Sunbank Solar Batteries

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (1) · No (124)
  • Purchase Price$7,501.26
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

Joe E.

Joe E.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Payback is too high to consider their product

Paul

PaulSydney, NSW

Great product and service

Smooth process all the way through. Everyone I dealt with was friendly. The product works well. Can monitor power via a phone app (energy to/from panels, battery, grid). Happy with the result.

No Communication, Battery not working

Jayden

JaydenSouth East Queensland, QLD

5.8KW Hive Battery - After spending over $9,000 on the battery my power bill doubled and I never got over 6c per kWh in the last bill.
I was previously with Alinta energy my previous bill was about $150 my new bill was over $300 with SunBank & members energy.
How easy was the panel installation process? The install process was smooth enough but the investment out come was vastly different to what I was told by the sales team.
Have you had any issues with this company? If so, how well were they dealt with by the company? I have now contacted Sunbank Solar who say it's an issue for Members Energy. Members Energy say that the sale price of electricity never got above 6c.

Mick H

Mick H

Waiting for Returns on my Investment

Install went ahead fast and efficiently. Not seeing the results I expected as yet. Only just getting 50% saving so it may take a long time to pay back. The information and follow up service has been very good so far.

Kevin T.

Kevin T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Customer service could use some improvement

I decided not to proceed with installation but it was very hard to get in touch with them to get my refund as their customer 'service' representatives can only relay messages to their 'specialists' to have them call me back.

Service of solar system.

I requested a service of my solar system because I thought it may not have been working properly due to my still large electricity bills. I would like to know if anything was found to be wrong as nothing was said about any faults on the day of service. Apart from this lack of feedback everything else was fine.

Dayle

DayleCentral West, NSW

Early days yet, hoping it surpasses our expectations.

The installation process was efficiently carried out. The company have been amazing so far, explaining each step of the process in detail. All I need to know now is how to track our usage online.

Rhonda and Andrew

Rhonda and AndrewSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Great installation, but service not too great

Had a Hive battery installed last year. The guys that installed it were great very efficient no fuss.
Unfortunately on Good Friday after a power outage, the system went into fault mode. I left a message on the 1300282930 number and also sent an email via the contact us on the webpage.
After having no reply I rang on the following Friday, and after explaining the alarms etc, was told that it looks like an internal circuit breaker has tripped, and it could take up to 6 weeks to get someone out to check........really!!!
Still waiting........

Guy showed up today - all now working. Only took him 15 minutes at the most.
But still no communication............we didn't even know he was going to show up. I wish we knew what he did, just to save the waste of time and energy ..............

Find out how Sunbank Solar Batteries compares to other Solar Panel Installers

I’m happy watching the dial go up through the day. Showing me the electric going in to the grid

Very easy and the guys where very nice and explained anything I wanted to know with a happy outlook . They where very effective snd cleaned up before leaving I would recommend the 2 boys to anyone

Job Satisfaction

Murray and Susanne

Murray and SusannePerth, WA

Excellent result

The installation was smooth and faster than expected. Nothing but praise for the installer and company, left the worksite clean and tidy. Very pleased with the result. Would highly recommend.

Customer ServiceSunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Murray and Susanne, thanks for your feedback! It's great to hear about your experience with us so far. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future, please feel free to get in touch with us and let us know.

bad start. good now.

At the time of installation i was upset that the system did not work and i had lost an up and running system for something that was just costing me money. eventually, many days later, someone came and cleared the fault, and since then the system has worked well. nice to have so many calls to check how things are going now.

Anthony

AnthonyCentral West, NSW

Good communications all round and competent polite installation crew.

I only had my battery replaced/upgraded. It all went smoothly with a good result. My experience with the various departments has been good, and I have been kept informed of progress. All commitments have been met. The live monitoring of the system performance is great.

Brewster

BrewsterBrisbane

Sunbank solar battery experience

The installation went exactly as was prescribed. The installer was very friendly and respectful. Have had no issues with anything and battery is working as told it should. Looking forward to my new bill

Bazza

BazzaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Service and support is perfect. Couldn’t live without knowing Sunbank is actively monitoring my system

Communication, reports and active monitoring of my system with immediate action to overcome/repair a system problem is highly commendable. Service personnel were extremely respectful, communicative and professional in addressing and repairing my solar system to full operating capacity

System Size5.2 KW

Fay Brampton

Fay BramptonIllawarra, NSW

Looking forward to great results

I was very happy with the installation The only problem I had was the large box which the battery was in was left with all the rubbish for me to dispose of which wasn’t easy. I haven’t had it long enough to see results.

Zhe

ZheSydney, NSW

Put down deposit decided not to buy, cheaper elsewhere and still waiting for my refund 2 weeks later.

Roger Rickerby

Roger RickerbySouth West, WA

Did the sums and 5 years to have it pay for itself... Why not

The guys installing were great, even siliconed a few cracked tiles while they were on the roof.... Did they crack them... Who knows but Atleast they asked for silicone. The battery is working great, be surprised if I get a bill this time round.

Rachey

RacheyMelbourne

Spam letter

I received a letter addressed “to the home owner” offering a “subsidised solar battery” if I participate in “ground-breaking energy plan”. This sounded like a [Word Removed] and 3 minutes of research revealed it is in fact [Word Removed] marketing and there is no discount. Not impressed.

Beverley

BeverleyIllawarra, NSW

A job well done, with no hassle,

A job done as promised, with no hassle, everything went to plan, when I have sent a message to clear things up, have had a phone call back quickly or an email. Good company.