Sunbeam Aviva Electronic Pressure Cooker PE6100

Sunbeam Aviva Electronic Pressure Cooker PE6100 (page 2 of 4)

MPNs: PE6100 and SNB-PE6100

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Pressurising Speed

Great appliance...

I did look at the reviews before buying but was really looking for a delayed start slow cooker and this was the only one I could find.
I already have pressure cookers so was not worried about the reviews re pressure. I am surprised... have used it as slow cooker... delayed start fabulous... but also now my favourite pressure cooker. Was a bit worried when it took a while to get to pressure but it has come through on every occasion. Great as you can prepare in one pan ... pressure or slow cook ... even simmer ... don’t use stove anymore and very happy.. Have the extra warranty so get the error I will take it back ... awesome appliance

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Clare M

Clare MDarwin NT Australia

Unit does not seal on pressure function

Every time we have used it the unit has sealing problems. Either it wont seal at all and you have to cool it down ad try to reset the seal (more the once each meal) or it seals the unseals mud cooking. The design of the seal and the flimsy attachment to the lid is at fault and makes the unit useless.

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Nicole W

Nicole WMelbourne

Was great for a week

Bought it a week ago and made two great meals. Now it’s stuck on an E4 error no matter what I do and is completely useless. The manual says to reset but give no instructions on how to do so and no combination of button mashing or turning the power on and off yields anything other than E4.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Multi Cookers

Find out how Sunbeam Aviva Electronic Pressure Cooker PE6100 compares to other Multi Cookers

Lluu

LluuAdelaide

Good to begin with

Have been researching all-in-one multicookers for the past several months when this one was on sale on Amazon. Great price compared with other branded cookers. Pressure aspect works well. Note that the maximum pressure it gets to is 12psi. Saute and simmer functions work really well. Hate hate hate the thin layer of non-stick teflon. Scratches off extremely easily after only 2 uses.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
HonoraC

HonoraCSouth East Queensland, QLD

All in one

Downsizing, so decided to replace my slow cooker, pressure cooker and rice cooker/steamer with 1 appliance. Am pleased with my decision and find multi cooker flexible and useful. Plus it takes up less space in my kitchen. User friendly, so easy to operate. Also simple to clean. Food I have cooked has been perfect. Also find being able to fry ingredients (to release spice flavours) in same container before slow cooking convenient. This is third Sunbeam product I have bought recently and I am impressed with quality of their products (after abandoning brand for a few years).

Date PurchasedNov 2017

JANEPerth

Wonderful appliance until E4 message appeared a couple of months out of warranty.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
JANE

Almost 2 weeks further on, and we have received no feedback or contact from Sunbeam. It is disappointing.
Jane

Kanthi

KanthiAdelaide

better than Kambrook pressure cooker

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Ming

MingBrisbane

Its convenient but hard to control food quality

We bought this pressure cooker over one year ago for rice cook. This is great for cooking conguee as we do not need to watch the stove or worry about the conguee will be overflowing as there is a timer to control the temp. We also use it to steam rice, but it is hard to control the quality of the rice as rice could be too dry or too wet even we put the same amount of water each time. We also had some issues with the internal removable Pot - The inside of the Pot started to peel and it has melted into the food. We called sunbeam and they have replaced the internal Pot for us which it has been great and did not have issues with the new replacement. The is easy to clean as usually we just soak it in water for a little while before cleaning.

Date PurchasedApr 2016

Love it. Used 3x week until error. Easy fix

To fix E4 error I literally just turned off and let it drop from about 30cm. Problem solved and love it again. Saw some reviews of people saying doesn't get pressure - I think this is just miss use as mine never fails. Gotta understand the pressure system as it does not let steam out like in cooktop pressure cooking

Date PurchasedJun 2014

Kimmy

Kimmy

Very easy to use

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Theresa Griffiths

Theresa GriffithsOxenford

Perfecto couldnt live with out it

I love my sunbeam cooker it works like a dream and i can cook many meals with the one appliance.
It has many simple features you can use and its like a dream to wash up as u know what some appliances are like to clean more hassel then its worth, NOT this one.
Would recommend this for anyone.

Date PurchasedMay 2017

Love everything about it

So easy to use, a little bit tricky when I initially got it, but couldn't be without it now, my cooking time is cut in half, best kitchen product I have bought in a long time, it has everything I need to make things so much more easier when cooking

Date PurchasedJul 2017

Does not seal, sunbeam do not reply to emails.

Buy something else. After numerous attempts, this unit only seals 20% of the time. VERY frustrating to have the time and expense of preparing a meal, only to have the lid not seal. It stays on 'cooking' endlessly without coming up to pressure. I have emailed sunbeam twice and they do not respond.

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Used once then packed a sad Buyer beware

Used once then on second cook set for 40 min hour later hadn't moved a minute. I further inspected being a electrician and found this item has a very poor pressure sensing design which loses calibration from being seated on the element and over heating hence all the E errors people are having, should be recalled and re-designed. $180 look at all these reviews sunbeam, I will be taking this back and using a different brand very disappointed

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Rachael Douglas

Rachael DouglasChermside, Brisbane

Great Product - makes life so easy

Easy to clean, easy to use.

Predictable results. I prep my meal the night before, put it in the fridge with some glad wrap over the top. Chuck it on slow cook in the morning, or pressure cook in the evening when I get home from work.

Best investment ever.

Date PurchasedMar 2017

GezzaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

A great Multi use kitchen appliance, an essential!

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Sunbeam
Customer C.Sunbeam

Our pleasure Gezza!!

Steve

SteveSydney, NSW

As a pressure cooker...meh; as a slow cooker - very good

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Aliyaraya

AliyarayaPerth

Great product

The pressure cooker is really easy to use. Everything we have made so far in it has turned out tasty. From stews, casseroles, chilli, pasta sauce, meatballs, soups etc have been to die for. It is the easiest thing to clean, all you have to do is just wipe it. We use it everyday one way or another and it makes my job a lot easier because you can set it and it does the cooking for you. Best investment I have ever made.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Beagly

BeaglyWollongong

Great Pressure Cooker

Easy to use and easy to clean.Love the fact that you can set it to cook and at the end of the day everything is warm and ready to go for dinner when we get home. Wife and kids are extremely happy with this device and it gets used more than I ever thought it would get used.

Date PurchasedJan 2016
Pam20

Pam20Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

good quality easy to use

easy to use functions
good quality doesn't look or feel cheap. Easy to clean
Cooks food really nicely. Really happy with the ease of use and how the food is cooked in it. Pressure cookers in general are quite bulky that's the only down fall but it a general thing

Date PurchasedSep 2016