Sumo

Sumo (page 2 of 24)

Electricity, Gas and Internet

Due date extension given without losing the pay on time discount. Great customer service given from the young girl that I spoke with very easy and short and I didn't expect what I actually got on the call today...

ServicesElectricity
Hi Benjamin, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide wonderful feedback. I am really glad to hear you have had such a wonderful experience with Sumo and our team was able to assist you. I have passed this feedback onto the agents supervisor.If there is anything more we can do to help, please let us know. Kind regards, Amelia @ Sumo

Great customer service . The lady helped me with everything efficient and very helpful .

Customer service always great . Always happy to help and go one Step futher for you . Great power and never had any problems. Only left this company as we was moving house .

ServicesElectricity
Hi Sam, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide wonderful feedback. I am really glad to hear you have had such a wonderful experience with Sumo and our team was able to assist you. If there is anything more we can do to help, please let us know. Kind regards, Amelia @ Sumo

Great service!

Had some trouble with the bill payment and Megan resolved it very promptly. She took the time to understand the issue and suggest all possible solutions. I would highly rate the customer service that was provided.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Ali, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide wonderful feedback. I am really glad to hear you have had such a wonderful experience with Sumo and our team was able to assist you. I have passed this feedback onto the agents supervisor.If there is anything more we can do to help, please let us know. Kind regards, Amelia @ Sumo

The lady I spoke to was very helpful and sorted my problem out straight away I would recommend sumo to anyone who wants to change gas and electricity thanks sumo

ServicesGas
Hi Jason, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide wonderful feedback. I am really glad to hear you have had such a wonderful experience with Sumo and our team was able to assist you. If there is anything more we can do to help, please let us know. Kind regards, Amelia @ Sumo.

Problem Solved

I am a DVA Gold Card holder and have had problems getting my concession entitlements. Customer Service person Miriam took my details and resolved all of the outstanding issues including back dating my benefits. It was quick and painless.
Thanks for your help,much appreciated.
Jeff G

ServicesGas
Hi Jeff, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide wonderful feedback. I am really glad to hear you have had such a wonderful experience with Sumo and our team was able to assist you. I have passed this feedback onto the agents supervisor.If there is anything more we can do to help, please let us know. Kind regards, Amelia @ Sumo.

Great prices and discounts

Really liked the service and helpfulness of the service operative. Got bill paid and received discount. Thanks for the respectful and good service.
The idea of a sizeable discount for prompt payment is very appealing .

Hi Ilana, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide wonderful feedback. I am really glad to hear you have had such a wonderful experience with Sumo and our team was able to assist you. If there is anything more we can do to help, please let us know. Kind regards, Amelia @ Sumo.

Great to support an Australian company

Staff were fantastic. Great attitude etc. thank you team at Sumo for being so friendly and trying to give me all that could be offered . I highly recommend to anybody .blessings.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Carol, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide wonderful feedback. I am really glad to hear you have had such a wonderful experience with Sumo and our team was able to assist you. If there is anything more we can do to help, please let us know. Kind regards, Amelia @ Sumo.

Terrific Service

Sumo have been great - we use them for both electricity and gas. The discounts are really good. We had an issue with one of our bills recently and the customer service guy (Tony) was terrific, problem solved!

ServicesElectricity
Hi Rachel, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. I am really glad to hear you have had such a wonderful experience with Sumo and our team was able to assist you. I have passed this feedback on to the agents supervisor. If there is anything more we can do to help, please let us know. Kind regards, Amelia @ Sumo.

Excellent service

Always get great customer service and a great outcome at the end every time I make a phone call to Sumo. Very professional company haven’t had any issues with Sumo.

Hi Sarah Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. I am really glad to hear you have had such a wonderful experience with Sumo and our team was able to assist you. If there is anything more we can do to help, please let us know. Kind regards, Amelia @ Sumo.

Excellent service

The lady was very helpful and understood my issue paying my bill
Great and understanding team
Great job guys will recommend to family and friends
I hope sumo will still give out discounts in the near future

ServicesElectricity
Hi there, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. I am really glad to hear you have had such a wonderful experience with Sumo and our team was able to assist you. If there is anything more we can do to help, please let us know. Kind regards, Amelia @ Sumo.

very helpful

all my problems were resolved i had used the wrong utility number to pay my bill Megan was very helpful and explained which number for gas and which for electricity she remedy the situation for me

ServicesGas
Hi Indigo, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. I am really glad to hear you have had such a wonderful experience with Sumo and our team was able to assist you. I have passed this feedback on to the agents supervisor. If there is anything more we can do to help, please let us know. Kind regards, Amelia @ Sumo.

service

Good service i received for my mistake of payment.
Staffs job is helpful for me.
Better than i expect.
Everything is fixed up within five minutes, and got reply soon.
thank you for that.

Hi Tony, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. I am really glad to hear you have had such a wonderful experience with Sumo and our team was able to assist you. If there is anything more we can do to help, please let us know. Kind regards, Amelia @ Sumo.

Excellent customer service

Excellent customer service. Very helpful and friendly. Solved my issue. Would highly recommend sumo for gas and electricity. Been with them for over a year and still happy. Very easy to get through as well

ServicesGas
Hi Suzanne, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. I am really glad to hear you have had such a wonderful experience with Sumo and our team was able to assist you. If there is anything more we can do to help, please let us know. Kind regards, Amelia @ Sumo.

Fantastic

Every member of Sumo I have dealt with have been absolutely fantastic and they dont judge when you call up to get an extension on your bills I'm very happy

Excellent!

Had sumo gas connected as well as electricity after moving into my first home. Hadn't had any dropouts or other problems. The staff were really nice and are understanding, makes you feel welcomed and open. Thanks to Laura who was incredibly helpful today. Would recommend!

ServicesElectricity and Gas
Hi Elle, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. I am really glad to hear you have had such a wonderful experience with Sumo and our team was able to assist you. If there is anything more we can do to help, please let us know. Kind regards, Amelia @ Sumo.

Outrageous billing

I switched to Sumo with the sole objective of getting a fair pricing on the bills....the first bill that came in was ok but the second was x2 the first and and am left wondering why I had to switch when d former company was better. Customer service is excellent but that didn’t change d outrageous amount that am left to pay. I feel like I was lured into a lion’s den.

ServicesElectricity
Hi Amaflo, I am very disappointed to hear this. Please send me an email to social@sumo.com.au so I can have this looked into for you. Regards, Amelia @ Sumo

Might be the worst technical support I've ever experienced

The sales people and other support staff were very kind and helpful

The service itself was very slow and very unreliable

The main issue is the tech support.
Rang the guys up for some help due too the service dropping out yet again, guy on the phone after 2 minutes flat out refused to help me stating “ sir im not continuing this with you there is nothing wrong with the service stop wasting my time “

There was a great deal wrong with the service, blame was passed on to me for using an incorrect modem (it was the exact modem they recommended for the service)
And i was told i was fabricating issues with the service

Yes really!

I strongly advise you to stay away, i myself have already cancelled my service with them

Adequate Speeds No
Standalone or BundledBundled
Contract TypeMonth-to-month
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Hi Brad, I am very disappointed to hear this. Please send me an email to social@sumo.com.au so I can have this looked into for you. Regards, Amelia @ Sumo

Sumo has made my life a lot easier!

I moved this account to SUMO in October 2018, and during the change over and sign up, another provider did a sneaky bit of "customer slamming" and pulled it away from SUMO.
And I would love to name the company here but am not at liberty to do so.
When I finally realised the error it was early December, so I went straight back to SUMO and between us, there was a Retro Transfer done and the account has been with SUMO since then. It did take a few weeks and many hours of being very forceful to accomplish this.
I had reason to contact SUMO today about receiving this quarter's bill, and Andrew in Customer Service in the Melbourne office was able to assist me.
He is extremely knowledgeable, polite, friendly and to the point.
And I have to mention here what an absolute pleasure it is to speak with an Aussie - IN AUSTRALIA - who is well educated, understands exactly what the issue is, doesn't put you on hold for long periods of time and just gets the job done!
Thank you Andrew! You are a credit to the Company and I will be spreading the word!
You have continued to give the GREAT service that I have already received from SUMO with all the issues mentioned previously - and I would like to add here that the bill we received from the Company who did the Customer slamming (P/D) was $610.00, and after the Retro Transfer and SUMO applying their rates and discounts, it came out at $417.09 !!!
Thank you SUMO!! What a great saving!

July 2nd 2019 Update: The Customer Service is Excellent

I had reason to contact Sumo about receiving this quarter's bill, and Andrew in Customer Service in the Melbourne office was able to assist me. He is extremely knowledgeable, polite, friendly and to the point. Thank you Andrew - you are a credit to the Company! You have continued to give the GREAT service that I have already received from the Sumo Accounts Team, Brad, Zac and Archy!

ServicesElectricity
Hi Leonie, Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback. I am really glad to hear you have had such a wonderful experience with Sumo and our team was able to assist you. I have passed this feedback onto the agentʻs supervisors. If there is anything more we can do to help, please let us know. Kind regards, Amelia @ Sumo.

Great Sevice

I have been with Sumo now for over 12 months I have had contact with staff on three or four occasions.
Everything is easy from changed my payment method getting a better price. I get weekly energy updates so I now what is happening. I would recommend Sumo to anyone

ServicesElectricity and Gas

Bait and switch criminals

Bait and switch criminals taking advantage of the vulnerable elderly market . And then harassment calling with private untraceable number 10 times a day unbelievable behavior from these cowboys . Steer well clear of this criminal outfit .

ServicesElectricity
Hi there, I am very disappointed to hear this. Please send me an email to social@sumo.com.au so I can have this looked into for you. Regards, Amelia @ SumoIf you had any morals or decency you would announce on this website that you will officially stop prank calling me and my 82 year old mother up to 10 times a day on both mobile and land lines as again you are frightening my elderly and frail mother with heavy breathing on the phone and hang up calls and annoying me because you are causing distress to my mother . As your help service said they do not believe me and will keep on calling with the private untraceable number Sumo uses . I called the police a while ago but they said nothing can be done because of the untraceable private number which obviously Sumo knows which is why they use the untraceable private number to harass customers .

I agreed to sign up with Sumo yesterday for our power bill, now very concerned with some of the comments on this page - the discount is amazing. Will I be advised of an increase before it happens? How long is this discount offer available for? Do I have a cooling off period to satisfy myself if it is worth changing over to Sumo or not.
Hi there, thank you for getting in contact. Our discounts are locked in for 12 months and in regards to the rate increases, it is our practice that we advise as much advance notice for an increase, however, we always act in accordance with 46(4) of the Energy Retail Code and provide as soon as practicable or by no later than a customers next bill. You are entitled to a 10 business day cooling off period the day from when you receive your Welcome Pack. Please give us a call on 13 88 60 or send us an email to info@sumo.com.au and we would be happy to answer any further questions you may have. Kind regards, Stephanie @ Sumo

I've waited over a month to be connect to the NBN and after weeks of calling, during which they constantly told me it was the NBN being behind schedule due to Christmas, they finally told me that they had infact forgot to request proof of residency. Now I've had the NBN technician connect the property and sumo say I am connected yet I'm not. They haven't given me any technical information to input onto my modem and their technical support team which is supposedly open from 10am till 4pm on Saturdays does not answer any calls? So I'm after any technical data to put in to my modem to get connected
Have you tried ringing the 03 number instead of the 13? You get put straight through to technical support that wayannoyed, what is the 03 number?I strongly suggest don't touch this compnay , I perfer either use TPlink / Dodo / even Telstra on special price.. I just in their electricity plan , price increase for 15% on second month . Gas bill still haven't received yet . that's totally no point to consider this company .. stay away!!!!

I have adsl with sumo and i called to ask for my isp address to put into my router only to be told they dont have one? All internet needs to have a isp address as far as i know then i was called back and given my customer number as the address wth someone needs to fix this or of to the ombudsman i go smh
Don’t know if this will help, but if you’re running windows (any version) if you click on the signal icon at bottom right of screen, then go to properties from the box that opens up, you should be able to see the isp details displayed there. Hope this works for you.Hi there, thanks for getting in contact with us. This is really disappointing to hear this has happened. I would like to look into this and have it resolved. Could you please send me an email to info@sumo.com.au and I can look into it and make sure it's all cleared up for you. Kind regards, Amelia

Sumo ElectricitySumo GasSumo NBN 12Sumo NBN 50Sumo NBN 25
CategoryEnergy Providers and Household UtilitiesEnergy Providers and Household UtilitiesInternet Service Providers and Household UtilitiesInternet Service Providers and Household UtilitiesInternet Service Providers and Household Utilities
Monthly Price $70.00$90.00$80.00
Service TypeNBNNBNNBN
Packages AvailableBundle and StandaloneBundle and StandaloneBundle and Standalone
ContractSet PeriodSet PeriodSet Period