Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500

Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500 (page 5 of 5)

MPNs: 2079, 35902763 and BM4500

• Bread Quality & Consistency

Help!

I logged onto this review page to see if I bought a dud... I too have tried to bake bread every way in this machine since buying it a week ago.. it doesnt rise, it is doughy and each loaf has been thrown out.. what is the issue here.??? i paid $159 should have bought the cheaper brand that my mother in law has and works perfectly

wont work

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Dear Dissappointed, could you please contact our Consumer Support Team on 1300 881 861 for further assistance.

Craig

CraigAlbany

The machine doesn't work.

We have tried every conceivable variable in the bread making process and finally the machine's going in the bin as a total waste of time and money. 8 months and countless attempts. Rang customer service 2 times and no result. Bread doesn't rise, comes out undercooked and still pasty in the middle.

Simply doesn't work.

Sunbeam C.Sunbeam

ashpete02Hobart, TAS

It works, but build quality is very poor as far as I'm concerned!

Bread Makers

Find out how Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500 compares to other Bread Makers

Sheeka

SheekaAuckland

Pretty Average

Sunbeam C.Sunbeam

Hi Sheeka. Thank you for your comments and suggestions. We are sorry that you have experienced some issues with your bread maker. Thank you Sunbeam NZ

Sue

SueBundaberg

Sunbeam bakehouse

I've owned a breadmaker before with much success. I haven't managed to bake an edible loaf of bread with my new Sunbeam Bakehouse purchased a month ago. I've tried different brands of bread mix but they are still heavy, undercooked and stodgy. I'm not happy with this breadmaker at all.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Sue, could you please contact our Customer Service Team to discuss further.

Cassieo

CassieoNorth Western Region, NSW

Why didn't I buy one years ago? It is the best!

This bread maker is excellent, so easy to use and you can wake to freshly cooked bread every morning. Takes less than 5 mins to put on and the machine does the rest, the bread comes out perfect every time. Pizza dough is the great too! So easy!! It is not time consuming at all to use.
Quality of bread made with machine and how easy it is to make top quality products
Absolutely nothing

Aurora

AuroraSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointing

I've had a breadmaker for ages and have made all our bread for 16 years. Since i got a Sunbeam Bakehouse My loaves are not risen and appear undercooked. Despite buying new yeast twice and fresh flour and tweaking the recipe - eg less water, more water, oil I have not made a decent loaf. The last one did not rise at all.
Nice looking. Easy to use
Bread falls often over an inch during baking. Bread is usually sticky and undercooked.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Aurora, we are very sorry to hear that you have had problems with this model. Could you please contact our Customer Care line on 1300 881 861 and ask to speak to the Customer Care Supervisor for further assistance.

Browny

BrownySydney

Disapointed

The first few loaves came out fantastic however I think there is now a malfunction with the machine as the bread no longer rises. Machine now appears to get too hot during the kneading process which takes hours & that would account for the no rising as it is killing the yeast
Initally the bread was great
only last 1 month till no rising was happening. Customer service refuse to accept it is the machine

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Dear Browny, we should be able to help you with this issue. Could you please contact our Customer Care Team on 1300 881 861.

Cupcake69

Cupcake69Sydney

Best thing since sliced bread!!!!!

I've wanted a breadmaker for ages. I choose the sunbeam bakehouse because its a trusted well known brand. I loved the look of the bakehouse better than the rest too - its perfect on my kitchen bench! 110% happy with its performance, I make on avg 3 loaves each week, the timer setting is a real blessing. Its awesome waking up to the smell of freshly baked bread in the morning. The turbo mode is so simple & quick, & I love the fruit & nut dispenser also. Great recipes ideas too.
Stylish look & excellent performance! Great value!

maureenj
maureenj

Very helpful

Bread Makers

Find out how Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500 compares to other Bread Makers

Shopper_Holic

Shopper_HolicSydney

Ok for the price

I purchased this breadmaker from an online retailer because they had a 30% off deal. Quite pleased with it - simple to use and easy to follow instructions. It is not too bulky so can stay on the kitchen bench when not in use. However after the kneading process, the dough can become mishapen or lopsided.
Easy to use, inexpensive
The crust is extremely hard, haven't been able to figure out why. Dough blade usually remains in the bread.

Shaheen1
Shaheen1

Dough blade remains in loaf?

monacow

monacowAU

Simple to use, Sleek and Stylish

This product is amazing! It is so simple to use, easy to clean and bakes fabulous bread everytime I use it. The Bakehouse is compact in size so it won't take up too much space on your kitchen bench and very light if you want to store it away in the cupboard and only pull it out on a rainy day. The accompanying instruction book is full of fantastic recipes and has easy to follow instructions. It is so easy to make a variety of breads including gluten/yeast free, multigrain, fruit loafs, the list goes on. It has a timer delay so you can prepare it the night before and wake up to freshly baked bread each morning. I couldn't imagine life without it!
Compact size and so easy to use

Dexter Felix
Dexter Felix
sergio dezorzi
sergio dezorzi
See all Sunbeam Bakehouse BM4500 reviews

Rachel K.asked

Hi I am wanting to know what the cycle on this is eg: knead, rest, rise etc, in particular how many rise cycles it does as I would like to be able to stop machine and take blade out before the baking cycle..thanks

Dot
Dot

Hi Rachel
It depends on what Menu you select. Any of the menus that cook the bread do a mix, knead, rise, knead, rise, cook cycle. Don't know what the Turbo ones do.
Great idea taking out the blade before the final rise! I'll try that from now on.
Looks like you have to be careful how long you hold the Start/Stop button as a press and hold for 2 -3 seconds will clear the selected menu.

Rachel K.

thought i might just turn the power off as it should hold its cycle, would be the same as a power cut

Hi,
There is no option to pause the bread maker during any of the cycles however It is normal for the bread maker to have built-in pauses between mix and bake functions. When in Turbo mode, the timer setting cannot be adjusted as the bread maker automatically sets a specific time for your bread (around 1 hour). The Timer settings can be adjusted in other modes from the menu this might be a option for you to be able to take the blades out. Caution: Kneading blade or the bonus blade hook will be hot. Allow bread to cool before removing blade.
Hopefully this helps you.

Cate

Cateasked

I received my 4500 today and have just put in my first load tonight. It kneads perfectly, but when the baking was supposed to start, it beeped six times and stopped. I tried the bake only setting and it still does the same thing (six beeps and stops). Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Hi Cate,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

Susieq asked

I have a new sunbeam bake house compact. I’ve tried twice but each time the loaf comes out about 1/2 size and with a 2 inch frill of something of consistency of potato crisps at the top. Any suggestions?

Hi Susieq,
From the product manual it does state- Bread can be heavily affected by season and dry heat. Please add more water to bring the flour together if this occurs. It is normal for the height and shape of each loaf to vary depending on
the ingredients, accurate measurement of ingredients and the room temperature.
I have attached the product manual for you https://sunbeam-app-staging.s3.ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com/BM4500_20EM1_%28ANZ%29_ba9fcb7d27.pdf & if you refer to pages 10-34 this will give you some recipes idea's & how to cook different types of bread which you might find useful.

Thank you so much.

Hi Susieq,
No trouble at all.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryBread Makers
Price (RRP) A$189.00
Max Loaf Size1 kg
FeaturesAutomatic Ingredients Dispenser, Gluten Free Setting, Keep Warm Function and Viewing Window
Preset Timer 15 hours