3.4

1,256 reviews
Sean O.
Sean O.
  Gas

Oh boy, they cannot even submit paperwork to the supplier

Applied for Sumo when I first moved into my new property. Over the next three months, I called several times, trying to confirm if the gas was being transferred with them, saying that it was being processed. On the fourth call, a rep told me to contact the gas supplier to find out, as they said it was registered with another provider. I called the supplier, who told me that Sumo had not submitted the second form to transfer the account only for a special inspection. So yes, don't walk away. Run!

Gordon31
Gordon31AU10 posts
  Electricity

Great on customer service with a talk bit they are not walk the walk

Very unhappy with charges and billing. I was on a holiday for more than a month and have received bigger bill than previous month when I was average on consuming??? Next month the bill was almost a double more than ever including previous suppliers !!??
I have switched to another provider immediately and will not come back to them who are telling you one thing but doing another. Be careful people!
wayne johnson
wayne johnsonNortheast, VIC3 posts

gas concession inquiry

called up regarding conccession for gas supply which we wasnt getting over the winter period. the operator called Alex was very helpfull and fixed our problem and organised credit for our next bill. she was very polite and helpfull. it took about 5 minute phone call and every thing was good.
Robbett1
Robbett1Goulburn Valley, VIC
  Electricity

Have a new contract and cheaper

Really satisfied with the results yesterday. Lifted a whole lot off my shoulders. Thank you so much.
RAM
RAMGippsland, VIC

Excellent Customer Feedback

Called up about arranging a Gas Payment Plan. Got an excellent bloke called Harley. Recently new to the company on his P’s. As an ex member of the energy call centre environment who dealt with Pay plans for Hardship customers, Harley exhibited every trait of empathy, understanding and plenty of options working through each step at a time, ensuring everything was understandable and relatable to both my gas (primary reason for the call) and my electricity account. Very thorough job. Thank you.

Spokes
SpokesSydney Surrounds, NSW

Service

Great service very easy to call and talk to the guy
katrina
katrinaRichmond-Tweed, NSW2 posts

love this company

love using these guys.. just spoke to ash... great customer service...
Rob
RobGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC8 posts
  Gas

Conveniently cant access my meter after years of reading since I am transferring to another provider

Decided to change providers due to the extreme price rise, so to prolong the transfer, the meters readers after many years of accessing the same location, cannot get access. Maybe looking for an extra month of funds??????????????????
MING-JONG
MING-JONGSouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent customer service

I have rung many companies. Only this company can pick up the phone and respond immediately. And they can solve my problem right away.

Kobus v.
Kobus v.2 posts
  Electricity

Never read meter and unwilling to rectify account

Sumo has not once read our meter, the reading is out by almost 3000 KW/h.
They have refused to apply retrospectively seniors discount.
They have excessively increased their prices without proper due notification.
Due to them owing us money, have not been able to switch providers.
Tim
TimGippsland, VIC

Girl makes day!

I got in touch with accounts to change my billing details. The customer service I received was greatly appreciated. I have been in business for decades, so the efficiency and thoroughness with which the young lady helped me did not go unnoticed. It’s hard to quantify personally with a star system, so I think it best to simply say that she was lovely, and she made my day.
Thank you.
Tim.
Amy
AmySydney, NSW

Great customer service

I spoke to Chloe yesterday and she was so helpful to reduce my plan and make sure I had the best option for me. She went above and beyond to help me with my bill and payment options
Matt
MattMetropolitan Adelaide, SA
  Electricity

Still chasing refund of solar credits.... three months later

My first year with Sumo was great. Good prices and good feedin tarrif...... Then in July they decided to DOUBLE (yes 100% increase) all our charges. So we left immediately.
Currently they still owe us a significant amount of money as our bill was in credit from feedin credits.
After four phone calls I still have not received the money owed to me!
tim564984
tim564984Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts
  Verified Electricity

Great Rates

I called customer service to compare rates and they picked call in 1 minutes very happy to switched all my accounts to sumo as AGL was overcharging

Hope for good

Zeeman
ZeemanSydney, NSW5 posts

Tripled my rates

Thank you for privitaising the electricity market little Jonny & co and allowing these shonks to operate, scam my $$ and waste my time
Of all the accounts and bills I've paid in my life never have the rates tripled after the first year
INT P.
INT P.Sydney, NSW
  Electricity

Avoid these jokers at every cost unless you like over inflated estimated bills they demand you pay!

As the title suggests, this company between rates, rates changes, customer service and their lies of future bills being actual reads instead of estimates and then not allowing you to give them actual reads before they insist on payment.
Joined in May, disconnected in August.
Do your homework, once I did, I started to find previous fines due to misleading clients and thats how I felt from the start and it seems so do many others reading their reviews.

customer
customerSydney, NSW3 posts
Sam
SamSydney, NSW5 posts

Very poor services

I have been trying to transfer my gas to others for more than 2 month but still no luck. 1 staff tld me up to 4 months, 1 staff said few weeks & 1 staff within days. I was with them few years till they increased their price more than 30%+. So i decided to transfer to origin since 3rd July. before that mid june to Simply energy. No luck either...I been paying $50 extra per month for past 3 months... I want to get out but still delaying. Have lodged case with EWON(Ombudsman). still havent heard from Sumo. avoid this company.
Bella123
Bella123Sydney, NSW2 posts
jazz53127
jazz53127Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Onshore Customer Service

Sumo has customer support in melbourne which made me switch to sumo last year and so far best experience

Someone knocked on my business and offered great deal

Masudur Rahman A.
Masudur Rahman A.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

[Content Removed] price and service

They increased rte from 29c to 60c within a few weeks, didn’t give me time to transfer connection. Dont get cheated by these loosers
Hussain
Hussain4 posts
Unhappy Customer
Unhappy CustomerSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Electricity

SCAMMERS.. BE AWARE AND GO ELSE WHERE!!

After the price rise in July they put my bill up as high as they could. Letter said going up 30% but bills have doubled. I was looking for better deals i saw SUMO was offering a lower price than what they charge me. Why didn't they offer this deal to me? I can tell you there are at least half adozen better providers than SUMO. AND when i have government subsidy added my bill always gets estimated very high. I will not/ can not trust SUMO . Will be changing providers ASAP, and my bills will be half what I'm paying. Good bye SUMO.
Jen
JenSouth East Queensland, QLD20 posts
emily S.
emily S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cheapest company ever

I have switched To Sumo energy, last year and when prices increased this year everywhere I called Customer Service and they put me on cheaper plan and no I am more satisfied than ever
Paul S.
Paul S.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great customer service

I am posting this review on behalf of my dad, thank you very much for helping my dad with his account queries, you were both very professional & very helpful towards my dad. Thanks again for the excellent & prompt service to my dad's queries.

klubear
  Verified Electricity
Waqar
Waqar Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Your credit history Not Safe even if you are existing Customer

Don’t go with them even if you are existing customers and somehow you ignored any payment but still your further payments going smoothly they will give you a very big one and will accelerate your case to collections agencies and they will Give you more crap, in my case I have already resolved with sumo but they don’t care they don’t finish your case with collecting agencies your case still stay with them and you end up with bad credit history, weather you tell sumo and beg to finish your case with their partner or you call to collections agency they would screw you.
gherkin
gherkinSouth East Queensland, QLD8 posts

astronomical bill

ive been using sumo for just over a year. my usage is roughly $40-100 every 45 day bill every month cycle consistently. I moved out of my unit and get a final bill of $796 that's not a typo for a one bed one person -for 45 days. this does NOT even include hot water that's covered by altogether. Im shocked at this bill there is no way my usage could have gone up 16X its impossible.
jacqueline1456789
jacqueline1456789Gippsland, VIC

Good company so far

As all the companies increased rates in August. Sumo energy prices still competitive so far happy with their service and prices, using sumo from last 3 years
Sam
SamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good customer service

AGL increased prices double for electricity and sumo gave very good prices. Very satisfied with their prices and now joined with them for gas as well
Highly recommended
旭 张.
旭 张.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Worst company

I find this company by comparing prices, at the time of subscription the price is competitive. As soon as I subscribe, they raise price by 33%. And I found it almost take 30 days to transfer off them!
Sue
Sue7 posts
  Electricity

I was a customer of Sumo but not anymore

I was a customer of Sumo until they over doubled their rates in the recent price increase. I understand most others increased by 25/30% but not Sumo. I have gone with Origin now and much cheaper.
Thomas S.
Thomas S.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA7 posts
Mohan
Mohan

Esmin T.
Esmin T.South East Queensland, QLD

Not trustworthy company

I signed up with Sumo on 9/8 agreeing on some rates, feed in tariff, $50 fuel voucher and $50 credit on the first invoice. They sent me a welcome pack but when I looked carefully, the rates are all different from what I had signed up on 9/8. Talking to their call centre, it was explained because I have smart metering that they can't offer me a better rate. Even then, shouldn't someone call or email me to inform about this? Are they hoping no one would check on the higher rates that they sneakily slip into my plan? This is the first and last time I want to have anything to do with them.
Vfor V.
Vfor V.Sydney, NSW

HORRIBLE ! DONT SIGN PEOPLE ! SCAM ELECTRICITY COMPANY

My monthly home bill came $298 for a single living in studio with no washing machine/no cooking/no tv etc.
I am trying to reach the company since yesterday. I called multiple times, no answer. Last call was 4 hours , thanks to them I was waiting for 4 hours.
Today I am calling them for the first thing , still no answer. I check some reviews about SUMO in the mean time, horrible! Same problem with everyone!!! DONT RECOMMENDED THIS ELECTRICITY COMPANY!

Well done SUMOGG you got a life time enemy, I keep spreding how bad you are !!!!

They also like to delete true reviews to make sure no one sees the trurt, they can also block you right after you their facebook page doesnt appear for you.

TOO PITTY MOVE! YOU HIT THE ROCK THIS TIME :)

rayc10143 posts

Nowhere near competitive

A long time ago Sumo was competitive, but that's no longer the case.
While wholesale energy prices are finally decreasing, Sumo's prices remain uncompetitive. Its electricity rates are increasing, and at the same time solar feed-in rates are the lowest in the land.
That's not a formula for making and keeping customers. There are many, many better options available.
(Oh, and I have now been waiting on the phone for more than an hour listening to Sumo advertising...I think their guinea pig is dead)
Mick Huynh
Mick HuynhGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
  Verified Gas

Very expensive gas bill from sumo

if compare with other energy like AGL, Energy Australia , origin, etc... I compare rates form them, the sumo bills I have to pay will over $100. That is really overcharge..

NEW SERVICEFind the right energy provider

Compare, switch and save all in one place

Start Now