanJapanJapanJapan
Maximum Towing Capacity (braked)1,400 kg1,400 kg1,400 kg1,400 kg
Maximum Towing Capacity (unbraked)650 kg650 kg650 kg650 kg
Manufacturer Warranty5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)5 year(s)
Dimensions