2Sunbank Solar Batteries

76% · 18546 · 19%

Tina
Tina Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Add on costs

I’m happy with the job . Happier if I didn’t have to pay an extra $200 installation fee for an extra few metres of cable. They didn’t need to enter my roof space as was told .  Show details ·  1

Ian
IanSouth West, WA

Eveready Solar Battery

I have a 15.3KW setup battery by Eveready. The first battery did not work and they replaced it with a new one and is working very well. In mid winter the battery is getting 100% charge befor the sun gose down and I use around 45/50% of it at night. So far I love the battery and cheap got the lot for $15K. Customer service is crap. They do not answer their emails or the phone. My app does not work and I can not get hold of them to fix it.
I have been in touch with Eveready and have resolved all issues favourably and I am very happy with the Eveready battery. They are very good value for the money. Show details
Sunbank Solar Batteries   DM

Hi Ian, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! I'm glad we were able to assist you with your queries. Please let us know if we can assist you in the future.

Ian
IanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waiting on deposit return

Had a slick salesperson call me and said advantages of solar batteries so asked if they had the ten days cooling off period if I changed my mind and informed me yes so paid deposit. Next morning decided system was not for me so cancelled. Since then {over 5 weeks ago} after several phone calls and emails still have not been given deposit back. Running out of patience may have to use other avenues.

Update! Thanks to Product Review Sunbank contacted me immediately and had my deposit returned within a week and also finally sent me an info package. Thankyou Monique for your quick response.
Increased my rating of them from terrible to good once Monique got involved and sorted things out.  Show details

Sunbank Solar Batteries   DM

Hi Ian, thanks so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback! I'm glad that I was able to assist you. Please do not hesitate to reach out if you need any further assistance!

Jeffery Mark
Jeffery Mark4 posts

Professional and friendly

The service I received from Solar Bank was not only fast, but the team was very professional and friendly. They even took the time to follow up the call in case I needed to ask any questions.
Within a week the installers installed the battery and once again the contact was very professional and friendly. The install was quick and only took about 45 min all up. Show details ·  1
PETER BURNARD
PETER BURNARDHunter Region, NSW
  Fair Incentive

Worst product and customer service ever - over promised and under delivered to the extreme

After being sold a system in February which was presented as being an improvement on our current SOLAR system we have had nothing but trouble. Our old system worked perfectly, this one the Eveready Vault has not worked properly since the day it was put in and they took away our old system which we wish we had back! After many many phone calls and emails we are still waiting on a solution. So far it has been one failed promise after another. I would never willingly do business with this company again. I am now in the process of contacting Dept of Fair Trade and my local parliamentarian as no company should be allowed to operate as unfairly as this one has. Show details

Dallas
DallasSouth East Queensland, QLD

The app is my favourite thing, monitoring my system is key to saving

I don't believe i have been running the new setup for long enough to have factually accurate comments. My experience so far has been really positive to saving on how much power I consume off the grid. One thing I would change is getting a bigger battery then you would think you will need.  Show details ·  1
Lawrence Coad
Lawrence CoadPerth, WA

Great Job Good Product

The Installers were the same guys I had for the first battery install. They were good then and just the same this time. Very professional and efficient and very easy to deal with and no problems if there were any questions. great job guys  Show details ·  1
Elon
Elon3 posts

Deposit not returned

Hard sell by [Name Removed] to place deposit for solar battery, told would be returned promptly if I didn't proceed. Next day I realised figures for battery was not worth it, asked for deposit several times, still waiting 3 weeks later  Show details
George
George6 posts

So far, so good

Installers arrived on time. Very efficient when installing the battery and informative on what was happening. I find the app user friendly and gives me the relevant information I want. Show details ·  1

Lyndsay S.
Lyndsay S.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

great work

Installers were very courteous an efficient and the work was completed without any issues. The battery is working very well. The app provides a great insight into our power usage. Show details ·  1
Brian Watson
Brian WatsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Re follow up ph call

Thank you for the follow-up phone call
It's good knowing you follow up and find out where and how you can help and improve if any issues. Keep up the good work  Show reply
Nicholas
Nicholas3 posts
  Fair Incentive Verified

its great

we have had no issues with the company or the panel or batterie at this stage
happy with the installation processes. What else can I say it was a good job  Show details ·  1
BullFighter
BullFighterGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts

Bad

The girl on the phone sounded genuine and knowledgeable, although it was obvious that she was reading from a script which was carefully crafted to make potential customers feel that they're being offered a once-in-a-lifetime deal and to get in quick before you miss out. Constantly kept repeating how 'slots were filling fast' and 'limited availability in your area'. When it came to the crunch, it turned out to be a cost of $9000 (deposit required) or 'easy finance' at 6.7 %. Like I said; their [Potentially Defamatory Material Removed]. Show details
Souphead
SoupheadGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC16 posts

If its to good to be true it is

I'll begin by saying I am not a Customer an not likely to be. Received unsolicited mail about joining some sort of pilot program in my area from Sunbank solar batteries, sprooking some ridiculous figures and addressed to me by name. Pilot program really, more like a attempt to sell me something. if they were upfront i would have looked at it, but as it stands now i shredded it, and after reading some of the reviews I'm glad i did. There really should be a law preventing this sort of advertising.
Sal
SalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC14 posts
Sunbank Solar Batteries   DM

Hi Sal, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are glad to hear that your refund has cleared. If you have any more questions please do not hesitate to get in touch with us on 1300 28 29 30.

Ljubo
LjuboGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

Joce T
Joce TCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC5 posts

Joe E.
Joe E.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Payback is too high to consider their product

Based on my assessment, I am not convinced I should buy their product yet.

I conclude the payback is 13 years or more.

Here is my rationale:
I receive a quote for 5.1 kWh batteries for $8400.

Assuming I discharge the batteries every day, I would save 5.1 kWh x 0.35 $/kWh x 365 = $651 $ per year.
The payback is then $8400 / $651 = 12.9 years*

*Considering my energy supplier is selling electricity a 0.35$/kwh and making a profit, I don't understand how I can expect to sell my electricity to the grid above their selling price. Consequently, as an average, I doubt I would save 0.35$/kwh or more, and the payback should probably be more than 13 years.

Maybe I am missing something here? Show details

Paul
PaulSydney, NSW

Great product and service

Smooth process all the way through. Everyone I dealt with was friendly. The product works well. Can monitor power via a phone app (energy to/from panels, battery, grid). Happy with the result. Show details ·  1
Craig
Craig8 posts

Jayden
JaydenSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

5.8KW Hive Battery - After spending over $9,000 on the battery my power bill doubled and I never got over 6c per kWh in the last bill.
I was previously with Alinta energy my previous bill was about $150 my new bill was over $300 with SunBank & members energy.
How easy was the panel installation process? The install process was smooth enough but the investment out come was vastly different to what I was told by the sales team.
Have you had any issues with this company? If so, how well were they dealt with by the company? I have now contacted Sunbank Solar who say it's an issue for Members Energy. Members Energy say that the sale price of electricity never got above 6c.  Show details
Mick H
Mick H2 posts

Waiting for Returns on my Investment

Install went ahead fast and efficiently. Not seeing the results I expected as yet. Only just getting 50% saving so it may take a long time to pay back. The information and follow up service has been very good so far.  Show details ·  1
Kevin T.
Kevin T.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC2 posts

Customer service could use some improvement

I decided not to proceed with installation but it was very hard to get in touch with them to get my refund as their customer 'service' representatives can only relay messages to their 'specialists' to have them call me back. Show details
Heather
Heather2 posts

Service of solar system

I requested a service of my solar system because I thought it may not have been working properly due to my still large electricity bills. I would like to know if anything was found to be wrong as nothing was said about any faults on the day of service. Apart from this lack of feedback everything else was fine. Show details
Dayle
DayleCentral West, NSW

Early days yet, hoping it surpasses our expectations

The installation process was efficiently carried out. The company have been amazing so far, explaining each step of the process in detail. All I need to know now is how to track our usage online. Show details ·  1
Rhonda and Andrew
Rhonda and AndrewSouth-Eastern Region, NSW2 posts

Great installation, but service not too great

Had a Hive battery installed last year. The guys that installed it were great very efficient no fuss.
Unfortunately on Good Friday after a power outage, the system went into fault mode. I left a message on the 1300282930 number and also sent an email via the contact us on the webpage.
After having no reply I rang on the following Friday, and after explaining the alarms etc, was told that it looks like an internal circuit breaker has tripped, and it could take up to 6 weeks to get someone out to check........really!!!
Still waiting........ Show details ·  2

Patricia
Patricia

I’m happy watching the dial go up through the day. Showing me the electric going in to the grid

Very easy and the guys where very nice and explained anything I wanted to know with a happy outlook . They where very effective snd cleaned up before leaving I would recommend the 2 boys to anyone  Show details ·  1
Murray and Susanne
Murray and SusannePerth, WA2 posts

Excellent result

The installation was smooth and faster than expected. Nothing but praise for the installer and company, left the worksite clean and tidy. Very pleased with the result. Would highly recommend. Show details ·  1
John H.
John H.

bad start. good now

At the time of installation i was upset that the system did not work and i had lost an up and running system for something that was just costing me money. eventually, many days later, someone came and cleared the fault, and since then the system has worked well. nice to have so many calls to check how things are going now. Show details
AnthonyCentral West, NSW

Good communications all round and competent polite installation crew

I only had my battery replaced/upgraded. It all went smoothly with a good result. My experience with the various departments has been good, and I have been kept informed of progress. All commitments have been met. The live monitoring of the system performance is great.  Show details
Brewster
BrewsterBrisbane3 posts

Sunbank solar battery experience

The installation went exactly as was prescribed. The installer was very friendly and respectful. Have had no issues with anything and battery is working as told it should. Looking forward to my new bill Show details
Fay Brampton
Fay BramptonIllawarra, NSW2 posts

Looking forward to great results

I was very happy with the installation And for the follow up from Sunbank Solar was excellent making sure everything was working well and if they could help in anyway. Assuring me they were only a phone call away if I needed more information. Show details ·  1
Zhe
ZheSydney, NSW2 posts
Roger Rickerby
Roger RickerbySouth West, WA

Did the sums and 5 years to have it pay for itself... Why not

The guys installing were great, even siliconed a few cracked tiles while they were on the roof.... Did they crack them... Who knows but Atleast they asked for silicone. The battery is working great, be surprised if I get a bill this time round.  Show details ·  1
Rachey
RacheyMelbourne15 posts

Spam letter

I received a letter addressed “to the home owner” offering a “subsidised solar battery” if I participate in “ground-breaking energy plan”. This sounded like a [Word Removed] and 3 minutes of research revealed it is in fact [Word Removed] marketing and there is no discount. Not impressed.  Show details
Beverley
BeverleyIllawarra, NSW
  Fair Incentive Verified

A job well done, with no hassle,

A job done as promised, with no hassle, everything went to plan, when I have sent a message to clear things up, have had a phone call back quickly or an email. Good company. Show details ·  1

Anthony

They did an excellent job with insallation

The services was very good nothing was to much trouble. Every thing is working to my expectations. The two boys that installed the battery were very professional. I would strongly and helpful. I would strongly recommend Sunbank Solar.  Show details ·  1
Peter
PeterHunter Region, NSW2 posts

Installation excellent. Was promised assistance re the understanding and use of the mobile phone app -- didn't happen

All good except for a thorough understanding of the use of the mobile phone app. Need someone to take me through the various aspects of use of this app as some aspects still confusing. Show details ·  2
Shirley Mallett
Shirley MallettGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

Installation was good and the customer service has been excellent

James and Peter in customer service have helped me with the problems.
Person that installed unit was early for appointment, which was ok with me, and installation went to plan but technician checking installation took about a month to get here. Show details ·  1

Peter Nash
Peter Nash2 posts

Great back up service provided for the batteries

The hive program for monitoring electricity generation and storage failed. On contacting Sunbank Solar they provided a manual which I was able to follow to get back on line. Service people I spoke to to get this were quite knowledgeable and appreciated. Show reply

NEW SERVICEFind the right Solar Panel Installer