Electricity, Gas
See the Best Household Utilities in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Sumo

• Rates and Fees
Raf
RafGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Thomas, thank you for your such a great and professional service

Mel
Mel

Excellent customer service

From switching over to Sumo to disconnecting the customer service has always been 5 stars. Their understanding and patience due to needing a payment plan was nice, and didn’t make you feel any worse. Their quick and efficient disconnection process was a pleasant experience without pulling out all the stops to try and get you to stay with the company.

leoniejb
leoniejb

SUMO is the BEST for Customer Service & rates.

I had a credit of $326.63 which was not a problem however it pointed to the fact that my estimates were out, so Brad looked into it - did the calculations over the 9 months I had been living in the property and saw that there was a real case to take to the Billing Team.
He did it immediately and now my monthly estimates will reflect the true KW hours rather than over estimating and being credited at the meter read. Brad is fast, efficient, SO knowledgable on the product and all aspects of billing that I highly recommend him to speak with when you call SUMO.
Thank you Brad for your cheerful, friendly and accurate advice - you are a credit to Sumo! And thank you to SUMO for the excellent Customer Service training!!

Rockpools
RockpoolsSydney, NSW

Just signed up - simple rates

Switched gas and electricity. Easy to make the phone call and the sales person was very helpful with explaining the rates and the next steps. Much better rates than my previous provider. Really wish I’d done this sooner.

Find out how Sumo Energy compares to other Household Utilities

Great service and bonus offered when you pay on time.

Electricity installed on the day and time agreed. No issues with power at anytime while I was in the house.
Monthly account emailed directly to me, with a full outline of the costs, the early payment reduction and the full amount owed.
When I called to disconnect as we have sold the house, this was also done efficiently with the process clearly explained.
Great to support an Australian company.
Many thanks to all of the team at SUMO

Tracey BurrGippsland, VIC

Excellent Customer Service Officer

The young lady I spoke with today, was so helpful, and friendly. was an amazing call, Thank you Morgan. Helpful honest and checked with a manager if she didn't know if she could help me

William
WilliamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Happy with the outcome

We did a comparison with another provider and found Sumo staff were helpful courteous and had a completive price. They found I was not getting the seniors discount and backdated the credit

Top Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
top-internet-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Kazz
KazzGippsland, VIC

Great service and follow up

I had issues about my bill then I received a call to help me sort it out with a new plan I was very impressed with the follow up care the girl I spoke to was amazing can’t remember her name a big thank you

ServicesElectricity

Great Customer Service

I contacted them today to discuss my rates in my welcome pack and they put me through to their loyalty team. Josh was very understanding and addressed my issue promptly and professionally. He was going to arrange for my rates to be corrected as per my phone call with their service centre last week. Its great to speak to someone who is based in Australia. I would definitely recommend Sumo for both Gas and Power.

Fantastic customer service HELPED ME WITH ISSUES WITH ORGIN

huddo
huddoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Amazing customer service

Rang up for a quote and was so impressed with Joe and rate was good as well that I signed up. If other customer service is half as good as Joe I will be stoked.

Elizabeth
ElizabethGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Account confusion

My account became out of kilter because I'd paid it twice. The telephone staff member was polite and fantastically helpful and clear. She explained the problem for me and resolved it immediately.

ServicesElectricity

Thank youGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Cant live without it !

For several years Sumo have been my preferred providers for gas and electricity.I highly recommended the company as as their staff are very knowledgeable and professional in their approach to you as a client .

P Kereti
P KeretiGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Absolutely amazing & Efficient

Set up quick
Power reliable
No drop outs
Customer Service team also efficient, effective and friendly
Very knowledgeable, administrative and attentive. Thank you for continuing to provide promising services and awesome experience. Keep it up.

Denise K.
Denise K.South East Queensland, QLD

I'm very happy with Sumo and their charges to date. Keep up the good work. Your telephone staff were fantastic.

I had a problem with my current electricity bill, telephone staff was fantastic..Explained how the billing system works ( I have an old Meter box) it gets read every 3 months. All sorted and I came away a winner.

Christine P.asked
Energy

Do sumo energy give pensioner discount

Christine P.

Thank you Tracey, is there a link or form to fill out on line to apply for this discount

Malcolm S.
Malcolm S.asked
Energy

Why do Sumo completley stuff of payments from my bank that has been advised the correct details every month for the last three months, last month when going through this with a SUMO representative by phone where the company took money from an account that I had closed and when transfering Gas and Electricity accounts and payment details when we moved to the current address on the 18th December 2020 and auto deductions from our correct Bank account were just ignored and for one month they got it correct, from then on all I got was messages from SUMO that my Old Bank (had refused payments while sufficient funds were available and still are available in the Correct Bank Account that was advised at the time of Transfer) but NO the BLOCKHEADS at SUMO responsible for accounting could not get it right, even last month upon responding to your accounts I thing was explained once again about the Automatic Deductions for the current GAS account were to come from and that happened for the GAS account and requested that the person I was talking to at SUMO ensured that the Electrical Bills would be deducted from the correct account (not a new account, and she guaranteed that she had made this adjustment I am not sure if just sent an Wmail somewhere) but once again he we go again threats to cut my Power Off when you have not even sent a current Electric account just a text message saying you have been trying to contact me all week ( I don't Know how or where they were trying, but did manage to send me a tect to the Mobile Number I have had for 2 and Half years, and there were no missed call s logged on my only phone service) So once again its just the same old Track record for SUMO stuffing the auto Payments that were agreed with in December 2020 and you can keep trying to recover payments from an account I no longer use for any payments and will not ever put any money into when Dumb people like SUMO and other Auto Payment Companies get it right. Why are we consistently being ignored by DUMB WOKE people who think they can just ignore details of a payment transfer system, fortunatley the are enough efficient companies that can follow simple instructions from their clients, but unfortunatley SUMO does not fit into that catagory of efficient and capable organisations. I am not bothering to chase you back monthly to sort your mistages out, but you don't me to change retailers call me, I am finished calling you and if you cut me off without warning I will take the appropriate action against you with the maximum publicity I can arrange.
Account Number 1218230 Malcolm Sproule Phone 0421894100
Please sort this our within 24 Hours or I will just transfer to a new Retailer as no one could be worse than SUMO

Kazuko n.
Kazuko n.asked
Energy

Can I use Sumo for only Gas payment ?

Get an answer from our members and Sumo representatives

Compare both Sumo Energy
Sumo Gas

Sumo Gas

4.2
CategoryHousehold Utilities and Energy ProvidersHousehold Utilities and Energy Providers
Services ProvidedElectricityGas