Sunbeam Aviva Electronic Pressure Cooker PE6100

MPNs: 4081, PE6100 and SNB-PE6100

33 questions from our users

Suzie

Suzieasked

I’ve washed the lid and the writing has washed off now I can’t tell what position is lock or release of the pressure valve. When the valve is pointing further away from the handle is that closed?

B Sharpe

Close to the handle is seal and away from the handle is release.

Gailasked

The pressure relief valve on my new Aviva Pressure Cooker doesn't lock in but instead is loose and easily swings around. Is this how its meant to be?

B Sharpe

I'm no specialist, but mine one was loose the plastic was broken in side

Gail

I was wondering if it was something like that. Thanks

Satish

Satishasked

E4 what could be the problem

B Sharpe

Refer to your booklet that came with the cooker page 32 it's about the pressure that can not gain.
Mine came up E1 Sensor Malfunction and could not be repaired.

Raff

Raffasked

The pressure release knob is loose and doesn’t seem to be working - no seal ,no release.

B Sharpe

I had the same problem The plastic seems to have broken off inside the fitting so I had to carefully balance the knob when I cooked.

Carmel U.

Carmel U.asked

What is the non stick product for the pan of this product?
Can alternatives like ceramic bowls or ovenproof glass be used instead of the pan provided?
Thanks.

Bro

Broasked

I cannot get the pressure cooker to pressurize. The little lid lock valve bounces up and the steam escapes continually. I am in New Zealand so who can I contact to get this fixed?

Sid

Sidasked

Hi
I brought my sunbeam pressure cooker 6 months ago its been very good until this this days keep says E4 . Every time I connect to power it says E4 help please.thank you

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Sid,
E04 means that pressure can not gain - to fix that remove gasket entirely from the lid. Clean and dry and replace firmly back into the lid. Refer to page 24 for cleaning guide. Ensure the lid is locked on, and the pressure valve is in the SEAL position. If this error occurs again, ensure the gasket and the valves are clear from debris. Then reset the unit. For cleaning steps follow link: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/PE6100_ib_2.pdf.pdf

Hope that helps, if the message remains after these steps please return the cooker to retailer for a replacement.

David
David

How do you "reset" the unit ? The instructions do not inform on how to do this !!!
I also have E04 continually coming on as soon as I turn on the unit. How can this be ? I have not even set the cook cycle!

Mona S.asked

Hi I bought this cooker 3 week back, and when I check my chickpea curry today I found lid lock valve laying inside the pressure cooker, I do not think I can attach this back to the lid, can you tell what should I do now,

Hi Mona S,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. So sorry to hear of this. Please call Sunbeam on 1300 881 861. If it is the little metal rod like part that sits in the handle of the lid - we will need to replace the whole lid for you. Please have your purchase receipt with you when you call. I will alert our team in advance. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Mona S.

I have lost my purchase slip...this is a small circular container of 1.5cm in diameter

Hi Mona S,
Please call our Customer Care Team on 1300 881 861 for further assistance.
Kind Regards Sunbeam

Wendy Gray

Wendy Grayasked

Just recently purchase the Sunbeam Multicooker and the first time i used it to pressure cook was fine. I was the lid only to find the little valve & rubber which sits in the handle of the lid in the bottom of the sink. We have tried putting it back in different ways and have tried to use the pressure cook function again to no avail. It looses a lot of steam and then once its on for like 40 mins the E4 error occurs. How do we replace this valve effectively?

Appreciate any help

Wendy

Hi Wendy Gray,
Please call us on 1300 881 861 so we can assist you with this...

C CORNELIUS

C CORNELIUSasked

My cooker is displaying E4 as soon as the power is turned on, with the lid off and with it locked on. I have had it quite a while but honestly I wouldnt gave cooked a dozen meals in it.

Hi C CORNELIUS,
Please give our team a call on 1300 881 861 to see if we can assist further...

Christine

Christineasked

I’ve had mine about 7 months and for past couple of weeks it keeps Flashing E4. Sometimes it rectifies itself. Have made sure all valves are clear etc. How do I reset it?

Adsta77

According to the manual E04 is "pressure cannot gain", check seals, valve etc. IF it is E4 (no 0) then I think it may be a fault. Best to return to your place of purchase or call the Sunbeam Customer Service line 1300 881 861.

Hi Christine,
Yes if your machine is showing the E4 sign you will need to return to store or call us on 1300 881 861 for assistance...

Emily A.

Emily A.asked

When using the slow cook function is it normal for it to make a little bit of noise? And also steam coming out of the little hole in the handle. Please don’t judge. Using for the first time and don’t want to break it.

Adsta77

Yep, you will get some steam through either the valve in the handle and/or the main steam valve on the lid. Ensure the main steam valve is in the open or release position.

Hi Adsta77,
No judgement here! It is a very good question and can also help others in the same boat. Please rest assure it is normal for the steam to come out of the bobbing valve/hole in the handle . Whilst holding the pressure correctly it still needs to release a bit through out the process. Same goes for the noise. You will hear it working.
Enjoy! Kind Regards Sunbeam

Alexander R.

Alexander R.asked

The rice cooking chart starts at 3 cups. Am I to assume we should not cook any less than 3 cups of rice in this machine?

Hi Alexander R,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam . The minimum of 3 cups is due to the size of the cooker. However you can use slightly less. You will just need to keep an eye on it with enough water being used.

Neen

Neenasked

I have just attempted to use my cooker for the first time, to cook rice. The pressure value seams to very loose, I aligned it to seal, but once the pressure stared to build I had rice water spurting out of the value everywhere.

Hi Neen,
Thank you for your query. The pressure valve does sit loosely in the lid. It is designed that way to adjust to the pressure build up. Please check you are not over filling with rice and water. The pressure valve and lid need time to settle before being opened or released.

Nonni87

Nonni87asked

Hi is the pressure cooker meant to make a loud whistling sound??

Adsta77

I assume it is doing this when using one of the pressure cooking modes? (not slow cook) Mine sometimes whistles through the vent in the handle prior to it completely closing off under pressure. If it's whistling through the main steam vent then I'd check it's clipped on properly and in the correct position. Also check the rubber seal is in place correctly around the lid. Other than these things I'm unsure why it would do that.

Hi Nonni87 ,
Thank you for your question. When the pressure is reached there is usually a whistling sound..

Michael John B.

Michael John B.asked

Can you make yogurt in the machine thanks

Hi Michael John B.
You can make yoghurt in the PE6100. Before making the yogurt it is best to test the temperature of your PE6100 first by adding water in it and select the Slow Cooker function on LOW . When about 2 hours in- test temperature. the ideal temperature is 80-85 degrees C. If all ok - put yoghurt in for 8 - 12 hours on LOW.

Deca

Decaasked

I got this pressure cooker and less of one year it was my Christmas present I love it but now the valve is leaking steam I contact sunbeam they said they will contact me to resolve the problem and I still waiting
Please let me know what can be done to fix the problem because I burn my cooking

Adsta77

I assume that if it is still within warranty you just call the Customer Service department at Sunbeam to get the replacement part.

Hi Deca,
Yes please give us a call on 1300 881 861 so we can assist...

Bethasked

My unit does not seem to be heating up adequately. Cooking a roast for 8 hours and needing to cook for a further four hours because the meat was tough. The pressure nozzle does not seem any different on the seal setting or on the unsealed setting. Any ideas?

Hi Beth,
I think there may be an issue with the unit.
Please return to store if it is still in warranty or give us a call on 1300 881 861 so our team may assist you...

KateA

I took mine back after endless issues - and exchanged it for a (more expensive) different brand - haven’t had any problems with the new one

Beth

Thanks everyone. I think I will take it back to the store

Susan

Susanasked

8 liter avalible??

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Susan - Unfortunately we only carry the 6 litre size.

jibs
jibs

Read or saw a video on basics of pressure cooking , it recommended 6 l the best size any larger and more difficult to bring to pressure

Deborah L

Deborah Lasked

I've had this product for less than 6 months (used almost daily), & I'm getting an error message when saute/browning function. "Lid Error" - then all the lights flash on the panel (lid not on). Pressure function works well, cannot brown though. Thoughts?

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Deborah....quick question, when you have the unit on the sauté/brown function are you closing the lid??? If you can PM your contact number please we can organise for one of the team to give you a quick call to resolve this for you

KateA

After much frustration I took my unit back to David Jones and got a full refund which I put towards a more expensive Breville model, which I love! Hasn’t given me any problems (touch wood!)

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives