Sunbank Solar Batteries

• Warranty Claim MadeYes · No (94)
  • Purchase PriceA$7,439.79
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

David Miln

David MilnPerth, WA

Keeping costs down and environmentally sound

Prior to my Installation I enquired with other installers and was told my system of Solar Panels was too old to use Batteries. This was not the case. My battery was installed successfully and with no disruption with day to day living one week ahead of the original installation date.

System Size5.1 KW
Panel PurchasedTrue Value Solar (Growatt)
Purchase PriceA$7,880.00

Love my new batteries

I added a new battery system to my existing solar system. It was so easy. Just took a phone call and everything was handled for me. The installers were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble for them. When they left everything was cleaned up. I was surprised when a month later they came back to install an upgrade. Great experience with SunBank Solar.

Robert W G

Robert W GMid North Coast, NSW

Quote for empowering homes program

Requested a quote for the empowering homes program to access subsidy and got a quote for the 'pilot program with great discount' (Which was actually no discount at all) from a very pushy sales person and no mention of the empowering homes program. Again common story of wanting a deposit immediately. I've brought this behaviour to the attention of the Empowering homes NSW program. Very disappointed that any company still thinks these behaviours are acceptable especially when they are in the very limited list of authorised suppliers.

Find out how Sunbank Solar Batteries compares to other Solar Retailers

Battery installation very professional without a sales push

The battery installation process was very professional. Sun bank Solar were very honest and were very experienced about the products that they were selling and installing.

E Needham

E NeedhamSouth West, WA

Sunbank Battery Installation

My experience with Sunbank is limited to the battery installation only as I already had solar PV panels installed.
The pre install was very smooth and I was kept informed at all stages of the process including the install date.
The battery installation team arrived on time and carried out a very professional job. The team members (two) were friendly and helpful with any questions I asked them.

Purchase PriceA$8,274.00

Review collected in partnership with Sunbank Solar Batteries

Batteries installed with exceptional service

The battery installation was easy.
No issues with the installation, the technicians were very friendly, kept a safe distance and did the job without any mess left behind.
Really a pleasure to have them on-site.

Ash

Ash

Battery installation and set up seamless

The installer was courteous and helpful. The job was completed in the allotted time. The battery monitoring was quickly achieved through the online portal, and this provided excellent real-time data on energy usage and generation.

System Size5 KW
Purchase PriceA$8,000.00
Damien M.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Ash, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. It is great to hear that everything ran seamless and one time.

Mark Brown

Mark BrownSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sunbank delivered as they promised. They advised a date for installation and was done on that date. The installer was professional and easy to deal with. A friend had used Sunbank and that is why we went with them.

Don

DonSydney, NSW

Pushy Sales person

I received a letter explaining the offer.
Rang the company and after 30 to 40 minutes they were offering an Everready battery for $8000. The salesperson Tracy explained to me over the phone.
Having being burnt before I requested the offer to be sent by email.
They wanted the $500 deposit which I wasn’t going to do without doing some research.
To date no email.
Be very careful- Caveat emptor.

System Size7 KW

Seamless

Installation was done on time. All schedules were met.
Company informed of all steps throughout the whole process and answered my queries immediately.

System Size2.9 KW
Purchase PriceA$7,000.00
Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Louis, thanks for your feedback! It's great to here about your experience with us so far. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future, please feel free to get in touch with us and let us know.

Nyemo

NyemoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Overpriced with zero actual customer care

A new experience

In the beginning i found that the number given for Sunbank was never answered.
You could leave a message and there would not be any response.
Once Katherine made contact with me everything has been excellent also Isobel.The process once in train was fine.
I had a gentleman come out and decide where the battery was to be placed and by then i also had a date for the installation.
The installer came out and the battery was installed.
Once Katherine made contact the process became seamless.
I am enjoying having the graph that i can check my usage and the battery storage

System Size2.9 KW
Purchase PriceA$6,680.00
Mac

That there is a response to the number you quote for contact.

Sam S.

Sam S.Sydney, NSW

Beware of pushy sales tactics

Gina

Gina

Brilliant

Installation was very quick and the installers where very friendly, pleasant and clean.
I haven't had any issues so far and hope it stays that way.

Purchase PriceA$9,325.20

Hi Gina,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback, it's great to hear about your positive experience with us. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Philip LongSouthwest, VIC

A welcomed addition to our solar panels

The battery panel and additional fittings were installed in a morning by Sunbank Solar Batteries. The contractor was very professional explaining how the battery system would work and also removed any boxes/ refuse left over from the installation. There have been no issues dealing with Sunbank. They notified Powercore who service the power lines. They notified our current supplier indicating we were transferring our power supplier.

System Size5 KW
Panel PurchasedEveready
Purchase PriceA$8,300.00
Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Philip, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Jamie Sara

Jamie SaraPerth, WA

Everyready battery 5.1kw

Installation of the battery to my existing solar system was done with minimal fuss. Install was very tidy and I am happy with the results so far, as my electricity bill has already dropped, even though I haven't had a full bill cycle as yet. Look forward to seeing the next bill, which I expect will be zero.
App is great if you have an iphone can't wait for the android app to come out.

Panel PurchasedNil - exisiting solar system, battery only

money saving

I got a solar battery fitted ,the guys were great,and the app for the battery is fantastic to help maximise solar power

Garry Millar

Garry MillarPerth, WA

Electricity all done by the sun and battery

It’s has been fantastic from the people in the office to the guys who done the install. Thank you one and all I am very impressed with this company job well done

System Size6 KW
Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Garry, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. It's great to hear about your positive experience with us, if there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Alexey

Alexey

Pushy sales tactics with unclear outcome

Sjef Van Der Valk

Sjef Van Der ValkHunter Region, NSW

What a pleasant experience!!

Don't you just hate it when the Tradie's turn up on time, are friendly and engaging and aren't affraid to answer questions. And then they have the nerve to do a super neat job and clean up after themselves. In all seriousness (B&J) my two electricians/installers, went above and beyond the call of duty, they spoke too me at length to discuss how and where I would prefer the battery and associated equipment mounted. I could rabbit on all day how my expectations were exceeded and how the boys took their time and never complained even though it was a pretty hot day!!!

Wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend them!!

System Size14 KW
Panel PurchasedTesla Powerwall ll
Purchase PriceA$12,250.00
Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Sjef, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It's great to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations! If there is anything you need in the future please feel free to contact us.

See all Sunbank Solar Batteries reviews

Sophia Kotsapasasked

Hi why is the “com “ light on my battery flashing?? I keep trying to call sun bank but no one is calling me back

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Sophia, thank you for your question. I would be more than happy to follow this up immediately for you. I have sent you a message to obtain the order number from your purchase with us so that I can find your customer file and let our technical resolutions team know about your case. In the meantime, please feel free to contact us at hello(at)mysunbank.com.au any time.

Sophia Kotsapas

Where do I find my order number?

Brenda Martinasked

What if my meter boxes already inside my licked gate and the new battery is put next to it
Can I get a message before authorised people come to check it

Philip Long

Firstly they have to notify you if they wish to enter your property and secondly they monitor the battery condition performance remotely so they should not have to enter your property unless there is a problem.

Brenda Martin

Thankyou I was reading the conditions part of the paperwork

mickwillasked

I would like to hear from anyone who has battery installed by Sunbank and is part of of a VPP plan. I am particularly interested as to what savings they are earning and what their payback period is.
I have installed A$9000 battery but cant get any help or info out of Sunbank, Members Energy or Energy Locals.
Mick Williams

Philip Long

Mick, My name is Phil Long and we have recently fitted an Eveready battery pack (5kw )to our solar system( It has 20 panels - 6kw system ). We have only just switched over to Members Energy and as yet have to receive an account from them. Our last account from Red Energy for the last three months was reduced by approximately $58.00 as the battery system was only operational for the last month. There are only two adults living at our residence and most days our battery is 95 to 100% full by evening and still has 4 to 8% capacity by next sunrise so our house is not drawing power off the grid thereby saving us money during the night. Daytime the system is set up to run off the solar generation. Reading our Red Energy bill from 26th July to 24th October 2020 we were credited with 1125kw at $0.102/kw giving us $114.75 credit. Usage off the grid amounted to 392kw at $0.28459 giving us a cost of $111.56. Our battery pack has only been operational since the beginning of mid October and we will not receive a Members Energy Account until January which will reflect our savings by employing a battery pack in conjunction with our solar panels. That $58 saving mentioned above is only an estimate. Members Energy returns have been estimated to be from $0.17 to $0.24 / kw depending on when they take power from our system be it from the battery or direct from the solar system as they said the higher returns are in peak load periods but they stated that they would not flatten the battery and always leave 5 to 10% capacity. Hope this information is what you are looking for, Phil Long.

Hello Phil,
Thanks for taking the time to answer in such detail, it has really helped me.

Your situation is much the same as mine. Your figures match mine almost exactly.

The problem I had was in getting some idea of what return I'd get from the VPP scheme

Just this morning I rang Sunbank and had a long, fruitful discussion with Ian Sinson.
He gave me some much needed info on the buyback frequency and earnings. The real important NEWS was that the buyback of the excess energy from my system comes from BOTH the battery and whats being recorded from my panels by the smartmeter at 30 mins intervals, I was originally informed in writing that this would be from the battery ONLY.

I'll let you know how I get on after getting my first account.

Thanks again