Terrible

Terrible connection. Internet not working for over two weeks! Multiple calls to customer service - very unhelpful. Internet still not working had no other choice but to cancel. Was told I would not be charged for days without service - but money was taken out of my account! Very unhappy with Sumo and their customer service

Start DateJanuary 2019
Standalone or BundledStandalone
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi there, I am disappointed to hear that this has happened. Please send me an email to social@sumo.com.au so I can get this resolved for you. Regards, Amelia @ Sumo

Paid for absolutely nothing!!

Unfortunately we followed iselect recommendation for this extremely poor service provider in sumo. First we were charged $110 for a modem and then an additional $60 for a set up fee and a further $60 per month for the internet. Okay, that standard.

However, the internet has never worked!!!!! Yet they state that is not their problem and that we must pay regardless and did not receive one cent back or did they accept any responsibility.

We pay for a service which in this case is "Wifi internet" what did we received - absolutely nothing!!!

The customer service were terrible, no-one cared or did they want to help in any shape or form. We've since cancelled, but now stuck with a modem we don't need and no internet - useless!!

Never again - this company will fold in 12 x months - go elsewhere!

Start DateJanuary 2019
Standalone or BundledStandalone
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi there, thanks for getting in contact with us. This is really disappointing to hear this has happened. I would like to look into this and have it resolved. Could you please send me an email to info@sumo.com.au and I can look into it and make sure it's all cleared up for you. Kind regards, Stephanie

Scam. Fraud. Liars. Stay away at any cost!

We’ve never heard of Sumo but we were moving houses and asked house agent to setup Internet at the Property as it was urgent. They got in contact with Sumo which at that time, we had no idea it even existed. Our plan was to go along with whatever NBN connection was given to us & try out their service for a month to see how it goes. This was a bad idea on our behalf but we continued it. We paid a total of $150 for Internet Connection & their Modem.

We moved into the house, got the Modem and plugged it in. The power didn’t even work. The modem did not turn at all. We tried over and over again but no luck. This was not a good first impression. We thought it was a mistake and contacted Sumo. They looked easy going and promising and told us to send a picture of the Modem turned on to show case proof. I did that. 2 days gone by, there was no call from Sumo regarding the email & the pictures I sent.

So, I called up & asked them for Updates. They claimed that, they didn’t get the email so I had to send pictures again to another email address while I made them wait on the phone so I didn’t have to deal with getting hold of them again. Email was received on their behalf and was told they will ring back in 24-48hours.

3 days past, no calls. [ At this time, we had no internet what so ever & it was really urgent ]. I called again. No answer. Again, no answer. Called again after a day, someone picked up saying, “We are looking into it. We haven’t heard of a response from the technical team”. I went off at them claiming they are slow, such a slow process and I explained how urgent we needed the Internet. They explained that they are still working with this and will get to me as soon as they get a response.

Never did I get a response. I bought another Modem from a Store in Melbourne which I connected to the NBN. The internet worked fine...for 2 hours. Bam, disconnected and the Internet stopped working. Furiously, I called them. No answer. Called them multiple times, I told them I needed this solved and that I am sick of their service and customer service and they are not worth to have a company. I told them I needed my refund back right now bc we were planning to go for another service provider.

They insisted that they would try to re-configure the Modem that I newly bought. They tried and tried and failed. On their behalf, the Internet was not working and we were so disappointed.

Note: More than 2 weeks have passed at this stage.

I then called, to talk to the Supervisor for Refund & got told that they would not make any refund as it states in their Policy. I yelled and argued for so many hours, so many days explaining that their service was crap and in return of that, I need my money back. I said to them straight up, “You are a scam. I seen your reviews and I wish I did earlier before I even paid you. This is theft. You promise to give out your offer but you take the money and disregard everything you promised. Your process is way too slow and probably not even happening. This is all crap”.

They came to a decision that, if I send out the Modem back to them, they will give the refund. So I immediately made a cancellation for my Service. They claimed to send out a package where we can place the Modem and send it back to their address.

3 weeks past. No package for the Modem.
A month later. No package.

I called them, they gave me a tracking number which did not work at all. I called them multiple times from Monday to Friday trying to sort out this issue. They claimed that they will send out the package one more time bc there might have been an issue.

4 days later, packages arrived at my house. I placed the Modem in the package and sent it out.

I waited for them to get back to me and to tell me they received the package. But did they? No. I had to call them.

Called them a week later asking and they claimed they have received it and is looking into it. Furiously, I again yelled and argued telling that I had enough and I needed to talk a high authority but they always told me I can’t bc “She is in a meeting”. I called the same day and someone else picked the phone up and they claimed, “She was not here and is on leave”. I asked them for how long, he stuttered and said, “3 days or something”.
I called the same day, asking again, and they said, “She’s left early today”. Clearly, they are liars.

A month and two & half weeks later. No calls regarding this problem. So I called. They claimed that they have checked out my Modem and it was working normally so they could not refund.

This is when I got furious and I screamed at them, “You guys are all scums. It’s been more than a month you scam. You think I am dumb? I am getting my refund back, Mark my words. Put me on to the supervisor now. Go on”. They refused. “Okay, so, the Modem is working right. My internet wasn’t. I haven’t used a bit of your internet so where is the money for that?”. They stuttered and did not reply to that. I said again, “I am getting my refund back for the Modem and Internet. I need to talk to the Supervisor, so make an appointment for a call back. If I don’t get a call back approving for a refund, I will go to an Ombudsman and deal with you from them. I will get the cops involved”. He suddenly made a appointment.

Few hours later, I got a call from the same guy saying they will refund the full money.

5 days go past, I call and ask them on the refund and if it has been deposited because I have no seen any money in my account. They claimed that my card was lost and error came up on their screen. [ My card was not lost ]. So I immediately gave them another account which in 3 more days, I got my refund.

They are Scammers. Avoid at any cost. They also lie and never offer what they promised. They never call you back, you always have call. They are so quick to take money from us but can’t return if they fail to provide what they promised.

This went on for 1 Month and 3 & half weeks. I had to put so much time and energy to get my refund.

$150 is not much of a big money to me. I would have let this go. But we need to show people and company like them that we have rights and power to fireback. Only that way, these people would slowly vanish. They live of people by lying and scamming thinking their customers wouldn’t act back.

I am content creator on YouTube. And I will be making a Video about them soon. For their privacy reasons, I would not be mentioning their name due to legal issues.

[website removed]

Start DateDecember 2018
Contract TypeMonth-to-month

Awful service. Can see why their rating is so low!

Stay away from Sumo, terrible customer service and will leave you without net connection for weeks on end! Will not refund me my money even though we are not even connected after so long

Adequate Speeds No
Hi there, thank you for taking the time out to provide feedback. I’m really sorry and disappointed to hear this has happened. I would like to investigate what’s happened and have it resolved for you. Could you please email me at: social@sumo.com.au with your details and I will have it resolved ASAP. I’m sorry again. Kind regards, Stephanie @ Sumo.