Sumo Internet

Might be the worst technical support I've ever experienced

The sales people and other support staff were very kind and helpful

The service itself was very slow and very unreliable

The main issue is the tech support.
Rang the guys up for some help due too the service dropping out yet again, guy on the phone after 2 minutes flat out refused to help me stating “ sir im not continuing this with you there is nothing wrong with the service stop wasting my time “

There was a great deal wrong with the service, blame was passed on to me for using an incorrect modem (it was the exact modem they recommended for the service)
And i was told i was fabricating issues with the service

Yes really!

I strongly advise you to stay away, i myself have already cancelled my service with them

Standalone or BundledBundled
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Brad, I am very disappointed to hear this. Please send me an email to social@sumo.com.au so I can have this looked into for you. Regards, Amelia @ Sumo

Terrible

Terrible connection. Internet not working for over two weeks! Multiple calls to customer service - very unhelpful. Internet still not working had no other choice but to cancel. Was told I would not be charged for days without service - but money was taken out of my account! Very unhappy with Sumo and their customer service

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi there, I am disappointed to hear that this has happened. Please send me an email to social@sumo.com.au so I can get this resolved for you. Regards, Amelia @ Sumo

Terrible - stay away

I've Sumo nbn for a couple of months. My connection is rarely usable - that is, it either states I'm connected but the internet doesn't work or the connection is 'limited'. I work from home so reliability is a priority for me - what a mistake going with Sumo!!! Even while trying to submit this review my connection has dropped out at least a couple of times. I'm at my wits end with this provider. On another note, I signed up my gas and electricity with them too, in a month they send me a rate increase letter!

The moment I get a chance I'm switching.

Start DateMarch 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi there. Firstly, I would like to apologise for the experience you have had with Sumo. I am really disappointed to hear this has happened with your NBN. I would like to investigate this, are you able to email me at social@sumo.com.au. In regards to your rate rise, many of the influencing factors in pricing are outside Sumo’s control. We make every effort to avoid price increases for our customers. This includes the cost passed on to us by producers, domestic inflation and even the cost of maintaining the infrastructure that delivers electricity and gas to all Australians. We are sorry you have been affected. If there is anything more we can do, please let us know. Kind regards, Tess @ Sumo.

No internet, no tech support

Terrible service, either constantly dropping out or no internet at all. I have rebooted my modem on the hour, every hour this week end especially and still have nothing. Som many other companies, don’t be fooled by their apparent good price.

Hi Hayden, Firstly I would like to apologise for the experience you have had with Sumo. I am really disappointed to hear this has happened. I would like to investigate this, are you able to email me at social@sumo.com.au and I will personally resolve this for you and give you a call to formally apologise. Kind regards, Amelia @ Sumo.

Poor after service

I had my internet connected on the 18th of March .Only had 2 days of service and then nothing since then. I have called them every single day since and they twice gave promises of a technician coming that required me to be home between 8am and 12pm. Can you imagine cancelling work and having to wait for technicians who never showed up. I am truly frustrated and hope this will be sorted out soon. Very poor first impression! Dissapointed Customer.

Start DateMarch 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi there, thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. Firstly I would like to apologise for the experience you have had with Sumo. I am really disappointed to hear this has happened. I would like to investigate this, are you able to email me at social@sumo.com.au and I will personally resolve this for you and give you a call to formally apologise. Kind regards, Stephanie @ SumoStill mo internet to date. Could you please cancel the service and arrange for a refund. I have opted to use a different provider. Appalling service to say the least.Hi Vivian, Please email us at social@sumo.com.au and we can look into this issue for you. Alternatively give us a call on 13 88 60. Regards, Amelia @ Sumo

Paid for absolutely nothing!!

Unfortunately we followed iselect recommendation for this extremely poor service provider in sumo. First we were charged $110 for a modem and then an additional $60 for a set up fee and a further $60 per month for the internet. Okay, that standard.

However, the internet has never worked!!!!! Yet they state that is not their problem and that we must pay regardless and did not receive one cent back or did they accept any responsibility.

We pay for a service which in this case is "Wifi internet" what did we received - absolutely nothing!!!

The customer service were terrible, no-one cared or did they want to help in any shape or form. We've since cancelled, but now stuck with a modem we don't need and no internet - useless!!

Never again - this company will fold in 12 x months - go elsewhere!

Data TypeUnlimited Data

Terrible customer service, charged my credit card and still no internet after 3 weeks

I have been waiting for my internet connection from Sumo for 3 weeks now. At first they set up an appointment for a Telco technician visit to my place which I was required to be present between 8 am to 1 pm. I took time off work but no one showed up that day. When i called them about the issue they told me that they would inspect the problem and send me an email regarding the progress. A week and numerous phone calls later, still no internet and minimal communication from Sumo. During one of the phone calls, i tried to explain to them that the Telco technician never showed up to the appointment, the lady over the phone said technicians may be able to access the Telco box without me being present. Then one day when i was at work i got a call from an unknown number to say that they are the Telco technician and they are on their way to my place to connect the internet with no prior notice. They wanted to know if i was at home to allow them access to the Telco box, but I was obvious not able to rush home on such a short notice. So they in turn told me that i need to set up another appointment with Sumo. When i tried to explain to Sumo again what had happened and requested for another appointment, they refused to set up an appointment and just told me that they would look in to it and send me a email after the issue has been invetigated , which is pretty much their standard answer for every phone call. Today I tried to contact them again but couldnt get through as their voice mail claim that they have closed although it is only 6 30pm and their trading hours is until 8 30pm. Im so frustrated. at this point i just want to cancel my plan and get a refund but they have also refused to do this as well.

Contract TypeMonth-to-month

Scam. Fraud. Liars. Stay away at any cost!

We’ve never heard of Sumo but we were moving houses and asked house agent to setup Internet at the Property as it was urgent. They got in contact with Sumo which at that time, we had no idea it even existed. Our plan was to go along with whatever NBN connection was given to us & try out their service for a month to see how it goes. This was a bad idea on our behalf but we continued it. We paid a total of $150 for Internet Connection & their Modem.

We moved into the house, got the Modem and plugged it in. The power didn’t even work. The modem did not turn at all. We tried over and over again but no luck. This was not a good first impression. We thought it was a mistake and contacted Sumo. They looked easy going and promising and told us to send a picture of the Modem turned on to show case proof. I did that. 2 days gone by, there was no call from Sumo regarding the email & the pictures I sent.

So, I called up & asked them for Updates. They claimed that, they didn’t get the email so I had to send pictures again to another email address while I made them wait on the phone so I didn’t have to deal with getting hold of them again. Email was received on their behalf and was told they will ring back in 24-48hours.

3 days past, no calls. [ At this time, we had no internet what so ever & it was really urgent ]. I called again. No answer. Again, no answer. Called again after a day, someone picked up saying, “We are looking into it. We haven’t heard of a response from the technical team”. I went off at them claiming they are slow, such a slow process and I explained how urgent we needed the Internet. They explained that they are still working with this and will get to me as soon as they get a response.

Never did I get a response. I bought another Modem from a Store in Melbourne which I connected to the NBN. The internet worked fine...for 2 hours. Bam, disconnected and the Internet stopped working. Furiously, I called them. No answer. Called them multiple times, I told them I needed this solved and that I am sick of their service and customer service and they are not worth to have a company. I told them I needed my refund back right now bc we were planning to go for another service provider.

They insisted that they would try to re-configure the Modem that I newly bought. They tried and tried and failed. On their behalf, the Internet was not working and we were so disappointed.

Note: More than 2 weeks have passed at this stage.

I then called, to talk to the Supervisor for Refund & got told that they would not make any refund as it states in their Policy. I yelled and argued for so many hours, so many days explaining that their service was crap and in return of that, I need my money back. I said to them straight up, “You are a scam. I seen your reviews and I wish I did earlier before I even paid you. This is theft. You promise to give out your offer but you take the money and disregard everything you promised. Your process is way too slow and probably not even happening. This is all crap”.

They came to a decision that, if I send out the Modem back to them, they will give the refund. So I immediately made a cancellation for my Service. They claimed to send out a package where we can place the Modem and send it back to their address.

3 weeks past. No package for the Modem.
A month later. No package.

I called them, they gave me a tracking number which did not work at all. I called them multiple times from Monday to Friday trying to sort out this issue. They claimed that they will send out the package one more time bc there might have been an issue.

4 days later, packages arrived at my house. I placed the Modem in the package and sent it out.

I waited for them to get back to me and to tell me they received the package. But did they? No. I had to call them.

Called them a week later asking and they claimed they have received it and is looking into it. Furiously, I again yelled and argued telling that I had enough and I needed to talk a high authority but they always told me I can’t bc “She is in a meeting”. I called the same day and someone else picked the phone up and they claimed, “She was not here and is on leave”. I asked them for how long, he stuttered and said, “3 days or something”.
I called the same day, asking again, and they said, “She’s left early today”. Clearly, they are liars.

A month and two & half weeks later. No calls regarding this problem. So I called. They claimed that they have checked out my Modem and it was working normally so they could not refund.

This is when I got furious and I screamed at them, “You guys are all scums. It’s been more than a month you scam. You think I am dumb? I am getting my refund back, Mark my words. Put me on to the supervisor now. Go on”. They refused. “Okay, so, the Modem is working right. My internet wasn’t. I haven’t used a bit of your internet so where is the money for that?”. They stuttered and did not reply to that. I said again, “I am getting my refund back for the Modem and Internet. I need to talk to the Supervisor, so make an appointment for a call back. If I don’t get a call back approving for a refund, I will go to an Ombudsman and deal with you from them. I will get the cops involved”. He suddenly made a appointment.

Few hours later, I got a call from the same guy saying they will refund the full money.

5 days go past, I call and ask them on the refund and if it has been deposited because I have no seen any money in my account. They claimed that my card was lost and error came up on their screen. [ My card was not lost ]. So I immediately gave them another account which in 3 more days, I got my refund.

They are Scammers. Avoid at any cost. They also lie and never offer what they promised. They never call you back, you always have call. They are so quick to take money from us but can’t return if they fail to provide what they promised.

This went on for 1 Month and 3 & half weeks. I had to put so much time and energy to get my refund.

$150 is not much of a big money to me. I would have let this go. But we need to show people and company like them that we have rights and power to fireback. Only that way, these people would slowly vanish. They live of people by lying and scamming thinking their customers wouldn’t act back.

I am content creator on YouTube. And I will be making a Video about them soon. For their privacy reasons, I would not be mentioning their name due to legal issues.

[website removed]

Start DateDecember 2018

Terrible customer service

SUMO customer service is non existent, after numerous problems dealing with there phone support I submitted 4 requests for a supervisor call back which never happened, I was told that a ticket had been submitted and a supervisor would call back within 24-48hrs, this never happened until I cancelled my service and asked for a refund, even then the call back was from the phone support and not a supervisor

Contract Type12-month contract
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi there, thanks for getting in contact with us. This is really disappointing to hear this has happened. I would like to look into this and have it resolved. Could you please send me an email to info@sumo.com.au and I can look into it and make sure it's all cleared up for you. Kind regards, StephanieHi Rachel You have asked that I send an email to this address so here it is, The service provided has been terrible, even to the point that your phone support have tried to explain how a circuit works and completely messed up what they were saying. I have over twenty years networking experience, working for companies like Global Crossing as there principle shift engineer so when someone who does not know what they are talking about tries to bluff there way through a conversation, well its not only an insult but your staff are actively lying to there potential customers Your staff need to be trained properly and have at least some basic knowledge of how a network operates and how a circuit works, also they need to know how the NBN connection works, when they tell you to disconnect from your current ISP as soon as possible so that SUMO can connect your circuit in or around twenty days, that’s just disgraceful that you allow that to happen, I had to explain to the lady I was dealing with the process of how you connect to the NBN. Finally your call back system, I believe I had five tickets asking for a call back, I missed the first one because I was driving but the other four tickets requesting a call back were ignored until I cancelled my service, only then did I get a call and it was from an operator not a supervisor. All in all your company is a joke and I strongly advise anyone to stay away from you This email will also be published on IreviewHi again, Mick. I am really disappointed by your feedback, it is very appreciated as it helps to rectify these types of things. Are you able to email me and attention it to Stephanie at info@sumo.com.au and include your account details, I would like to investigate this even further. Thanks. Stephanie @ Sumo

Not refunding money for a service that they didn't provide!

Terrible customer service, worst company that I have ever dealt with! They have been charging us for a service that they haven't provided and apparently it is our fault. It took the manager nearly 2 weeks to talk to us after us making over 10 calls to them. One of the employees even cursed at me on the phone! Very unhelpful and unprofessional! AVOID!!

Hi there, thank you for taking the time out to provide feedback. I’m really sorry to hear this has happened, it’s very disapppointing to know. I would like to investigate what’s happened and have it resolved for you. Could you please email me at: social@sumo.com.au with your details and I will have it resolved ASAP. I’m sorry again. Kind regards, Stephanie @ Sumo.

Awful service. Can see why their rating is so low!

Stay away from Sumo, terrible customer service and will leave you without net connection for weeks on end! Will not refund me my money even though we are not even connected after so long

Adequate Speeds No
Hi there, thank you for taking the time out to provide feedback. I’m really sorry and disappointed to hear this has happened. I would like to investigate what’s happened and have it resolved for you. Could you please email me at: social@sumo.com.au with your details and I will have it resolved ASAP. I’m sorry again. Kind regards, Stephanie @ Sumo.