Sunbank Solar Batteries

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (16)
  • Purchase PriceA$7,600.00
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation
Robert W G

Robert W GMid North Coast, NSW

Quote for empowering homes program

Requested a quote for the empowering homes program to access subsidy and got a quote for the 'pilot program with great discount' (Which was actually no discount at all) from a very pushy sales person and no mention of the empowering homes program. Again common story of wanting a deposit immediately. I've brought this behaviour to the attention of the Empowering homes NSW program. Very disappointed that any company still thinks these behaviours are acceptable especially when they are in the very limited list of authorised suppliers.

Damien M.Sunbank Solar Batteries
Don

DonSydney, NSW

Pushy Sales person

I received a letter explaining the offer.
Rang the company and after 30 to 40 minutes they were offering an Everready battery for $8000. The salesperson Tracy explained to me over the phone.
Having being burnt before I requested the offer to be sent by email.
They wanted the $500 deposit which I wasn’t going to do without doing some research.
To date no email.
Be very careful- Caveat emptor.

System Size7 KW

Customer Service - 15 Business Days For Refund

Signed up for a $13000 battery system. After paying a 20% deposit was told that AusNet would not accept power from my property back into the power grid, hence the system they sold me was useless. Requested refund on the 30th November 2020. It's now the 16th December 2020 and I'm still waiting for my deposit to be returned. The pushy salesman was happy to take and process my deposit on the spot, but obviously not when it comes to handing it back. Very disappointing experience overall.

Nyemo

NyemoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Overpriced with zero actual customer care

Job Satisfaction

Sam S.

Sam S.Sydney, NSW

Beware of pushy sales tactics

Rob Goudswaard

Rob GoudswaardGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They cancelled my order and havent returned the deposit

In 1/10/20 I responded to a letter to qualify for batteries. The salesman was very enthusiastic and despite receiving the 60c feed in tariff I was accepted and had to pay a deposit immediately of $550. I sent all the the photos same day. The next day the company rang to say it would not be worthwhile to proceed given my feed in tariff, however, it wold be 14 days before the deposit would be returned. It is now over 5 weeks and no deposit. I have emailed and rang them and the receptionist was someone who took phone calls for many companies. I am concerned

Alexey

Alexey

Pushy sales tactics with unclear outcome

Mrcurly W.

Unsolicited mailbox drops for a dubious offering

David

David

Very cautious about this offer

I received the battery offer from this company, and called. Over the phone they told me if I added a 5 kWh battery to my existing 5 kW system, I could save circa $500 per quarter. Really? I asked them to explain how that was possible and the answer was "case studies show it", which isn't an explanation.

Overall I found it a call full of sales tricks, but few hard facts. Maybe they are legit, but unless they can show some figures and not "case study" I'd be very careful.

Do the mathGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

60 year payback best case

Sunbank Solar’s service and installation was great. However, I still have no details on the Sunbank Solar powerplan that was supposed to be issued last month. I installed a HIVE battery system for $6600. The system has been returning 0.30cents profit per sunny day from load balancing. At this pace I’ll get payback in 60-70 years if every day of the year was sunny. So, this system is not economically viable. I would have done better to invest in more solar panels. I have emailed Sunbank solar for details on the energy plan and why my return is so low. The only reply was that the energy plan has been delayed due to COVID.

Job Satisfaction
Panel PurchasedHIVE
Purchase PriceA$6,600.00

Get quotes

No details in writing. No, thanks!

All sound pretty good, but I don't usually take any offer without anything in writing first. The suggestion this is a 'special offer' and I cannot receive details by email is a very poor tactic.

Ebelio José E.
Ebelio José E.

Thanks for your reply. I did receive your email with some generic info. Having said that, I was told the details of the offer couldn't be shared in written, only over the phone. To me, that's not a good practice.

Stephen FarrellGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Buyer beware - high pressure tactics without anything in writing

I am based in Melbourne and received a letter in the mail addressed to the solar home owner offering final positions on a solar battery energy plan. Rang the number, salesman explained the plan stating that at certain times of the day I could earn up $7.00 per KW hour for stored energy. He also said that they have remote access and control to the battery at all times. However their main interest was obtaining a $550.00 on the spot deposit. I declined and asked them to e/mail me all the details of the plan. Needless to say they sent nothing. Bottom line - steer clear. If it sound too good to be true, it is.

Stephen Farrell

Thank you for your response but I still haven't received an e/mail response. The salesman's primary concern was to obtain an on the spot $550.00 deposit. It's an inappropriate sales practice.

Beware Problematic Marketing

After receiving a letter about their 'pilot' program, I was pressured by the salesperson to pay a $550 deposit before they would send me any details in writing, which is a very problematic form of marketing. A search of relevant Whirlpool forums also suggests that this is not a company which is behaving well.

Guillermo Kerr
Guillermo Kerr
Not Happy Jan

Not Happy JanMelbourne

Stop with the unsolicited Harassment

I have received multiple letters from this company, all stating they are rolling out a pilot program, and how I could be one of the first 700 eligible participants. If a company needs to repeatedly roll out a pilot program over and over and approach the masses with a blanket letter, it would seem that they are not getting the success they deserve from word of mouth, and that the reputation of their product is not actually able to sell itself.

For both of these reasons I would not use their product nor would I recommend anyone actually does. I would deal directly with reputable companies and trades persons, as letter marketing with messages of urgency and exclusivity make them look desperate, unprofessional and dubious.

Alan

Alan

Unwanted, pushy sales tactics

I too am one of a number of people who have been sent Dear Electricity Account Holder letters from this company about flogging off solar batteries. They must be writing to everyone with solar panels. When will these people learn that Australians mistrust unsolicited sales letters and phone calls from unknown interstate companies making promises they don't keep. We do not buy from pushy sales people. We do not believe waffle about exclusive offers, substantial discounts, ground-breaking deals etc etc for the first 300 to sign up to a pilot program. We are wary.

Annie S.

Annie S.Sydney, NSW

Hassle All The Time with their Advertising Letters

I am fed up with the hassle of their letterbox drops. I received so far ten letters, one day I had four in my letterbox !! I even called them to say I am not interested and they said, OK you won't receive anymore, but still hounded !! Even If I was interested, I am Not Now !! No one likes the Heavy Approach to Advertising from Companies dumping their crap into your letterbox

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Annie, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am sorry to hear about your negative experience with us so far. We have sent you a private message so that we may investigate your complaint immediately.

Andrew G

Andrew GGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Be very careful, do your homework, and don't believe the sales hype from Sunbank Solar

System Size5 KW
Panel PurchasedGoodWe Inverter with 24 Panels
Purchase PriceA$8,600.00
Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Very bad company to dill with

very bad company to dill with Paper work was not organise well I can not contact manager hi is not returning calls . I have solar for 2 mons and never bean register from sunbank office workers very bad news I was paying normal electrical bells Don't dill with this company .

Customer Service x.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Review collected in partnership with Sunbank Solar Batteries

Cancelled the day before, after a four month waiting period

JackieSydney

Horrible service

No customer call back for issues, App is no good doesn’t work, Quick to take money but no customer service.

Jackie

Unfortunately still not fixed, getting the run around by their technicians. Cannot use the app with no solution.

See all Sunbank Solar Batteries reviews

Sophia Kotsapasasked

Hi why is the “com “ light on my battery flashing?? I keep trying to call sun bank but no one is calling me back

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Sophia, thank you for your question. I would be more than happy to follow this up immediately for you. I have sent you a message to obtain the order number from your purchase with us so that I can find your customer file and let our technical resolutions team know about your case. In the meantime, please feel free to contact us at hello(at)mysunbank.com.au any time.

Sophia Kotsapas

Where do I find my order number?

Brenda Martinasked

What if my meter boxes already inside my licked gate and the new battery is put next to it
Can I get a message before authorised people come to check it

Philip Long

Firstly they have to notify you if they wish to enter your property and secondly they monitor the battery condition performance remotely so they should not have to enter your property unless there is a problem.

Brenda Martin

Thankyou I was reading the conditions part of the paperwork

mickwillasked

I would like to hear from anyone who has battery installed by Sunbank and is part of of a VPP plan. I am particularly interested as to what savings they are earning and what their payback period is.
I have installed A$9000 battery but cant get any help or info out of Sunbank, Members Energy or Energy Locals.
Mick Williams

Philip Long

Mick, My name is Phil Long and we have recently fitted an Eveready battery pack (5kw )to our solar system( It has 20 panels - 6kw system ). We have only just switched over to Members Energy and as yet have to receive an account from them. Our last account from Red Energy for the last three months was reduced by approximately $58.00 as the battery system was only operational for the last month. There are only two adults living at our residence and most days our battery is 95 to 100% full by evening and still has 4 to 8% capacity by next sunrise so our house is not drawing power off the grid thereby saving us money during the night. Daytime the system is set up to run off the solar generation. Reading our Red Energy bill from 26th July to 24th October 2020 we were credited with 1125kw at $0.102/kw giving us $114.75 credit. Usage off the grid amounted to 392kw at $0.28459 giving us a cost of $111.56. Our battery pack has only been operational since the beginning of mid October and we will not receive a Members Energy Account until January which will reflect our savings by employing a battery pack in conjunction with our solar panels. That $58 saving mentioned above is only an estimate. Members Energy returns have been estimated to be from $0.17 to $0.24 / kw depending on when they take power from our system be it from the battery or direct from the solar system as they said the higher returns are in peak load periods but they stated that they would not flatten the battery and always leave 5 to 10% capacity. Hope this information is what you are looking for, Phil Long.

Hello Phil,
Thanks for taking the time to answer in such detail, it has really helped me.

Your situation is much the same as mine. Your figures match mine almost exactly.

The problem I had was in getting some idea of what return I'd get from the VPP scheme

Just this morning I rang Sunbank and had a long, fruitful discussion with Ian Sinson.
He gave me some much needed info on the buyback frequency and earnings. The real important NEWS was that the buyback of the excess energy from my system comes from BOTH the battery and whats being recorded from my panels by the smartmeter at 30 mins intervals, I was originally informed in writing that this would be from the battery ONLY.

I'll let you know how I get on after getting my first account.

Thanks again