Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500

Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500 (page 4 of 5)

MPNs: 2079, 35902763 and BM4500

• Bread Quality & Consistency

Ahyoka

AhyokaGold Coast

Perfect result first time!

After reading the reviews on here I initially regretted that I hadn't checked this page prior to buying, but thought I would follow the instructions and have a go anyway. I measured accurately, followed the advice and recipes from the instruction manual and am absolutely delighted with the results. Perfectly risen, texture, taste. I'm extremely happy and very glad now that I hadn't read this page first!
Efficiency, and ease of use
Nothing so far

Bread lover

Bread lover

Bring back the old Sunbeam! This one is so "clever" that it's stupid!

Jodes

JodesPerth, WA

so disappointed with this purchase

Rocky14

Rocky14

Waste of money, horrible bread!

Glad I'm not the only one whose having trouble with this bread maker. Bought it a week ago, made one small, okay-ish loaf, the rest have been duds. Its like the kneading blade just lies flat the whole time. It doesnt mix in the ingredients at all! Have watched it in the kneading phase and nothing happens. We have meticulously measured and weighed out all the ingredients, so are at a loss as to what we are doing wrong. So disappointed. Even the 'fool-proof' recipes online havent worked. We are returning this item on the weekend. It sucks. DONT BUY IT!
Sleek design, but what good is that if it doesnt make bread?!!
Expensive and doesnt work properly. Recipe book it comes with is rubbish

jacquil
jacquil

Yes, the folding blade is an OK idea in theory, terrible implementation. Who cares if there's a hole in the loaf?

Worst bread machine ever !!!!!!

This bread machine is horrible!! I used my Sanyo bread maker for 15 years, it was perfect every time even when I didn't measure everything properly! I just got this machine yesterday and have made 3 loaves !! All disasters , horribly overcooked even though I have it on the lightest setting!! They are just not edible !! I am so disappointed with it , has anyone had any luck returning their machine ????
It looks good

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Sambos, for further assistance please contact our Consumer Support Team on 1300 881 861

MoonsPeta

MoonsPetaMandurah

Great bread maker - a real workhorse in our house

Victoria Jonson

Victoria JonsonFar North Queensland, QLD

Awful

this machine is a disaster. I am very careful to measure the ingredients precisely, follow the recipe instructions to the letter, yet I get more disasters than successes. out of 5 batches of bread making only 1 was a success. I would not recommend buying this product. it doesn't complete the cycle and suddenly cuts out mid way.
nice stainless steel outer
to complex to use.

Dave5796

Dave5796gold coast

Brilliant Bread Maker

I Had a breville bread maker but this one leaves it for dead white loaf perfect wholemeal not so good until I used
50/50 mix wholemeal and white and 2 teaspoons yeast on wholemeal recipe loaf turned out perfect I would recommend this bread maker to anyone The best thing is the folding blade no hole in the bread

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Dave 5796, thank you for your feedback. For further assistance with recipes please contact our Consumer Support Team on 1300 881 861 and ask for Team Leader.

Marie

MarieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love my bread!

I don't know what all the negativity is all about! This machine works very well for me. I think attention to measuring is the key. I use my own scales and measuring cups instead of the one supplied. I've been using White Wings wholemeal flour which works well for the wheat bread and sweet spiced bread. Haven't tried white bread yet.
Easy to use and easy to clean
Not sure yet

Janet

JanetCanberra

Complete disaster

I have been using my old bread maker successfully for years. When it finally died I went to purchase a new on and the sunbeam was recommended to me by the sales assistant. My big mistake was taking her advice. The bread does not rise or cook properly. It is a complete waste of time and money. I am going to return it to the shop
The loaf shape and the removable mixer
The bread doesn't rise or cook properly despite following the instructions to the letter

Waste of money!

We brought this machine thinking it would be as good as the sunbeam bread maker we have had for the last 15 years. We tried various recipes from the recipe book supplied with the machine, none of the loaves cooked or raised properly. We brought a bread mix from the supermarket and the bread still didn't cook properly
It just doesn't bake the bread right
I liked the vary of bread you could cook but the machine can't cook them
The bread doesn't t rise or it sinks in the middle or it is raw in the middle, the loaf is tough

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi K Eagz,please contact our Consumer Support Team on 1300 881 861 for some troubleshooting.

Marysia de Klerk

Marysia de KlerkMaryborough

Waste of hard earned money!

I have used bread maker for 14 years very successfully, it was not a Sunbeam but I have replaced it regretfully with a "Sunbeam Bakehouse" machine. I have as yet to bake a decent loaf of bread in it. Have wasted many ingredients and money. It does a fine job doing dough alone, now I bought this machine to do more than dough alone!! :((. I think you ought to replace it with a machine that works.
Shape of machine
Bread would rize, during the bake it went down each time! Paddle very loose, needs support during loading of ingredients.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Marysia, could you please contact our Consumer Support Team on 1300 881 861 for further troubleshooting.

After two years, the bakehouse close

I received this machine for Mother's Day 2012. I have been using it since, but starting from end of last year (around October 2013), the dough did not raise up. I tried buying new flour, new yeast, I have tried everything, it was not succeeded. It is definitely the machine because I use all the left over of these new flour, yeast and bread improver and knead by hand, the bread was beautiful. I miss my baking machine, and I expect my baking machine to last at least 5 years, especially with $150 machine price.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Endang, for troubleshooting advise please contact our Consumer Support Team on 1300 881 861.

My bakehouse has died!

EmjoiAustraliaSunbeam

Hi Tahnyaj, we are truly sorry for this issue please contact our Consumer Support Team for further assistance on 1300 881 861.

Measuring Cup

I was using the measuring cup that came with the machine, for the water. After about 8 loaves, and talking to others, measured the water and I found out I was putting in about 100mls too much. Loaves all collapsed. I think maybe you should not put the measuring cup in, unless it is accurate. Now my loaves are great, using a different measure.

Gpeep123

Gpeep123Sydney

Yummy bread

Made many different breads with this already and although I don't like the new style of the mixing arm, I have made a beautiful honey and oat bread turned out perfect. The dispenser is a little clunkie but effective.
My old sunbeam died after 10 years I hope I get 10 plus from this one.
Easy use
The removable mixing arm

MargBrisbane

What a disappointment

I received this bread maker as a gift and have had NO success with it. It is a complete waste of time and money. I have measured everything exactly, tried different flours, new yeast, followed different recipes etc not a single loaf has worked out. I am so disappointed in this product and would never recommend it to anyone.
Looks good
Does not work

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Marg, could you please contact our Consumer Support Team for further troubleshooting on 1300 881 861.

Marg

Well since speaking to sunbeam about this product we have had a lot more success with our bread making!

fairsfair

fairsfairSydney

Very Happy

First loaf - perfect!!
Quite surprised at the number of reviews on here with problems. Perhaps expectations? Are people expecting this machine to deliver their coffee to their bedside as well?

Seriously though, a little care with measurements and following instructions and so far absolutely no problems. Sure the blade might get a bit of dough in it but nothing that can't be solved with a little soaking. Remember it's a machine not a person.

Beats mixing by hand etc. Thanks Sunbeam keep up the good work especially on following up on people's posts.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi fairsfair, thank you so very much for your feedback.

Disappointed!

Sunbeam C.Sunbeam

JulianaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Retractable blade

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Thank you for your feedback.

See all Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500 reviews

Rachel K.asked

Hi I am wanting to know what the cycle on this is eg: knead, rest, rise etc, in particular how many rise cycles it does as I would like to be able to stop machine and take blade out before the baking cycle..thanks

Dot
Dot

Hi Rachel
It depends on what Menu you select. Any of the menus that cook the bread do a mix, knead, rise, knead, rise, cook cycle. Don't know what the Turbo ones do.
Great idea taking out the blade before the final rise! I'll try that from now on.
Looks like you have to be careful how long you hold the Start/Stop button as a press and hold for 2 -3 seconds will clear the selected menu.

Rachel K.

thought i might just turn the power off as it should hold its cycle, would be the same as a power cut

Hi,
There is no option to pause the bread maker during any of the cycles however It is normal for the bread maker to have built-in pauses between mix and bake functions. When in Turbo mode, the timer setting cannot be adjusted as the bread maker automatically sets a specific time for your bread (around 1 hour). The Timer settings can be adjusted in other modes from the menu this might be a option for you to be able to take the blades out. Caution: Kneading blade or the bonus blade hook will be hot. Allow bread to cool before removing blade.
Hopefully this helps you.

Cate

Cateasked

I received my 4500 today and have just put in my first load tonight. It kneads perfectly, but when the baking was supposed to start, it beeped six times and stopped. I tried the bake only setting and it still does the same thing (six beeps and stops). Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Hi Cate,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

Susieq asked

I have a new sunbeam bake house compact. I’ve tried twice but each time the loaf comes out about 1/2 size and with a 2 inch frill of something of consistency of potato crisps at the top. Any suggestions?

Hi Susieq,
From the product manual it does state- Bread can be heavily affected by season and dry heat. Please add more water to bring the flour together if this occurs. It is normal for the height and shape of each loaf to vary depending on
the ingredients, accurate measurement of ingredients and the room temperature.
I have attached the product manual for you https://sunbeam-app-staging.s3.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/BM4500_20EM1_%28ANZ%29_ba9fcb7d27.pdf & if you refer to pages 10-34 this will give you some recipes idea's & how to cook different types of bread which you might find useful.

Thank you so much.

Hi Susieq,
No trouble at all.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryBread Makers
Price (RRP) A$189.00
Max Loaf Size1 kg
FeaturesAutomatic Ingredients Dispenser, Gluten Free Setting, Keep Warm Function and Viewing Window
Preset Timer 15 hours