Electricity, Gas
See the Best Household Utilities in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Sumo

• Rates and Fees
Carlos
CarlosGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Gas bill

Can you please improve your gas bill as it is confusing and hard to understand. My current bill is for Non Winter and Winter, the confusion is in the First 100 MJ; 100 to 200Mj and so on.

ServicesGas
Adele
AdeleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Mixed experience

Kerry A.
Kerry A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sumo systems malfunction

I have had two gas and two electricity accounts and am now down to one gas and one electricity account. I am seriously considering abandoning. They are always sending payment text messages when you've paid already and then automated phone calls when you have paid already. Doubting yourself, you call up to queue and then be handled by someone who just says you're all paid up and just ignore it. In 4 days, I had 3 text messages and one call. I've called them twice to confirm. I do not understand how they can continue to send messages to paid up customers. Very bad for loyalty and brand image.

Christine P.Canberra 2600, ACT

Invoicing System

Rates and Fees

Simple process

very good, gas and electricity, 20 mins.

no dropouts nothing else to say, i'm happy. that's all that counts, is it not.

I still to locate into my new address so I cannot complement or otherwise as yet.

Cost of Electricity

Invoices weren't being received. Discount for direct debiting and paying on time doesn't seem very competitive. Ability to check your invoices online is not offered unless you pay via internet. This should be offered to direct debit customers too.

simon
simonGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good Service, but no Portal

Had Sumo Electricity and Gas connected after reviewing bills with existing supplier. Ended up savings about 10% across bills, which is a good outcome. Main negative is they don't have an online portal to manage you account like other providers, so everything required a phone call during their hours of operation.

Sumo Service SpecialistSumo

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
comedian
comedianBrookville

special request

Sumo power, which I am disappointed to say has increased in cost...but today I called as I had a request to place my wife''s name on to my account for future billing, and an operator Greg was pleasant and most helpful, thank you.

Sumo Service SpecialistSumo

Alternatively, email social@sumo.com.au with your details and I can arrange a call back when it suits you. Ta!

very confusing bill needs to be sorted next time.

very very confusing bill, needs to be sorted for next account as we have two accounts that are paid with seperate public trust funds. we will need to change suppliers if this continues.

Update Card Details

As always the cost of power is far to high , but i must say that in all the time i have been with Sumo i have only experienced cuts in power for seconds and then it has been back on again ,and only eirly mornings 4am
when everyone has been in bed so with all my Solar , gas and electricity communications everyone has been very helpful, given me better service help wise than i expected and will recommend Sumo when discussing the topics of Gas Electricity and Solar which i also recently had instaled

I am a new client.

Electric power installed has been fine with no drop outs so far. I am not sure about the set up time but I had power when I needed it. I am sure it is reliable. The phone calls I have needed to make to Sumo have been pleasant and settled issues right away but my billing has been difficult. I am not sure why Was charged the 40 dollars and some cents extra and would appreciate a breakdown. It may have been because I was not sure about the need to pay by the due date at first and incurred a fine. I would appreciate an update on this matter. It may also have been a month that was estimated.

Lunafae
LunafaeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I would stay, but after dealing with the cancellation team i wont.

Kiwi B
Kiwi BCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Very Slow Transfer - still waiting

Amit
AmitGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Regarding the reminders of electricity bill being sent on email not being received

Today I got a phone call from the collection team regarding the bill over due which had been resolved with other consultant, when I explained her she said she cannot see my details on the system
Later she reminded me for gas bill which is due on the 14th May
Collection team need to do their homework before calling customer also we provide al our details like DOB etc

Sumo Service SpecialistSumo

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to provide feedback in relation to the collections process. I have passed this information onto our credit team. If there is anything more we can do to help, please let us know. Kind regards, Tess @ Sumo.

Shazz56
Shazz56Sydney, NSW

Great customer service.

Changed to Sumo electricity and found customer service very friendly and helpful. Only fault I have is never receiving price package when I first signed up. Zack very helpful today.

Christine P.asked
Energy

Do sumo energy give pensioner discount

Tracey Burr
Tracey Burr

Christine P.

Thank you Tracey, is there a link or form to fill out on line to apply for this discount

Malcolm S.
Malcolm S.asked
Energy

Why do Sumo completley stuff of payments from my bank that has been advised the correct details every month for the last three months, last month when going through this with a SUMO representative by phone where the company took money from an account that I had closed and when transfering Gas and Electricity accounts and payment details when we moved to the current address on the 18th December 2020 and auto deductions from our correct Bank account were just ignored and for one month they got it correct, from then on all I got was messages from SUMO that my Old Bank (had refused payments while sufficient funds were available and still are available in the Correct Bank Account that was advised at the time of Transfer) but NO the BLOCKHEADS at SUMO responsible for accounting could not get it right, even last month upon responding to your accounts I thing was explained once again about the Automatic Deductions for the current GAS account were to come from and that happened for the GAS account and requested that the person I was talking to at SUMO ensured that the Electrical Bills would be deducted from the correct account (not a new account, and she guaranteed that she had made this adjustment I am not sure if just sent an Wmail somewhere) but once again he we go again threats to cut my Power Off when you have not even sent a current Electric account just a text message saying you have been trying to contact me all week ( I don't Know how or where they were trying, but did manage to send me a tect to the Mobile Number I have had for 2 and Half years, and there were no missed call s logged on my only phone service) So once again its just the same old Track record for SUMO stuffing the auto Payments that were agreed with in December 2020 and you can keep trying to recover payments from an account I no longer use for any payments and will not ever put any money into when Dumb people like SUMO and other Auto Payment Companies get it right. Why are we consistently being ignored by DUMB WOKE people who think they can just ignore details of a payment transfer system, fortunatley the are enough efficient companies that can follow simple instructions from their clients, but unfortunatley SUMO does not fit into that catagory of efficient and capable organisations. I am not bothering to chase you back monthly to sort your mistages out, but you don't me to change retailers call me, I am finished calling you and if you cut me off without warning I will take the appropriate action against you with the maximum publicity I can arrange.
Account Number 1218230 Malcolm Sproule Phone 0421894100
Please sort this our within 24 Hours or I will just transfer to a new Retailer as no one could be worse than SUMO

Kazuko n.
Kazuko n.asked
Energy

Can I use Sumo for only Gas payment ?

Get an answer from our members and Sumo representatives

Compare both Sumo Energy
Sumo Gas

Sumo Gas

4.2
CategoryHousehold Utilities and Energy ProvidersHousehold Utilities and Energy Providers
Services ProvidedElectricityGas