Sunbank Solar Batteries

Sunbank Solar Batteries (page 3 of 8)

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (94)
  • Purchase PriceA$7,439.79
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

No details in writing. No, thanks!

All sound pretty good, but I don't usually take any offer without anything in writing first. The suggestion this is a 'special offer' and I cannot receive details by email is a very poor tactic.

Ebelio José E.
Ebelio José E.

Thanks for your reply. I did receive your email with some generic info. Having said that, I was told the details of the offer couldn't be shared in written, only over the phone. To me, that's not a good practice.

Great company to deal with - recommend them to everyone.

We had a battery installed and they were -
Very professional at all times.
Plenty of communication from them.
Very friendly people from the receptionist to the installers.
Installers were clean and very polite.
Did the job as quick as they could and cleaned up afterwards.
Happy to recommend them.

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Julie, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. It's great to hear about your positive experience with us. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Great simple system

I had the Battery system installed a couple of weeks now, so haven't had much of a chance to really see the benefits yet (especially being in winter) but I use the app which is interesting to be able to monitor the usage of the house and see when and what is drawing power.

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Mark, thanks for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us and let us know.

Find out how Sunbank Solar Batteries compares to other Solar Panel Installers

Can’t believe the savings!

Stephen FarrellGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Buyer beware - high pressure tactics without anything in writing

I am based in Melbourne and received a letter in the mail addressed to the solar home owner offering final positions on a solar battery energy plan. Rang the number, salesman explained the plan stating that at certain times of the day I could earn up $7.00 per KW hour for stored energy. He also said that they have remote access and control to the battery at all times. However their main interest was obtaining a $550.00 on the spot deposit. I declined and asked them to e/mail me all the details of the plan. Needless to say they sent nothing. Bottom line - steer clear. If it sound too good to be true, it is.

Stephen Farrell

Thank you for your response but I still haven't received an e/mail response. The salesman's primary concern was to obtain an on the spot $550.00 deposit. It's an inappropriate sales practice.

Elizabeth Macrae

Elizabeth MacraeSouthwest, VIC

So very helpful

Sunbank Solar were fantastic in supporting me through the process of deciding and then purchasing my Hive Battery. They very patiently supported me with my myriad of questions. They guided me through each step of the installation and I knew what was happy at each time. The installers were very fast and efficient and everything happened when Sunbank said it would. On every level I found the company excellent.

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Elizabeth, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. It's great to hear about your experience with us so far. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

ross

rossPerth, WA

found the whole process excellent

found the team that installed the panels were very well organised, did the job very quickly, even worked through rain showers, cleaned up well and took away rubbish and left no mess

Really happy!

Our experience with Sunbank was fantastic from the start. Quote was accurate and easy. Installation was no fuss, installers were polite and answered a few questions we had about the product.

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Amanda, thanks for sharing your feedback. It's great to hear about your positive experience with us. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Simon Luck

Simon LuckNgunnawal 2913, ACT

If you like everything taken care of this is for you

Fast response to every aspect of the setup. Accomplished within a week. Installation was fast and efficient. Battery is neat and installers were knowledgeable and experienced. A real hands off experience, minimal paperwork. A Breeze.

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Simon, thanks for sharing your feedback. It's great to hear about your positive experience with us. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

Cam Y

Cam YGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Sunbank Solar Excellent Choice

After shopping around it was clear the Sunbank salesperson was the most knowledgeable of all the companies I dealt with in regards to size and type of panels and batteries that we would require. Installation was straight forward, and since then we have been saving a lot of money on our power bills. I was slightly sceptical of the predicted solar output for our house, but in the 4 months that we have had the system we are tracking well above the predictions. Love the app!

Colin Downing

Colin DowningGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Solar Batteries The Way of the Future

Marilyn Troth

Marilyn TrothCanberra Central 2602, ACT

An affordable battery....at last!

The process was efficient. It did take time to photograph, download and send all the required information prior to the process beginning, but I think the COVID-19 pandemic may have influenced how that process operated. No issues...the installer was professional and efficient.

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Marilyn, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to get in contact with us and let us know.

Beware Problematic Marketing

After receiving a letter about their 'pilot' program, I was pressured by the salesperson to pay a $550 deposit before they would send me any details in writing, which is a very problematic form of marketing. A search of relevant Whirlpool forums also suggests that this is not a company which is behaving well.

Guillermo Kerr
Guillermo Kerr
Keith Thomas

Keith ThomasWeetangera 2614, ACT

works well

The installation planning was as described. It was simple, and done professionally.
The team arrived as planned, carried out the installation based on ACT regulations, and completed it within the time allowed.
They were efficient, tidy and polite, giving an effective description of its operation and what to expect next.

Very excited!

So easy! It was installed, literally, within a few days of booking. The young fellas that came and installed it were brilliant! Hardly even knew they were there. We were all home, and they just went about it, and it was done in few hours. All the staff were great! Polite, knowledgeable and extremely helpful. We are really looking forward to enjoying the benefits of having our own battery! Thanks Guys!!

Hassle free and reliable

Every aspect of the purchase and installation was very smooth. What they said would happen did happen on time and stress free. Good job well done. Extra words to satisfy the review request.

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi David, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. It's great to hear your installation went smoothly. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us and let us know.

Ronald Mannion

Ronald MannionCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

The perfect marriage of panels to batteries.

The staff who installed our batteries were efficient, skilled workers who went about their job in a very orderly way. No mess no fuss just concentrated on the job. Many questions were asked and answered with the authority of tradesmen that new their job and product. Due to some medical issues we had to postpone the installation a number times and Dustin helped us deal with company and ensured that we were looked after with great patience. It was an offer that we could not afford to take up.

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Ronald, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. It's great to hear your installation went smoothly. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us and let us know.

Ian J.

Ian J.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hive Solar Batteries

Installation was timely and neatly by very friendly, & efficient, competent staff. All my questions were answered and evaluation of the possibility to add extra panels reported to me. Sadly I don't have enough roof area to put them.

Pete

PeteSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great to see stored power from batteries getting used in my home

Have had panels for a few years. Been toying with battery installation in past years but too expensive. Decided to try the batteries on this new scheme.
Happy with where batteries were installed and was neatly done.

Not Happy Jan

Not Happy JanMelbourne

Stop with the unsolicited Harassment

I have received multiple letters from this company, all stating they are rolling out a pilot program, and how I could be one of the first 700 eligible participants. If a company needs to repeatedly roll out a pilot program over and over and approach the masses with a blanket letter, it would seem that they are not getting the success they deserve from word of mouth, and that the reputation of their product is not actually able to sell itself.

For both of these reasons I would not use their product nor would I recommend anyone actually does. I would deal directly with reputable companies and trades persons, as letter marketing with messages of urgency and exclusivity make them look desperate, unprofessional and dubious.

See all Sunbank Solar Batteries reviews

Sophia Kotsapasasked

Hi why is the “com “ light on my battery flashing?? I keep trying to call sun bank but no one is calling me back

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Sophia, thank you for your question. I would be more than happy to follow this up immediately for you. I have sent you a message to obtain the order number from your purchase with us so that I can find your customer file and let our technical resolutions team know about your case. In the meantime, please feel free to contact us at hello(at)mysunbank.com.au any time.

Sophia Kotsapas

Where do I find my order number?

Brenda Martinasked

What if my meter boxes already inside my licked gate and the new battery is put next to it
Can I get a message before authorised people come to check it

Philip Long

Firstly they have to notify you if they wish to enter your property and secondly they monitor the battery condition performance remotely so they should not have to enter your property unless there is a problem.

Brenda Martin

Thankyou I was reading the conditions part of the paperwork

mickwillasked

I would like to hear from anyone who has battery installed by Sunbank and is part of of a VPP plan. I am particularly interested as to what savings they are earning and what their payback period is.
I have installed A$9000 battery but cant get any help or info out of Sunbank, Members Energy or Energy Locals.
Mick Williams

Philip Long

Mick, My name is Phil Long and we have recently fitted an Eveready battery pack (5kw )to our solar system( It has 20 panels - 6kw system ). We have only just switched over to Members Energy and as yet have to receive an account from them. Our last account from Red Energy for the last three months was reduced by approximately $58.00 as the battery system was only operational for the last month. There are only two adults living at our residence and most days our battery is 95 to 100% full by evening and still has 4 to 8% capacity by next sunrise so our house is not drawing power off the grid thereby saving us money during the night. Daytime the system is set up to run off the solar generation. Reading our Red Energy bill from 26th July to 24th October 2020 we were credited with 1125kw at $0.102/kw giving us $114.75 credit. Usage off the grid amounted to 392kw at $0.28459 giving us a cost of $111.56. Our battery pack has only been operational since the beginning of mid October and we will not receive a Members Energy Account until January which will reflect our savings by employing a battery pack in conjunction with our solar panels. That $58 saving mentioned above is only an estimate. Members Energy returns have been estimated to be from $0.17 to $0.24 / kw depending on when they take power from our system be it from the battery or direct from the solar system as they said the higher returns are in peak load periods but they stated that they would not flatten the battery and always leave 5 to 10% capacity. Hope this information is what you are looking for, Phil Long.

Hello Phil,
Thanks for taking the time to answer in such detail, it has really helped me.

Your situation is much the same as mine. Your figures match mine almost exactly.

The problem I had was in getting some idea of what return I'd get from the VPP scheme

Just this morning I rang Sunbank and had a long, fruitful discussion with Ian Sinson.
He gave me some much needed info on the buyback frequency and earnings. The real important NEWS was that the buyback of the excess energy from my system comes from BOTH the battery and whats being recorded from my panels by the smartmeter at 30 mins intervals, I was originally informed in writing that this would be from the battery ONLY.

I'll let you know how I get on after getting my first account.

Thanks again