Part of Sumo Energy 3.4

68% · 614266 · 29%

Kobus v.
Kobus v.2 posts
  Electricity

Never read meter and unwilling to rectify account

Sumo has not once read our meter, the reading is out by almost 3000 KW/h.
They have refused to apply retrospectively seniors discount.
They have excessively increased their prices without proper due notification.
Due to them owing us money, have not been able to switch providers.

Tim
TimGippsland, VIC

Girl makes day!

I got in touch with accounts to change my billing details. The customer service I received was greatly appreciated. I have been in business for decades, so the efficiency and thoroughness with which the young lady helped me did not go unnoticed. It’s hard to quantify personally with a star system, so I think it best to simply say that she was lovely, and she made my day.
Thank you.
Tim.
Amy
AmySydney, NSW

Great customer service

I spoke to Chloe yesterday and she was so helpful to reduce my plan and make sure I had the best option for me. She went above and beyond to help me with my bill and payment options
Matt
MattMetropolitan Adelaide, SA
  Electricity

Still chasing refund of solar credits.... three months later

My first year with Sumo was great. Good prices and good feedin tarrif...... Then in July they decided to DOUBLE (yes 100% increase) all our charges. So we left immediately.
Currently they still owe us a significant amount of money as our bill was in credit from feedin credits.
After four phone calls I still have not received the money owed to me!
tim564984
tim564984Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Great Rates

I called customer service to compare rates and they picked call in 1 minutes very happy to switched all my accounts to sumo as AGL was overcharging

Hope for good

Zeeman
ZeemanSydney, NSW5 posts

Tripled my rates

Thank you for privitaising the electricity market little Jonny & co and allowing these shonks to operate, scam my $$ and waste my time
Of all the accounts and bills I've paid in my life never have the rates tripled after the first year
INT P.
INT P.Sydney, NSW
  Electricity

Avoid these jokers at every cost unless you like over inflated estimated bills they demand you pay!

As the title suggests, this company between rates, rates changes, customer service and their lies of future bills being actual reads instead of estimates and then not allowing you to give them actual reads before they insist on payment.
Joined in May, disconnected in August.
Do your homework, once I did, I started to find previous fines due to misleading clients and thats how I felt from the start and it seems so do many others reading their reviews.
customer
customerSydney, NSW3 posts
Bella123
Bella123Sydney, NSW2 posts

jazz53127
jazz53127Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Onshore Customer Service

Sumo has customer support in melbourne which made me switch to sumo last year and so far best experience

Someone knocked on my business and offered great deal

Masudur Rahman A.
Masudur Rahman A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

[Content Removed] price and service

They increased rte from 29c to 60c within a few weeks, didn’t give me time to transfer connection. Dont get cheated by these loosers
Hussain
Hussain4 posts
Unhappy Customer
Unhappy CustomerSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Electricity

SCAMMERS.. BE AWARE AND GO ELSE WHERE!!

After the price rise in July they put my bill up as high as they could. Letter said going up 30% but bills have doubled. I was looking for better deals i saw SUMO was offering a lower price than what they charge me. Why didn't they offer this deal to me? I can tell you there are at least half adozen better providers than SUMO. AND when i have government subsidy added my bill always gets estimated very high. I will not/ can not trust SUMO . Will be changing providers ASAP, and my bills will be half what I'm paying. Good bye SUMO.
Jen
JenSouth East Queensland, QLD20 posts
emily S.
emily S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cheapest company ever

I have switched To Sumo energy, last year and when prices increased this year everywhere I called Customer Service and they put me on cheaper plan and no I am more satisfied than ever
Paul S.
Paul S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great customer service

I am posting this review on behalf of my dad, thank you very much for helping my dad with his account queries, you were both very professional & very helpful towards my dad. Thanks again for the excellent & prompt service to my dad's queries.

Naaah
NaaahSouth East Queensland, QLD
Waqar
Waqar Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Your credit history Not Safe even if you are existing Customer

Don’t go with them even if you are existing customers and somehow you ignored any payment but still your further payments going smoothly they will give you a very big one and will accelerate your case to collections agencies and they will Give you more crap, in my case I have already resolved with sumo but they don’t care they don’t finish your case with collecting agencies your case still stay with them and you end up with bad credit history, weather you tell sumo and beg to finish your case with their partner or you call to collections agency they would screw you.
gherkin
gherkinSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

astronomical bill

ive been using sumo for just over a year. my usage is roughly $40-100 every 45 day bill every month cycle consistently. I moved out of my unit and get a final bill of $796 that's not a typo for a one bed one person -for 45 days. this does NOT even include hot water that's covered by altogether. Im shocked at this bill there is no way my usage could have gone up 16X its impossible.
jacqueline1456789
jacqueline1456789Gippsland, VIC

Good company so far

As all the companies increased rates in August. Sumo energy prices still competitive so far happy with their service and prices, using sumo from last 3 years
Sam
SamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good customer service

AGL increased prices double for electricity and sumo gave very good prices. Very satisfied with their prices and now joined with them for gas as well
Highly recommended
旭 张.
旭 张.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Worst company

I find this company by comparing prices, at the time of subscription the price is competitive. As soon as I subscribe, they raise price by 33%. And I found it almost take 30 days to transfer off them!
Sue
Sue7 posts
  Electricity

I was a customer of Sumo but not anymore

I was a customer of Sumo until they over doubled their rates in the recent price increase. I understand most others increased by 25/30% but not Sumo. I have gone with Origin now and much cheaper.
Thomas S.
Thomas S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA7 posts
Mohan
Mohan
Esmin T.
Esmin T.South East Queensland, QLD

Not trustworthy company

I signed up with Sumo on 9/8 agreeing on some rates, feed in tariff, $50 fuel voucher and $50 credit on the first invoice. They sent me a welcome pack but when I looked carefully, the rates are all different from what I had signed up on 9/8. Talking to their call centre, it was explained because I have smart metering that they can't offer me a better rate. Even then, shouldn't someone call or email me to inform about this? Are they hoping no one would check on the higher rates that they sneakily slip into my plan? This is the first and last time I want to have anything to do with them.

Vfor V.
Vfor V.Sydney, NSW

HORRIBLE ! DONT SIGN PEOPLE ! SCAM ELECTRICITY COMPANY

My monthly home bill came $298 for a single living in studio with no washing machine/no cooking/no tv etc.
I am trying to reach the company since yesterday. I called multiple times, no answer. Last call was 4 hours , thanks to them I was waiting for 4 hours.
Today I am calling them for the first thing , still no answer. I check some reviews about SUMO in the mean time, horrible! Same problem with everyone!!! DONT RECOMMENDED THIS ELECTRICITY COMPANY!

Well done SUMOGG you got a life time enemy, I keep spreding how bad you are !!!!

They also like to delete true reviews to make sure no one sees the trurt, they can also block you right after you their facebook page doesnt appear for you.

TOO PITTY MOVE! YOU HIT THE ROCK THIS TIME :)

rayc10143 posts

Nowhere near competitive

A long time ago Sumo was competitive, but that's no longer the case.
While wholesale energy prices are finally decreasing, Sumo's prices remain uncompetitive. Its electricity rates are increasing, and at the same time solar feed-in rates are the lowest in the land.
That's not a formula for making and keeping customers. There are many, many better options available.
(Oh, and I have now been waiting on the phone for more than an hour listening to Sumo advertising...I think their guinea pig is dead)
Snazzy j
Snazzy jSouth East Queensland, QLD7 posts

Good company gone bad

I loved Sumo when we signed up. But now, I can never get hold of customer service. If you click for a call back they don't call back. It has now been a week of calling everyday due to unexplained charges taken from my bank account. If I cant speak to them i can't question the debit, nor can I cancel the account. To top it off the electricity charges have gone up over 35%.
Gavin
Gavin2 posts

It is a robbery

Recently sumo has increased my electricity rate by 60%!!!! Switched to Globird Energy.
JWB206
JWB206
  Electricity

Constantly over charging and over estimating

All "estimated" meter readings were too high. Complaints didn't work.
Now charging higher than reference price.
I've left
Graham
GrahamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC6 posts

SumoiPropal promise

After accepting a elect and Gas deal over phone, I was told once I received my welcome pack I could call Sumo and change to there SumoiPropal deal. I called and was 71st in line, I waited the hour then got connected to a sales person who told me to get the initial deal I would have wait for a call from someone authorised to give me that deal which was $1.07/day connection fee, $0.28/day peak, $0.18/day off peak. Still waiting.
Something C.

Peak 50.93
Shoulder 36.41
Supply Charge 121.00

PRICES ARE IN CENTS

useless monkeys over the phone

animals.r.a.gift
animals.r.a.giftSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sumo was great

My first time experience of having to contact Sumo, they did not disappoint. I spoke with Jasper who answered my many questions on the Government's electricity rebate. Jasper was polite and friendly and an assett to team Sumo. A great customer experience.
customer
customerGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

No customer service

No email contact, long phone waiting time, and still no response.
robins60
robins60ADELAIDE99 posts

rprodrive
rprodriveAU12 posts

10 days notice of a 37% rate increase

Don't waste your time, they uplifted my rates from 23.9 cents to 33 cents for peak usage per kw with minimal notice in an email which is easy to miss. Been with them for less than 12 months. I've now signed up with OVO Energy at 21 cents per kw and that rate is locked in until August 2024. Won't be going back to Sumo.
Jack
Jack
  Electricity

Prices doubled for existing customers while new customers got great rates

When we signed up we were given great rates. But the company seems to have dodgy practices and doubled the rates for existing customers in the new financial year while new customers were given very competitive rates. You could only go back to the decent rates by calling them and complaining about the change. They seem to take advantage of those people that aren't reading every email they send through or aren't actively comparing the market.
Gannon
GannonSydney34 posts

Yeah good so far

Prices and service are great so far, very happy with the service !

And the cheap bundle with Filp Internet is great, check that out if you can.

Ninad
NinadSouth East Queensland, QLD12 posts

Not honest

In Qld, the energy provider has to write to you 10 days before the price changes. Sumo never informed me and now i am on a 30% higher cost just after 20 days of being with Sumo. Actually if they knew the prices were changing they should have informed me at the signup process. I signed up on a health insurance website in March and they told me your rates from 1st July are this much. That's honesty. Didn't get that with Sumo. Also wait times on the phone are very long.

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now