Terrible - stay away

I've Sumo nbn for a couple of months. My connection is rarely usable - that is, it either states I'm connected but the internet doesn't work or the connection is 'limited'. I work from home so reliability is a priority for me - what a mistake going with Sumo!!! Even while trying to submit this review my connection has dropped out at least a couple of times. I'm at my wits end with this provider. On another note, I signed up my gas and electricity with them too, in a month they send me a rate increase letter!

The moment I get a chance I'm switching.

Start DateMarch 2019
Adequate Speeds No
Standalone or BundledStandalone
Contract TypeMonth-to-month
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi there. Firstly, I would like to apologise for the experience you have had with Sumo. I am really disappointed to hear this has happened with your NBN. I would like to investigate this, are you able to email me at social@sumo.com.au. In regards to your rate rise, many of the influencing factors in pricing are outside Sumo’s control. We make every effort to avoid price increases for our customers. This includes the cost passed on to us by producers, domestic inflation and even the cost of maintaining the infrastructure that delivers electricity and gas to all Australians. We are sorry you have been affected. If there is anything more we can do, please let us know. Kind regards, Tess @ Sumo.

Terrible customer service

SUMO customer service is non existent, after numerous problems dealing with there phone support I submitted 4 requests for a supervisor call back which never happened, I was told that a ticket had been submitted and a supervisor would call back within 24-48hrs, this never happened until I cancelled my service and asked for a refund, even then the call back was from the phone support and not a supervisor

Start DateJanuary 2019
Adequate Speeds No
Standalone or BundledStandalone
Contract Type12-month contract
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi there, thanks for getting in contact with us. This is really disappointing to hear this has happened. I would like to look into this and have it resolved. Could you please send me an email to info@sumo.com.au and I can look into it and make sure it's all cleared up for you. Kind regards, StephanieHi Rachel You have asked that I send an email to this address so here it is, The service provided has been terrible, even to the point that your phone support have tried to explain how a circuit works and completely messed up what they were saying. I have over twenty years networking experience, working for companies like Global Crossing as there principle shift engineer so when someone who does not know what they are talking about tries to bluff there way through a conversation, well its not only an insult but your staff are actively lying to there potential customers Your staff need to be trained properly and have at least some basic knowledge of how a network operates and how a circuit works, also they need to know how the NBN connection works, when they tell you to disconnect from your current ISP as soon as possible so that SUMO can connect your circuit in or around twenty days, that’s just disgraceful that you allow that to happen, I had to explain to the lady I was dealing with the process of how you connect to the NBN. Finally your call back system, I believe I had five tickets asking for a call back, I missed the first one because I was driving but the other four tickets requesting a call back were ignored until I cancelled my service, only then did I get a call and it was from an operator not a supervisor. All in all your company is a joke and I strongly advise anyone to stay away from you This email will also be published on IreviewHi again, Mick. I am really disappointed by your feedback, it is very appreciated as it helps to rectify these types of things. Are you able to email me and attention it to Stephanie at info@sumo.com.au and include your account details, I would like to investigate this even further. Thanks. Stephanie @ Sumo