3.4

1,256 reviews
Elizabeth Beilby
Elizabeth BeilbySydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts
  Electricity

Just a smart meter instal

Just contacted Annalise to have a smart meter installed…she was warm friendly and professional…could not have felt more acknowledged and assisted! Show reply

anne
anne

assistance with payment extension

The assistance was concise and very positive. Explanations were easy to understand.
Rob
RobGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

Terrible Customer Service

I always have a bad experience when talking to customer service. Recently I talked to the supervisor [Name Removed] and due to the way she treated the subject and myself, I will cancel my account.
maureen
maureen

inquiry

In my recent inquiry with Sumo, I spoke with Alex,she was courteous and helpful and had patience with an 87-year-old. man thankyou Fre
Fred59
Fred59SYDNEY5 posts

Best electricity providers

Have had the best experiene in dealing with an electricity provider. The support and assistance I have received has been amazing. Very polite and helpful on all occasions. Highly recommend Sumo.

David Denham
David Denham

SUMO ELECTRICITY SUPPLY FOR QLD

I've been with Sumo now for 6 months, and I am really happy with their prices first, but also the ability to chat with them and get immediate answers to any queries. Very straightforward, helpful, and would have to be one of the cheapest suppliers around. A shining light in this miserable energy environment we live in .
Bruce
Bruce11 posts

Great product

Have been with Sumo for approx 9 months. Rates are very competitive for Qld.
Got great service from a a Sumo representative via telephone today. 3/1/24. Spoke with a young lady,,Alex,who, assisted us with a cheaper product. Very great full.
Queensland Senior
Queensland Senior

Account adjustment

The Queensland Seniors Discount had not been correctly applied to the account. Numerous phone calls to Sumo since August 2023 had not resulted in this being correctly addressed. Today I spoke with Adam Cambruzzi who was exceptionally patient and professional in understanding the issue and addressing same.
Wazza
WazzaSouth East Queensland, QLD4 posts
  Electricity

Electricity bills more expensive than previous provider

Recently changed to Sumo for cheaper electricity rates however after 1 1/2 months, the bills were a lot more than my previous provider despite their lower rates. I couldn't work out why this was the case, so I quickly changed back to my previous electricity provider.

Richard Welsh
Richard Welsh
  Electricity

Direct debit setup for my account

I was impressed in by the short wait time to speak to an operator. Her name is Annalise and she was very nice, friendly and we could understand each other, which is a lot more than I can say about some others who use overseas call centres.
Meredith O.
Meredith O.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Sumo Lover

I can’t emphasise how happy I am with Sumo for my Electricity and Gas! Thank heavens I changed Provider
Tilley
TilleySouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts
  Electricity

Efficient, professional, cheerful and friendly

My inquiry was processed quickly and efficiently. The staff member was knowledgeable, helpful and considerate. Everything was processed quickly and correctly and all issues were unanswered positively.
Yoda
Yoda
  Electricity

Just a review on my latest conversation with a sumo representative, very happy

My sumo customer service rep ( matt) was most helpful in sorting some billing issues and helping me with a better plan, thanks Matt for your time and his clear commitment to ensure best customer service
ACH
ACHGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very New

I have had a great deal of difficulty getting this set up. The links sent on email have not worked, and Sumo representatives have had to do some stuff "from the back end" - however they were all very polite, kind and helpful. I understand that my electricity is now being looked after by Sumo, and I hope the product delivery lives up to expectation.
Bernadette
Bernadette8 posts
  Gas

I had a query which was resolved

The chap I spoke to was very obliging and sorted out my query. Show reply
Jess
Jess

AVOID AT ALL COSTS

If I could give Sumo 0 stars I would. This company tried to charge us 6x the amount of gas that we had used every other quarter, and then when I called to ask about it, no one would acknowledge the fact that it was wrong or take any responsibility.

I spent over 10 hours on the phone, and they just blamed it on usage when the meter reading was clearly wrong.

Would recommend avoiding at all

Honest advice
Honest advice
  Electricity

Sumo is an trapezoidal selling product

I've been with sumo for years just now to find out its a poor product how was I so blind
Rajesh
RajeshSydney, NSW3 posts

1500$ has been missing from my account

1500$ has been missing from my account. I called Sumo 5-6 times till now but my issue has not been fixed. There is no accountability, No one is taking ownership. Till now I have spent atleast 4-5 hours on follow-up
Sumo   DM
Rod
Rod

Bill inquiry

Service provided was quick and excellent would certainly recommend this company
Mark N.
Mark N.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts
  Electricity

staff in their Australian call centre

I signed up with Summo power as they where by far the cheapest. As I am a new customer I had a hard time working out how to read my bill. The lady I dealt with was a fantastic help. Also it only took 90seconds until I was talking with a human on the phone. Very happy with their service.
  Electricity

Excellent service received by Jacqueline with my enquiry today

Jacqueline was extremely helpful with my enquiry, very satisfied with her service
Hiep N.
Hiep N.3 posts

Great customer service!

Great customer service! I dealt with Ash, he is very friendly, clear communication and asks the right questions to let me know if I’m sure of what I’m getting. Professional and would recommend my family/friends!
Shaz
Shaz

Electricity plans

Very helpful staff hoping to save on electricity on a new plan
Adam
AdamChatswood2 posts

Warning to everyone

This company is scammers I do not recommend dealing with them, as they charge the customers double the bill I'm not the only one, he was scammed check all reviews and you can see how many people they have been scammed by this company
Very careful I refer everyone to make complaint to fair trading nsw so they can remove this company from Australia
katrina
katrina
  Electricity

My phone call with Sumo today

I had my account explained perfectly quickly and very pleasantly
Alex was very patient i am a senior, and just needed that bit of extra time
bsuther
bsutherSouth East Queensland, QLD

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE

Any contact with Call Centre is supported by Great Customer Service

Eric
EricGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Satisfied Customer

Levi was excellent & very helpful and our queries were completed with minimal fuss.
Francis OBrien
Francis OBrienGippsland, VIC2 posts

Customer service was great

Thanks extremely helpful the service offered was outstanding and helpful to me
Gani
GaniGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC5 posts
Leigh
LeighSouthwest, VIC

Sumo Electricity Review

Sumo are co much better than their competitors... Rate for buying electricity from customer is best .. And when I did not read the contract in its entirety .. they returned me to my old plan which was financially much better...
Aaron U
Aaron USouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

So far, so good

Switched to SUMO in Jul 2023. Electricity rates are really competitive (well in QLD anyway) compared to other providers, who have all recently gone up a lot. Sumo has a strange monthly billing arrangement, whereby most providers charge quarterly.
Thankfully the service is really good. Still, the normal telephone waits to get through, but at least when you do speak with staff, they are friendly and knowledgeable (and speak English).
Early days but happy so far.
a j.
a j.

very good services

excellent staff who are always ready to help you out no matter what the situation may be for example an overdue bill,or a service fault,staff always manage to smooth out any rough situation and are very understanding & down to earth and very well spoken.highly recommend this company.
Sheikh Kaiser
Sheikh KaiserSydney, NSW
  Electricity

Customer service is very good

I found SUMO customer service is very good, especially when it came to bill payment.
Rebecca
Rebecca
  Electricity

Service i received from Alex today was fantastic - FINALLY the first time i've received great service since i joined in March
Netty
NettyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

changing plan

Easy to talk to representative about alternative plans to my current one.
Marie
MarieSydney Surrounds, NSW2 posts

Great staff and service

Staff member Ash went beyond service helpful and friendly and easy

Kwong
Kwong

Great Service

The consultant was able to give accurate and pertinent advice for my home needs. Presented me with options to make clear informed choices. Really helpful.
Jen
JenSouth East Queensland, QLD

customer service

your staff member was very helpful and provided additional information
Bec R.
Bec R.
  Electricity

Avoid!! Do not believe their cheap rates!!

I would give them 0 stars if I could. Claim that the meter hasn’t been read for 18 months yet I have let a meter reader in my property every three months. They then send a bill for $2090 dollars for the month claiming it’s a “catch up” bill due to the meter not being read and all previous bills were an “estimate”. They claim their rates are cheap until months in you get charged triple!! This has happened to several people around my area who are with Sumo. Don’t believe their heaps rates they are an absolute scam. AVOID!!!!!!!!
Darryl
Darryl

Seeking Information

I spoke with Alex’s regarding my new account, pricing and discounts and found her very friendly and helpful.

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now