Sunbank Solar Batteries

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (0) · No (3)
  • Purchase PriceA$7,340.00
  • Timeliness
  • Job Satisfaction
  • Rates and Fees
  • Installation
Ash

Ash

Battery installation and set up seamless

The installer was courteous and helpful. The job was completed in the allotted time. The battery monitoring was quickly achieved through the online portal, and this provided excellent real-time data on energy usage and generation.

Trustworthiness
Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees
System Size5 KW
Purchase PriceA$8,000.00
Damien M.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Ash, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. It is great to hear that everything ran seamless and one time.
If there is anything you would like to see us improve on in the future please do not hesitate to contact us and let us know.

A new experience

In the beginning i found that the number given for Sunbank was never answered.
You could leave a message and there would not be any response.
Once Katherine made contact with me everything has been excellent also Isobel.The process once in train was fine.
I had a gentleman come out and decide where the battery was to be placed and by then i also had a date for the installation.
The installer came out and the battery was installed.
Once Katherine made contact the process became seamless.
I am enjoying having the graph that i can check my usage and the battery storage

System Size2.9 KW
Purchase PriceA$6,680.00
Mac

That there is a response to the number you quote for contact.

Jamie Sara

Jamie SaraPerth, WA

Everyready battery 5.1kw

Installation of the battery to my existing solar system was done with minimal fuss. Install was very tidy and I am happy with the results so far, as my electricity bill has already dropped, even though I haven't had a full bill cycle as yet. Look forward to seeing the next bill, which I expect will be zero.
App is great if you have an iphone can't wait for the android app to come out.

Trustworthiness
Job Satisfaction
Rates and Fees
Panel PurchasedNil - exisiting solar system, battery only

Solar Retailers

Find out how Sunbank Solar Batteries compares to other Solar Retailers

Solar Terrific!

Installation of the solar panels was simple and easy. Both the Office and installation team were great and helpful. Everything was completed in a timely manner.

Get quotes from Solar Retailers servicing your area

Answer a few questions about your needs and receive up to 3 quotes.

Get quotes

Impressed

I was very impressed, with how easy it was to deal with Sunbank and to get the solar system installed. The installers were prompt, very professional and tidy.
Our Electricity Bill in 17/01/17 was $775.60 91 days
Our Electricity Bill in 13/01/18 was $885.71 89 days
My latest Bill 15/01/19 is $560.44 92 days this included 21 days on the solar system.
My next Bill will be in April, so that will tell the whole store with having the solar system for the full period,

5 Kw Solar install

It took a while from the very start of the process ie. Booking the installation to the completion. Other than this, every thing went smoothly. The install team did a great job and I was impressed with their safety standards wearing PPE when drilling and cutting. Their uniforms were the only down fall as they a bit raggedy. All the relevant paperwork for the gov rebate was sent in one email, which made it a breeze to upload to the web site.
All in all a good job.

sunlight to $

sunlight into power saves lots and lots of dollars, with the app you can see in real time how much you save
should be mandatory on all new buildings

Customer ServiceSunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Sally, thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad that you are enjoying the benefits of solar energy monitoring. If there is anything you would like to see us improve on please don't hesitate to let us know.

Ben Kannan

Ben Kannan

Old Fashioned Service

Its great to finally deal with a Company who say that they will do something,and follow through and do it.
From the time I made contact with Andrew to setting up a plan to pay prior to having this installed.
Service was great, I would send an email and the call would be returned ASAP.
Then with booking the Installation of the Battery Customer service were so helpful working around a time that would suit me. Then the Tech was prompt,professional and had the job done, checked and operational in a couple of hours.
Old fashion service where have you been.This was my experience.
Ben

Customer ServiceSunbank Solar Batteries

good decision having it installed

I think it was the right decision looking into the future for our needs and savings on our power bills

Customer ServiceSunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Judy, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. If there's anything you would like to see us improve on please don't hesitate to let us know.

Solar Retailers

Find out how Sunbank Solar Batteries compares to other Solar Retailers

review of the week

initial installation of solar battery was exciting for us to move us towards using less from the grid. Existing solar panels unfortunately where not efficient enough to supply battery and house usage and after a consultation it was recommended that we needed to install 12 extra solar panels to increase the power supply to the battery and house.
On a good sunny day we now fill the battery and run the house plus send power to the grid.
During the evening the battery does not last and grid power is then used.
The next power bill with be interesting.

Customer ServiceSunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Chris, thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us about your recent solar battery installation! We're glad we could give you a 4-star experience. If there's anything you'd like to see us improve on please don't hesitate to let us know.

Get quotes from Solar Retailers servicing your area

Answer a few questions about your needs and receive up to 3 quotes.

Get quotes

Smooth sailing

Installation as an addition to an existing system was seamless, installation crew efficient and knowledgeable .
Perhaps a little more information regarding system monitoring i.e free or pay for service.

Review collected in partnership with Sunbank Solar Batteries

To soon for this question

To soon to say we just had it installed , we need to get our next electrysety bill so we can compare

Customer ServiceSunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Biliana, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. If there's anything we could do to improve your experience with your installation process please don't hesitate to let us know.

Joe Borg

Joe BorgMelbourne

Enphase Battery Install

Have hada good overall experience with the staff from Sunbank Solar. Installation of battery to my existing solar array setup ran efficiently and without fuss. Staff arrived when quoted. Subsequent visit we had some to'ing and fro'ing to get settled date and time but was all sorted before I wasted time at home!. Installer was quiet and cleaned up after so all good on that front. Initial battery connection via modem dropped out - quick notification via email to indicate so and how to get ity back on-line. Since then all running well.

Customer ServiceSunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Joe, thank you for sharing your experience with us! We're glad we could provide you with a great experience for your Enphase Solar Battery installation. If there's anything we could improve on in the future please let us know.

See all Sunbank Solar Batteries reviews

Sophia Kotsapasasked

Hi why is the “com “ light on my battery flashing?? I keep trying to call sun bank but no one is calling me back

Megan C.Sunbank Solar Batteries

Hi Sophia, thank you for your question. I would be more than happy to follow this up immediately for you. I have sent you a message to obtain the order number from your purchase with us so that I can find your customer file and let our technical resolutions team know about your case. In the meantime, please feel free to contact us at hello(at)mysunbank.com.au any time.

Sophia Kotsapas

Where do I find my order number?

Brenda Martinasked

What if my meter boxes already inside my licked gate and the new battery is put next to it
Can I get a message before authorised people come to check it

Philip Long

Firstly they have to notify you if they wish to enter your property and secondly they monitor the battery condition performance remotely so they should not have to enter your property unless there is a problem.

Brenda Martin

Thankyou I was reading the conditions part of the paperwork

mickwillasked

I would like to hear from anyone who has battery installed by Sunbank and is part of of a VPP plan. I am particularly interested as to what savings they are earning and what their payback period is.
I have installed A$9000 battery but cant get any help or info out of Sunbank, Members Energy or Energy Locals.
Mick Williams

Philip Long

Mick, My name is Phil Long and we have recently fitted an Eveready battery pack (5kw )to our solar system( It has 20 panels - 6kw system ). We have only just switched over to Members Energy and as yet have to receive an account from them. Our last account from Red Energy for the last three months was reduced by approximately $58.00 as the battery system was only operational for the last month. There are only two adults living at our residence and most days our battery is 95 to 100% full by evening and still has 4 to 8% capacity by next sunrise so our house is not drawing power off the grid thereby saving us money during the night. Daytime the system is set up to run off the solar generation. Reading our Red Energy bill from 26th July to 24th October 2020 we were credited with 1125kw at $0.102/kw giving us $114.75 credit. Usage off the grid amounted to 392kw at $0.28459 giving us a cost of $111.56. Our battery pack has only been operational since the beginning of mid October and we will not receive a Members Energy Account until January which will reflect our savings by employing a battery pack in conjunction with our solar panels. That $58 saving mentioned above is only an estimate. Members Energy returns have been estimated to be from $0.17 to $0.24 / kw depending on when they take power from our system be it from the battery or direct from the solar system as they said the higher returns are in peak load periods but they stated that they would not flatten the battery and always leave 5 to 10% capacity. Hope this information is what you are looking for, Phil Long.

Hello Phil,
Thanks for taking the time to answer in such detail, it has really helped me.

Your situation is much the same as mine. Your figures match mine almost exactly.

The problem I had was in getting some idea of what return I'd get from the VPP scheme

Just this morning I rang Sunbank and had a long, fruitful discussion with Ian Sinson.
He gave me some much needed info on the buyback frequency and earnings. The real important NEWS was that the buyback of the excess energy from my system comes from BOTH the battery and whats being recorded from my panels by the smartmeter at 30 mins intervals, I was originally informed in writing that this would be from the battery ONLY.

I'll let you know how I get on after getting my first account.

Thanks again