Sunbank Solar Batteries

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (2)
  • Purchase PriceA$9,000.00
  • Timeliness
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation

mickwillIllawarra, NSW

Very concerned by delay in VPP starting up and Sunbank refusing to reveal supporting performance data

Trustworthiness
Warranty Claim MadeNo
Purchase PriceA$9,000.00
Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

RobSydney Surrounds, NSW

Sunbank Solar NOT WORKING.

Our system is almost 12 months old. It was very good until it stopped working last week!! Why do all your staff refuse to answer the phones?? We have been waiting since Friday to be called back so that we can request a service call to rectify this. I am not impressed, Where are you when we need you?

Panel PurchasedIt is a solar battery
Warranty Claim MadeNo
Rob

REF#;19251 Our order included 3 years Platinum service.

RobCentral Coast NSW

Frustrated

Solar Retailers

Find out how Sunbank Solar Batteries compares to other Solar Retailers

See all Sunbank Solar Batteries reviews

Sophia Kotsapasasked

Hi why is the “com “ light on my battery flashing?? I keep trying to call sun bank but no one is calling me back

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Sophia, thank you for your question. I would be more than happy to follow this up immediately for you. I have sent you a message to obtain the order number from your purchase with us so that I can find your customer file and let our technical resolutions team know about your case. In the meantime, please feel free to contact us at hello(at)mysunbank.com.au any time.

Sophia Kotsapas

Where do I find my order number?

Brenda Martinasked

What if my meter boxes already inside my licked gate and the new battery is put next to it
Can I get a message before authorised people come to check it

Philip Long

Firstly they have to notify you if they wish to enter your property and secondly they monitor the battery condition performance remotely so they should not have to enter your property unless there is a problem.

Brenda Martin

Thankyou I was reading the conditions part of the paperwork

mickwillasked

I would like to hear from anyone who has battery installed by Sunbank and is part of of a VPP plan. I am particularly interested as to what savings they are earning and what their payback period is.
I have installed A$9000 battery but cant get any help or info out of Sunbank, Members Energy or Energy Locals.
Mick Williams

Philip Long

Mick, My name is Phil Long and we have recently fitted an Eveready battery pack (5kw )to our solar system( It has 20 panels - 6kw system ). We have only just switched over to Members Energy and as yet have to receive an account from them. Our last account from Red Energy for the last three months was reduced by approximately $58.00 as the battery system was only operational for the last month. There are only two adults living at our residence and most days our battery is 95 to 100% full by evening and still has 4 to 8% capacity by next sunrise so our house is not drawing power off the grid thereby saving us money during the night. Daytime the system is set up to run off the solar generation. Reading our Red Energy bill from 26th July to 24th October 2020 we were credited with 1125kw at $0.102/kw giving us $114.75 credit. Usage off the grid amounted to 392kw at $0.28459 giving us a cost of $111.56. Our battery pack has only been operational since the beginning of mid October and we will not receive a Members Energy Account until January which will reflect our savings by employing a battery pack in conjunction with our solar panels. That $58 saving mentioned above is only an estimate. Members Energy returns have been estimated to be from $0.17 to $0.24 / kw depending on when they take power from our system be it from the battery or direct from the solar system as they said the higher returns are in peak load periods but they stated that they would not flatten the battery and always leave 5 to 10% capacity. Hope this information is what you are looking for, Phil Long.

Hello Phil,
Thanks for taking the time to answer in such detail, it has really helped me.

Your situation is much the same as mine. Your figures match mine almost exactly.

The problem I had was in getting some idea of what return I'd get from the VPP scheme

Just this morning I rang Sunbank and had a long, fruitful discussion with Ian Sinson.
He gave me some much needed info on the buyback frequency and earnings. The real important NEWS was that the buyback of the excess energy from my system comes from BOTH the battery and whats being recorded from my panels by the smartmeter at 30 mins intervals, I was originally informed in writing that this would be from the battery ONLY.

I'll let you know how I get on after getting my first account.

Thanks again