Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500

Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500 Questions & Answers

MPNs: 2079, 35902763 and BM4500

58 questions from our users

Rachel K.asked

Hi I am wanting to know what the cycle on this is eg: knead, rest, rise etc, in particular how many rise cycles it does as I would like to be able to stop machine and take blade out before the baking cycle..thanks

Dot
Dot

Hi Rachel
It depends on what Menu you select. Any of the menus that cook the bread do a mix, knead, rise, knead, rise, cook cycle. Don't know what the Turbo ones do.
Great idea taking out the blade before the final rise! I'll try that from now on.
Looks like you have to be careful how long you hold the Start/Stop button as a press and hold for 2 -3 seconds will clear the selected menu.

Rachel K.

thought i might just turn the power off as it should hold its cycle, would be the same as a power cut

Hi,
There is no option to pause the bread maker during any of the cycles however It is normal for the bread maker to have built-in pauses between mix and bake functions. When in Turbo mode, the timer setting cannot be adjusted as the bread maker automatically sets a specific time for your bread (around 1 hour). The Timer settings can be adjusted in other modes from the menu this might be a option for you to be able to take the blades out. Caution: Kneading blade or the bonus blade hook will be hot. Allow bread to cool before removing blade.
Hopefully this helps you.

Cate

Cateasked

I received my 4500 today and have just put in my first load tonight. It kneads perfectly, but when the baking was supposed to start, it beeped six times and stopped. I tried the bake only setting and it still does the same thing (six beeps and stops). Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Hi Cate,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

Susieq asked

I have a new sunbeam bake house compact. I’ve tried twice but each time the loaf comes out about 1/2 size and with a 2 inch frill of something of consistency of potato crisps at the top. Any suggestions?

Hi Susieq,
From the product manual it does state- Bread can be heavily affected by season and dry heat. Please add more water to bring the flour together if this occurs. It is normal for the height and shape of each loaf to vary depending on
the ingredients, accurate measurement of ingredients and the room temperature.
I have attached the product manual for you https://sunbeam-app-staging.s3.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/BM4500_20EM1_%28ANZ%29_ba9fcb7d27.pdf & if you refer to pages 10-34 this will give you some recipes idea's & how to cook different types of bread which you might find useful.

Thank you so much.

Hi Susieq,
No trouble at all.

charlie

charlie asked

How do i clear the timer? Sunbeam bakehouse. Compact. Cant find it in the instructions

Hi Charlie,
To cancel the timer you hold the start/stop button for for 2 to 3 seconds this should clear the timer.

Peter Hasked

I have just purchased a new sunbeam bm4500 bread maker, I have followed instructions as per the manual but for some reason the machine is not mixing the ingredients. I have persisted now 4 times giving me nothing but a hot mess each time.
A bread machine we purchased many years ago now, once you put all ingredients into machine and pushed start, it started mixing almost instantly.
Please can some help me out here?

Suzanne

Is the blade in the upright position and locked in? Sometimes you have to push it in place until you hear a click. Make sure when putting flour in it doesn't flop the blade back down flat. Dont be affraid when you have added ingredients to use a spoon/finger to check. Before my machine became useless i had a few issues with blade aswell

Raymond Streeton

Hello I have had a winner every loaf. I make a. mediam size loaf.
315 Ml water
1 Tbl spn Oil
1 ½ tsp salt
1 Tbl spn Sugar
1 Tbl Milk powder
212 g High Grade Flour
3 tsp Yeast.
We use Edmonds SUREBAKE yeast has a red top. I take chill off of water. It smashing Bread Maker

Peter H

Thank you Suzanne, I have ensured the blade has been upright and cooking pot is clicked in. I have heard a clicking sound after a short time maybe a couple of minutes, but only like 2 or 3 clicks at most.

David C.

David C.asked

My BM4500 is 6 weeks old. While making bread the paddle often comes off the spigot. I purchased a new paddle. Same result. Any solution please?

Ian W

Ian Wasked

The fruit dispenser inner door won’t lock up so unable to make fruit loaf etc as the fruit would drop straight into mix

Raymond Streeton

Hello Ian, I had the same problem too. It took a month. I wrote to local Sunbeam who forward to Sunbeam AU. Who wrote back telling me to contact my supplier and claim a replacement. On page 44 driver handbook 12 month replacement. Mine came like it. I wire door shut i then got a golden brown top as heat not going out little door. I think i have had my replacement 1 week now. On replacement is a little white clip. Which missing on first 1.

Nicole E.asked

Hi there, I just got my BM4500 and want to time delay my first loaf. The instructions on page 7 say to follow steps 1-5 then 7-10 on page 12. There are only 6 steps on page 12?! Secondly, can Time Delay only be used in 'Basic Turbo' mode? Thirdly, it doesn't tell you how long a loaf is going to take to be ready. Does that come up on the machine display? Thanks in advance!

Raymond Streeton

Hello Nicole. I am sorry I don’t use timer I have solar so I do loaf making when the sun is out or there solar, the only thing I can suggest is you try it. I use it quite a lot. I might make 3 loaves a day. Great machine. Sorry. Ray.

Nicole E.

Thanks Ray - I found 2 parts of the answer elsewhere on this page, but still waiting to find out about Turbo mode... cheers!

Suzanne

Mine was the same. Choose your program then hit up/down arrow untils it displays time ie:7.20 means it will finish baking in 7hrs 20 minutes then hit start button. Hopefully that helps

Barbara W.

Barbara W.asked

I want to make a cake in mine but not sure what setting to put it on recipes say cake setting but this does not have it

Leilaasked

When the bread has finished baking is there an alarm to let you know?

Suzanne

There is a few loud beeps and machine will keep bread warm

John T
John T

Mine doesn't beep and I can't find where to change the setting.

Mine doesn’t beep either

Craigasked

Hi, the dispenser does not close after emptying noisily 3 audible times about 20min into the cycle. Is the dispenser supposed to close? Seems like the loaf fails when it’s left open. Thanks Craig

Suzanne

Pretty sure Dispenser isn't designed to close after it drops ingredients into Dough. Before my machine falted and im in process of getting a replacement anything that wasn't a Basic White loaf would never rise as much anyway. If in doubt open lid and close Dispenser as long as Bread isn't in Proofing or Baking mode it wont affect it

Craig

Thanks Suzanne, just trying to trouble shoot the flopping in the middle issue. Closed the shute and the bread rose well...will try something else to help or take back. Cheers

Raymond Streeton

My dispenser door not close. Loaf rose and door built into loaf.

Soniaasked

My fruit dispenser won’t close

Suzanne

Its not designed to close during baking. Once loaf is finished just push it shut

Sonia

It won’t close. Does not lock into place. Stays open all the time. Is this a faulty machine

Raymond Streeton

Hello Sonia. Mine came with the same fault. Is there a little white catch on right hand side. To latch little door back. I wrote to local dealer who wrote to Sunbeam AU who wrote to me telling me to contact the supplier for a replacement bread machine. Which i have had 1 week. In hand book page 44. A 12 month full replacement. Hope this helps.

Carlos

Carlosasked

I bought the BM 4 weeks ago. I have tried several times with the basic recipes but no success, heavy and collapsed loaves as a result. I feel totally disappointed with the BM . I phoned several times but they tell me I am outside hours and I am calling at 1pm! I want to return this machine for failing to produce what it promises.

Signor F
Signor F

It’s a rubbish machine mate, I made the mistake of purchasing one as well and it was the biggest waste of money! I had the same problems you’re having right now.
I just took my machine back to the retailer and paid an extra $40 for a Panasonic SD-2501 And I swear I was amazed by the first life that came out of the machine it was absolutely perfect, trust me it’s not you it’s definitely the machine!!

Raymond Streeton

In book it says 3 cups flour. I put 3 cups flour in a scale bowl. I measure my flour out. Tept water. Make sure it not too cold. Nor too hot. I am a Pom i live NZ. We use sure bake yeast. The bread machine is not Sunbeam. Only badge. There one the same in USA they say make a hole in flour to put yeast in. I have had machine 2 ½ months now. I have had 1 brick. The others perfect. Dont give up. It nice taste bread. I had Panasonic before. Mixing gears used to break. This machine i use same make flour yeast. Only on Sunbeam water first. Bread softer and better taste.

Wenz

Wenzasked

HI, I have recently purchased the BM4500 and bought some premix online as the supermarkets are all sold out. Only problem is, there are no instructions, what else do I need to add to the premix e.g. improver, milk powder, salt etc (obviously water & yeast) and in what quantities. I have a grain mix & a white mix. Have messaged seller but no reply as yet. Thanks

Nightingale
Nightingale

I do not think you will need any more additives just try and see...

Michelle B.asked

I bought my machine 2 weeks ago & have made a few white loaves with varying success. I am now trying to make a multi-grain 1kg loaf using Menu 3 but nothing happens. I have tried unplugging the machine & resetting it but it sat for 20 mins & did nothing. Is this part of that cycle? Am I being impatient? In the end I gave up & tried the dough cycle & it works. I tried calling your toll-free support number but all I get is silence.

Sher G.

I have an older sunbeam model and it does take a while to kickstart.. Just walk away and leave.think it has to reach a certain temp before it begins kneading/mixing. I totally muffed my whole wheat loaf today... accidentally switched it off mid cycle! Am about to press bake after waiting a couple of hours. Good luck to us both!

Sher G.

BTW just read the sunbeam recipe for wholemeal loaf...it takes 30 mins before program begins

Michelle B.

Thanks Sher G. I'll give it another go. Fingers crossed!

Glenn W.

Glenn W.asked

Hi Guys ... we purchased the BM4500 a few days ago and have made some really tasty loaves...

We are however having trouble with the buttons being unresponsive at times. Especially after a cook. Is it something to do with a lock out timer or a heat issue? Is anyone else having this problem?

Glenn

Suzanne

The machine needs to cool down after baking i think about 15 minutes until it is responsive again. It a safety feature of the machine

Raymond Streeton

Glenn Like a computer, UN PLUG from power supply re plug back in after a shot time

Grant

Grantasked

Hi i have an error E01 come up on my BM4500 Bake house? how do i resolve

2 ways
1 a big hammer
2 un plug re plug in after a short time.

Amanda D.

Amanda D.asked

Help. I am trying a gluten free rice bread. It isn’t kneading. I testing on another program and it kneads fine. Why isn’t it kneading?

Aladina F.asked

How to use breadmix

Barb H
Barb H

Do you mean how to use the packet bread mixes ?

Aladina F.

Yes I have some MAURI Soy and Linseed Breadmix and it comes out too dense with very hard crusts.
Our Sunbeam is new we had a Breville before and it cooked beautifully. Couldn't get the one we wanted and were sold the Sunbeam and are very disappointd sofar!

Barb KeanWilliams

Barb KeanWilliamsasked

I have just put some ingredients into the Sunbeam Bakehouse automatic breadmaker, to make Ciabatta, but, as I am short, I accidentally leaned on the start button, and its now programmed to make bread (and it has started). All I want is dough and do not know how to cancel the programme, and reset it on dough. I have actually turned it off at the wall, as really it doesnt matter if the dough does stand for little bit, ..... but surely there is an easier way to cancel and go back to the menu!

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Barb KeanWilliams.
You are able to stop the programmed recipes at any time with the Start / Stop Button.

- Press to commence selected setting or begin timer countdown for delay timer. To stop the operation or cancel a timer setting, press and hold for 2-3 seconds to clear.
For more tips follow the link: sunbeam.com.au/Root/Specifications/InstructionBooklet/BM4500_17EM2.pdf

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives