Sunbeam Aviva Electronic Pressure Cooker PE6100

Sunbeam Aviva Electronic Pressure Cooker PE6100 (page 4 of 4)

MPNs: PE6100 and SNB-PE6100

• Product is used
  • Safety
  • Pressurising Speed

Disappointing!

The pressure cooker worked the first time we used it! Second and third time the cooking light flashed continuously and the appliance didn't get up to pressure and there was steam escaping from around the lid!
We read the instruction manual from cover to cover and adjusted the gasket, lid and pressure release valve to no avail. We then went on line to try and find some help! Lo and behold we came across this review site and read the poor reviews that the cooker has received, wish we had done this before we bought it!
It will be going back for a refund and we will be buying one of the pressure cookers with good ratings!
Looked good!
Useless doesn't work!

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Trishko, do please contact our Consumer Support Team on 1300 881 861 for further assistance.

Maria

Maria

Eek I have an E4 error message

I have been loving my new Aviva pressure cooker. I cooked the most divine tender casserole the first night and last night I did ribs. Sadly when I turned it on this evening (third use) it showed the start up screen for about 1 second then immediately flashed to E4 error with all the lights flashing and I'm unable to do anything with it. The troubleshooting guide mentions an E04 error but not an E4 error... So I googled "Aviva pressure cooker E4 error message" and found this site. Thankfully I have kept my receipt so will be in contact with Sunbeam tomorrow. Such a shame as I have really enjoyed the results of the two dishes
That it is electric
E4 error message on third use

E4 error

Used my machine 4 times before the E4 message displayed... Trouble shooting said this was due to not being able to build up pressure but message displays the instant it's turned on I have cleaned it made sure it was completely moisture free, checked seals etc, it is useless and as I did not keep receipt it will go in the bin.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Elaine, could you please contact our Consumer Support Team on 1300 881 861 for further assistance.

DoAGoodJob
DoAGoodJob

I am reading here all these bad reviews, looks like another appliance I am best to avoid like their kettles. I think its time to stop buying Sunbeam appliances the reviews are not favorable at all.

Multi Cookers

Find out how Sunbeam Aviva Electronic Pressure Cooker PE6100 compares to other Multi Cookers

CarlMelbourne

Dodgy

I tarted having issues with using the simmer function. The presssure Lid is not easy to align and would spit steam out the top until you move the lid around. The Electronics failed ater the sixth use and gave 'Error 4' message.Sunbeam said there were some faulty CPB's. I would have thought for a company like Sunbeam.quality control would be something they are good at. not so much-reviews on the web say this is a common problem.
Desgin nice
Lid does not line up for pressure cooking easily. CPB became faulty after only 6 uses

Returning product after 3 days

Like others have posed I have used this for the 2nd time tonight and the e4 error is showing and I can not get rid of it.. This means no pressure build up, I have tried using the trouble shoot page and no success - very disappointing taking it back tomorrow
1st use using the pressure cooker was great
After 1 at use doesn't work anymore can not get rid of the error despite even turning it off and on following the troubleshoot prompts

Rubbish! Do not buy even if recommended

After 2 uses the cooker stopped working, only flashing E4 error. Despite every effort to clean and reset the unit, nothing seemed to work. It is very disappointing to be recommended this product by myer staff only to return it after being able to use it 2 times. With no much troubleshooting help available through Sunbeam, the unit will be returned and not another Sunbeam item will be purchased.
Nothing
Only good for 2 uses.

Sarah Bycroft

Sarah BycroftAuckland

I am loving this Multi cooker, I use it 5 nights of the week.

This has been one of the best things I have ever purchased. I absolutely love it. I love the fact that you can brown the meat before slow cooking. The rice cooker is really good, makes fluffy perfect rice. I have had it for about three weeks now and have used it most nights for dinner. Lamb chops, Corned beef, casseroles, rice, butter chicken. I haven't used the steamer yet but I think I might try the chocolate steamed pudding from the recipe book that came with it tomorrow.
Quick, easy to use.
Nothing so far

Sunbeam C.Sunbeam

Dear Sarah. Thank you for the helpful feedback. We appreciate it. Regards Sunbeam NZ

jbw

jbwMelbourne

Awesome, until it flashes an error code after 2 uses and no longer cooks.

jetboy

jetboyBrisbane

Great at Pressure and Slow cooking

We bought this multi cooker last week and have already cooked 4 meals. We didn't pay much more that buying either a slow or pressure so you get two appliance for the price of one. Both the pressure cooker and the slow cooker setting work really well. Meals were delicious.
Very quiet is Pressure cooker mode. No hissing or spluttering. Has both low and high setting is slow cook mode. Easy to use and
Nothing so far!

Multi Cookers

See all Sunbeam Aviva Electronic Pressure Cooker PE6100 reviews

Bro

Broasked

I cannot get the pressure cooker to pressurize. The little lid lock valve bounces up and the steam escapes continually. I am in New Zealand so who can I contact to get this fixed?

Sid

Sidasked

Hi
I brought my sunbeam pressure cooker 6 months ago its been very good until this this days keep says E4 . Every time I connect to power it says E4 help please.thank you

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Sid,
E04 means that pressure can not gain - to fix that remove gasket entirely from the lid. Clean and dry and replace firmly back into the lid. Refer to page 24 for cleaning guide. Ensure the lid is locked on, and the pressure valve is in the SEAL position. If this error occurs again, ensure the gasket and the valves are clear from debris. Then reset the unit. For cleaning steps follow link: https://www.sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/PE6100_ib_2.pdf.pdf

Hope that helps, if the message remains after these steps please return the cooker to retailer for a replacement.

David
David

How do you "reset" the unit ? The instructions do not inform on how to do this !!!
I also have E04 continually coming on as soon as I turn on the unit. How can this be ? I have not even set the cook cycle!

Mona S.asked

Hi I bought this cooker 3 week back, and when I check my chickpea curry today I found lid lock valve laying inside the pressure cooker, I do not think I can attach this back to the lid, can you tell what should I do now,

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Mona S,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. So sorry to hear of this. Please call Sunbeam on 1300 881 861. If it is the little metal rod like part that sits in the handle of the lid - we will need to replace the whole lid for you. Please have your purchase receipt with you when you call. I will alert our team in advance. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Mona S.

I have lost my purchase slip...this is a small circular container of 1.5cm in diameter

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Mona S,
Please call our Customer Care Team on 1300 881 861 for further assistance.
Kind Regards Sunbeam

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives