Sunbeam Aviva Electronic Pressure Cooker PE6100

Sunbeam Aviva Electronic Pressure Cooker PE6100 (page 3 of 4)

MPNs: PE6100 and SNB-PE6100

• Pressurising Speed

Robyn

RobynBrisbane

Brilliant = very happy.

I'm glad I never saw some of those reviews before selecting this appliance. I have never had ANY trouble - seals perfectly every time. I have been using it every week for almost 12 months. Easy to use and great results. Any kind of meat comes out so tender my family always rave about it. So versatile to be able to choose between pressure cooking and slow cooking. The rice function is also very useful.

Date PurchasedDec 2015
JuanitaB

JuanitaBQLD, 4075

Rubber seal is an issue so it has only been used a handful of times.

Date PurchasedSep 2014
col j

col jsarina

sunbeam aviva pe6100 pressure cooker

I bought one used it a few times then it would not build up pressure I just wish sunbeam would make a better quality replacement seal so I can use it again as it is this product is not worth buying its a shame sunbeam have dropped their quality not happy

Multi Cookers

Find out how Sunbeam Aviva Electronic Pressure Cooker PE6100 compares to other Multi Cookers

Peter

PeterMELBOURNE

Terrible, leaks steam all the time

Absolute rubbish, leaks steam all the time , the seal never stays in place , do not buy this item
I have cleaned and refitted the seal but it always leaks , no matter what you do it will not seal , the seal seems to be to big
I think I will take sunbeam to VCAT

Brendan K.Sunbeam
Rob.B

Rob.BKiels Mountain

E4 of death

Have always been a supporter of Sunbeam but was very disappointed with this product. It worked perfectly the first 5 times and then the dreaded E4 message appeared. Nothing it seems will cure it from this problem. Fortunately, under warranty, Joyce Mayne took the offending item back and now have a Phillips pressure cooker that has been faultless for several months and has far more functionality to boot. Still love sunbeam but steer clear of this product.

SallyKQld

Didn't last long

I've just tried to cook a slow cooker chili, but when I turned it on all the lights are flashing with an E4 on the screen and can't be reset. Apparently this means it isn't able to be repaired.

I've owned it for just 2 years (so out of warranty) and haven't used it too much because the rubber ring was really annoying and finicky. I would turn on the pressure cooker/rice cooker and walk away, only to come back and find that it hadn't even started cooking because the rubber ring was slightly in the wrong place. Made for a lot of soggy rice. Really not happy for the price, I didn't get nearly enough use out of it. Won't purchase again and have just advised a family member against buying this model.

Brendan K.Sunbeam
SallyK

Thanks for your reply, but is there any point ringing if it's out of warranty? I don't intend to spend any money repairing it.

Great!

I only used it once before I invested in a Thermomix and now have it for sale but it was super quick and easy to use. I think they may have fixed the E4 error issue as all the bad reviews are over a year ago! Perfect for steaming baby food quickly.

Megan Saunders

Megan SaundersBrisbane

Great product

We purchased this multi cooker when our baby was a couple of months old. It has been a wonderful purchase. Some days I prepare dinner first thing in the morning and use the slow cook function. Other days we prepare dinner in the early evening using the pressure cook function. This means we can leave dinner simmering away while I attend to the baby or go for a walk. Great to have the steam, fry pan, and rice cooker option.

The recipe book provided gave us a good starting point for recipes, but now we often cook our own creations.

Highly recommend this product.

TGze

TGzeSydney, NSW

Pretty good

Its not perfect but it does the job. I use this to cook lentils and rice and curries and stews.
You need to keep the lid clean or it wont pressure lock and hence won't cook properly.
If I had one complaint it would be that its very hard to read the measurement in the pot.

Multi Cookers

Glad I did not read reviews

I love it!!! Multi functionality of it is amazing. Tried all the functions and happy to say they all work well. One warning, do not release pressure too quickly, it can dry food down, leave it to release at its own pace, It might be a bit difficult to use for the first time if you are less technology inclined, but reading/following instructions will pay off. You will love it too!

Ang

AngAuckland

So good that I'd buy one for my grandmother

Took a few goes to get the hang of it but even the stove top ones need monitoring.
I love it. We will be giving them as wedding gifts,baby gifts- beef cheak is our current favorite. Couldn't recommend this product highly enough, wish I had gotten one Year's ago!Great product

Lucy R

Lucy RCairns

Absolute Favourite Appliance

I actually had intended on purchasing a slow cooker, but decided on this instead. I'm glad I hadn't read the reviews, because I wouldn't have purchased it.
This is one of the best purchases I have ever made, and is my most used appliance. The pressure cooker makes the most amazing meals, I often cook chicken thighs, skirt or chuck steak, corned beef, stocks and stews... All absolutely amazing, the meat is just falling apart, and my dinner guests are often astounded. The rice cooker and I initially had issues (all my fault, as I was using the wrong cup measure for a different appliance) and timing was a bit off, but has since been rectified.

George

GeorgeChristchurch

Bad design - cheaply made Don't buy this Cooker !

Fatty

FattyAuckland

E4 all over again

We had about 4 fabulous meals from this machine. Worked as advertised - and expected. then tonight? Disaster!! Sauteed then...flashing red LEDs and E4...red lights of death!
Going by other reviews here looks like Sunbeam have a bad product which needs to be withdrawn from sale, forthwith!!
Perhaps some media exposure (in NZ, Fair Go) is the thing now...

May

MaySydney

terrible after 2 weeks- maybe a dozen uses

Worked very well the first 2 weeks I used it . Made rice and sautéed etc. Then yesterday, the E4 error message appeared as soon as I'd switched it on. Rang the customer service line and they said-look for the receipt. It was a gift purchased from David Jones Castle Hill in May 2013, so don't have the receipt
Worked well when it worked
The E4 error message

Kathie

KathiePerth, Western Australia

E4 error useless

Thanks for all your help Sunbeam....rang your support number, told them the problem with the E4 error code. The gentleman didn't seem to know about this error even though the internet is full of it. Then because I received mine as a gift and the person who gave it to me doesn't have the receipt, the only help he could offer me was to take it to a repairer and pay for it to be repaired or else they could give me a new one at a discounted price - but no they can't replace it. Once again disappointed by manufacturer.

Bad warranty service - only worked 6 times

Vladimir

VladimirAuckland

No pressure. returned to shop

Kate

KateSydney

Absolutely terrible

Why these are still for sale is a mystery to me, I also have received the E4 message after only a few uses. A total disappointment! I only wish that i had read these reviews earlier!! This is clearly an established problem Sunbeam need to get their act together and recall and fix all the faulty products they are selling. Whjat a total disgrace!

Lee

LeePerth

These should be recalled

My machine is two weeks old and has shown up various error messages numerous times. Today it shows the E4 message, which i can now see is very common and cannot be rectified. I am extremely disappointed. Chucking out the casserole i had prepared for tonight's dinner (more than $20 worth of ingredients) and i'm off for a refund.

Terrible...does not work om first use

brought this product when we set out to buy a rice cooker. First use and it will not seal to cook at all. Steam pouring out lid. Tried all the trouble shooting ideas to no avail. Will be returning it tomorrow for a refund. Wish we had researched online before being talked into this product by the sales lady.

See all Sunbeam Aviva Electronic Pressure Cooker PE6100 reviews

Bro

Broasked

I cannot get the pressure cooker to pressurize. The little lid lock valve bounces up and the steam escapes continually. I am in New Zealand so who can I contact to get this fixed?

Sid

Sidasked

Hi
I brought my sunbeam pressure cooker 6 months ago its been very good until this this days keep says E4 . Every time I connect to power it says E4 help please.thank you

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Sid,
E04 means that pressure can not gain - to fix that remove gasket entirely from the lid. Clean and dry and replace firmly back into the lid. Refer to page 24 for cleaning guide. Ensure the lid is locked on, and the pressure valve is in the SEAL position. If this error occurs again, ensure the gasket and the valves are clear from debris. Then reset the unit. For cleaning steps follow link: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/PE6100_ib_2.pdf.pdf

Hope that helps, if the message remains after these steps please return the cooker to retailer for a replacement.

David
David

How do you "reset" the unit ? The instructions do not inform on how to do this !!!
I also have E04 continually coming on as soon as I turn on the unit. How can this be ? I have not even set the cook cycle!

Mona S.asked

Hi I bought this cooker 3 week back, and when I check my chickpea curry today I found lid lock valve laying inside the pressure cooker, I do not think I can attach this back to the lid, can you tell what should I do now,

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Mona S,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. So sorry to hear of this. Please call Sunbeam on 1300 881 861. If it is the little metal rod like part that sits in the handle of the lid - we will need to replace the whole lid for you. Please have your purchase receipt with you when you call. I will alert our team in advance. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Mona S.

I have lost my purchase slip...this is a small circular container of 1.5cm in diameter

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Mona S,
Please call our Customer Care Team on 1300 881 861 for further assistance.
Kind Regards Sunbeam

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives