Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500

Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500 (page 3 of 5)

MPNs: 2079, 35902763 and BM4500

• Bread Quality & Consistency

Big NanaToowoomba

Sunbeam BM 4500 Excellent product

Purchased today 7/07/16.. After returning with the Bread maker I read the product information, washed the product and loaded it with ingredients as per the instructions... Made a perfect loaf of bread... Very happy with the product and yes if you follow the instructions it is easy to use... Not sure why other people have had a negative experience...

Absolutely Dreadful

I have always bought Sunbeam products as they have always been well made and reliable. So when my old Breville machine, a gift and perfect bread every time, died, I instinctively chose a Sunbeam replacement last year (2015). The control buttons were very unresponsive but I persevered. I still can't get any of the custom buttons to work. The white bread was fine, but has recently deteriorated, but everything else is undercooked, flour doesn't get mixed in properly, or it doesn't rise properly. I have tried many bread flours, combinations, etc. and the results, apart from basic white, are appalling. I am very disappointed indeed and cannot honestly recommend this product.

Happy Kaz

Happy Kaz

Don't waste your time or money

This machine...was SUCH a waste of money and time. So many variations of 'bread' this machine produced, 80% of which went straight to our chooks, the other 20% we ate, without gusto. At first thinking it was my error with the bread mixes I was using, i called their customer help line and was asked: "What bread maker are your using?" I replied, "Sunbeam Bakehouse." After a moment pause I hear the dull reply, "Oh." After another pause she added, "It makes good jam though!"
Basically this machine simply doesn't get hot enough to activate the yeast. It's a terrible machine. Keep shopping.

amazing

I am shocked to see so many negative reviews. I've had mine for just over a year and it has made perfect fluffy loaves of all types every day. The express loaf feature is amazing for urgent loaves too. We absolutely love this machine or cannot recommend it highly enough. Waking to the beautiful smell of cooking bread in the morning is something you never get sick of. Thank you sunbeam for an incredible machine

Awesome Machine

I spent a lot of time reading reviews (mostly negative) and under the advice of a friend got the Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500. Its awesome, we have not had any issues with this machine and its making perfect loaves at least twice a day. We have made white, french and wholemeal loaves and they were just as expected. Would totally recommend this machine!

Dear Sheree,
Thank you for your feedback on the BM4500. Have a lovely day! : )
Kind Regards

Good Machine, BUT

Rhys

Just realized this review is on the wrong page - I am using the BM4500 Bakehouse - Sorry. The facts are still as stated though.

Dear Rhys,
Please contact our Consumer Support Team on: 1300 881 861, for assistance with your BM4500.
Kind Regards

Rhys

Thanks for responding. I did already and we are currently working on the problem with Laucke's Help Desk, because the problem lies with using their wholemeal breadmix.

I wish I never bought this

I have been very disappointed with our Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500 since we bought it. Our old bread machine would make any kind of bread - white, multigrain or wholemeal perfectly everytime - this machine only bakes white bread well - every other kind comes out as a heavy brick. I wish I'd read these reviews before I purchased this machine.
Also if we use the timer to delay cooking the bread it always comes out as a brick even if it's a white bread loaf.
Very disappointing, will not have another sunbeam breadmaker again and will tell others to avoid them.

Fault with paddle-pan connection

Have had this unit for not quite 2 years and not cooked many loaves at all. When it works it is fine but we frequently have a loaf that fails to mix and rise properly and find the paddle has come off the during mixing at some stage even though it is placed on and upright when ingredients are added. It is not a firm or tight fit to start with.

Miss C

Miss C

Inferior to older model: noisy as anything, burn myself removing bread

bev m

bev mKillarney Heights

A very good machine BM4500

a better loaf, brilliant result although finding it hard how to tackle the loaf, cutting wise. Now if I cut the dome first to make it square at the side, then continue there to fit in toaster. Have used ready made mix now to try a recipe somewhere in this survey

Waste of time

Have tried to make various types of bread. Have followed the instructions carefully due to the warning you must measure the ingredients. Have made sure the paddle is upright. Bread, if you can call it that is hard lump 9 out of 10 times. Waste of my time. Bought so my daughter and I could enjoy freshly made bread without all the preservatives. Will be taking it back and I don't normally do that.

Poor machine

Dough dough dough it's all its good for its crap machine thanks for a crap product not recommend would not recommend does not do what it claims waste of money don't buy it as it crap machine that does not work disappointed disapointed thanks again for a crap product enjoy my hard earned money went to waste

Andrew C

Andrew CCanberra, Australian Capital Territory

Getting the best from your Bakehouse

Date PurchasedNov 2015

Old Faithful

We've had this machine for two years now, baking many loaves a week. It bakes a perfect loaf pretty much every single time, I couldn't fault it!
I don't know why people are having problems with the folding blade, if you pour the flour in reasonably carefully it'll stay up every time. I also sometimes use the butter to wedge it upright if needed.
All I all though, it's a very reliable breadmaker!

Shane

ShaneGeelong

Couldn't agree more

I have been making the most perfect bread using this machine. Gee I'm glad I didn't read the reviews here first. Keeping the floppy paddle up is easy. Just pour the flour in so that it keeps it up. I use it for pizza dough a lot and get the perfect pizza crust. My only complaint is that the paddle rubs against the baking chamber, which is non-stick and has rubbed a half circle of the non-stick surface off. I even bought a second chamber and it's done the same with that.

Disaster

Followed instructions but have not had a perfect loaf yet.Think we might return it in exchange for another brand.We have been making bread in our old machine (sanyo) for 15 years.Will have another try but running out of patience.

December 14th 2014 Update:
Well we persevered and now make perfect bread,rolls etc.Have no idea what we did wrong!!

Design fault with the blade

today was my third attempt - blade won't stay upright and collapses - did not see any doughy ball happening just a flat rock hard doughy lump - had no trouble with my previous breadmaker. Would rather have the hole in the bottom of the bread as the second loaf it made I had to dig out the blade out of the inside of the bread.
Will take back to Harvey Norman's tomorrow

jacquilAU

Average

See all Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500 reviews

Rachel K.asked

Hi I am wanting to know what the cycle on this is eg: knead, rest, rise etc, in particular how many rise cycles it does as I would like to be able to stop machine and take blade out before the baking cycle..thanks

Dot
Dot

Hi Rachel
It depends on what Menu you select. Any of the menus that cook the bread do a mix, knead, rise, knead, rise, cook cycle. Don't know what the Turbo ones do.
Great idea taking out the blade before the final rise! I'll try that from now on.
Looks like you have to be careful how long you hold the Start/Stop button as a press and hold for 2 -3 seconds will clear the selected menu.

Rachel K.

thought i might just turn the power off as it should hold its cycle, would be the same as a power cut

Hi,
There is no option to pause the bread maker during any of the cycles however It is normal for the bread maker to have built-in pauses between mix and bake functions. When in Turbo mode, the timer setting cannot be adjusted as the bread maker automatically sets a specific time for your bread (around 1 hour). The Timer settings can be adjusted in other modes from the menu this might be a option for you to be able to take the blades out. Caution: Kneading blade or the bonus blade hook will be hot. Allow bread to cool before removing blade.
Hopefully this helps you.

Cate

Cateasked

I received my 4500 today and have just put in my first load tonight. It kneads perfectly, but when the baking was supposed to start, it beeped six times and stopped. I tried the bake only setting and it still does the same thing (six beeps and stops). Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Hi Cate,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

Susieq asked

I have a new sunbeam bake house compact. I’ve tried twice but each time the loaf comes out about 1/2 size and with a 2 inch frill of something of consistency of potato crisps at the top. Any suggestions?

Hi Susieq,
From the product manual it does state- Bread can be heavily affected by season and dry heat. Please add more water to bring the flour together if this occurs. It is normal for the height and shape of each loaf to vary depending on
the ingredients, accurate measurement of ingredients and the room temperature.
I have attached the product manual for you https://sunbeam-app-staging.s3.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/BM4500_20EM1_%28ANZ%29_ba9fcb7d27.pdf & if you refer to pages 10-34 this will give you some recipes idea's & how to cook different types of bread which you might find useful.

Thank you so much.

Hi Susieq,
No trouble at all.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryBread Makers
Price (RRP) A$189.00
Max Loaf Size1 kg
FeaturesAutomatic Ingredients Dispenser, Gluten Free Setting, Keep Warm Function and Viewing Window
Preset Timer 15 hours