6Sunbeam Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

Sunbeam Barista Max EM5300K (Black) Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:14720, 807031 and EM5300K
6Sunbeam Barista Max EM5300K (Black)
Gabby H. · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

how to stop coffee beans while grinding and making a huge mess everywhere and why is the coffee sloppy and still have water floating on top of the coffee after extraction

Gabby H. · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

How do I stop the grinder beans from flying out the hopper all over my bench during grinding

Gabby H. · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

Why is there still water sitting on top of the grinder coffee after the pour

Nick W.
Nick W. · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

The machine has been working fine for 2 years
Went to turn it on this morning.... Doesn't work
No power.
Tried plugging it into a different socket in the wall, still nothing
Never had a power outage
So the fuse should be fine

Not sure what the problem is?

KBO
KBO

Hi Nick ours has just done the same. Have you managed to get yours working again?

Unfortunately not,
I attempted to pull it apart as I was doing some reading online -which lead me to believe it was the power fuse that blew

But it's quite complex to replace
So I've had to sort out another coffee machine

Definitely won't be buy another sunbeam again
Especially considering the price tag for a terrible quality machine

Laura N.
Laura N. · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

I got my machine for mothers day last year (May 2021) so not too long out of warranty and water has started leaking from the steam wand when making a coffee - It seems more water to coming out of the steam wand then actually coming out through my coffee . We took it to a repair shop (one of sunbeam recommended ones) and was informed it would be $80 out right just to work out what then issue then they advised that it wasn't really worth it because even if they figure out what is wrong, it is impossible to get parts for this machine.

I can see this is a common issue with the machine - does anyone know how to fix the issue?

Rhys H.
Rhys H.

I have the same issue

Sunbeam   DM

Thank you for contacting Sunbeam and sharing your current experience. Sunbeam is committed to providing our consumers with safe and reliable products.

We understand your disappointment and apologise for any inconvenience that this may have caused you.
I have shared your valued feedback with our quality control team.

Our Sunbeam team will be happy to help troubleshoot this with you, we kindly ask you to give our Customer Service Team a call with your machine handy. Our helpline is open 10:00am to 6:00pm - Monday - Friday AEST (1300 881 861).

We look forward to hearing from you and assisting further.

Melissa G.
Melissa G.

Hi Laura, this happened with our machine too. Did you get a resolution?

GramieT
GramieT · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

This is my second machine as the first had the leaking issue mentioned by others. It is 13 months old and the shots are no longer metered and must be turned off manually. When stopped the machine disperses a cloud of steam and the pump can be heard as if the steam function is on. The machine has been descaled regularly and cleaned everytime blue light appears. Pressure also varies with each use.

Sunbeam   DM

Hello GramieT, Thank you for sharing your experience with us, your feedback is appreciated and has been forwarded to our Quality Team for further review.

We kindly ask you to give our Customer Service Team a call with your machine handy. Our helpline is open 10:00am to 6:00pm - Monday - Friday AEST (1300 881 861).

GramieT

Thankyou for your response, however I have already returned the machine to the place of purchase and upgraded to a different machine.

Miles
Miles · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

HI There, I also have the above model which has started leaking from the wand and next to the group head. Present from my Kids for my 50th, now sadly over the 12 month mark by 6 months. Great machine sadly and due to being regional no repairers near.

Richard
Richard

Sorry to hear that. I ended up paying extra for a Semi-Auto Delonghi model and couldnt be happier. Its a shame as i liked the look of the Sunbeam, but the performance of my 2 was poor. Good luck with your next purchase.

Lyn
Lyn · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

Once I have made a coffee the grinds are always wet and sloppy, I have never encountered this aspect before on any of my previous coffee machines. I've read through every part of the troubleshooting guide and have adjusted to suit, but this still happens. This is my 2nd Sunbeam Barista (had the first one for only 5 weeks and thought the wet grinds were a machine fault). I would love to keep the machine and I hope someone can solve this issue for me.

Gabby H.

Same here, would like to know why too

Ashley K
Ashley K · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

Hi, our machine has started to leak quiet a lot from the steam wand and we are now only getting a small amount of coffee into the cup. Any idea how we go about fixing this? Machine is only about 5 months old!
Thanks!

Mark T.
Mark T.

There is an obviously a component failure engineered into this machine. Company will say they will contact you, they won’t. There are no parts or solution to this issue.

Larissa C.
Larissa C. · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

Hi, I’ve had my machine for 2 months and cleaned it regularly (according to the instructions), since I cleaned it last the grinds seem to be very fine, and changing the settings does make any difference. I have also done what was suggested below and vacuumed the grinder, and it hasn’t helped.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Larissa, Firstly can I ask have you checked the hopper gates are closed or not fully open? (Ensure the white grinder light is on to show grinder-ready state). Turn the bean hopper in a clockwise direction. At grind setting 30, the hopper gates are fully open. I have attached the product manual for you if you refer to page 8 of the product manual attached this will show you how to insert the hooper correctly external link  let me know if this has assisted you.

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, I’ve followed those instructions and it hasn’t helped. I’ve had a look and noticed that when I adjust the hopper settings the gates stay fully open all the time, there’s no difference between the 30, 20 or 10 settings. Any other suggestions?
Many thanks,
Larissa

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Larissa, Try turning the top burr around a few times & set your setting between 20-24 & let me know how that goes.

John R.
John R. · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

The end of the tamper handle has a oblong hole in it with a number of slots around it, as if some thing should locate in it. What is the purpose of this.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi John, I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

Nathaniel
Nathaniel · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

My girlfriend & I brought this coffee machine only 2 days ago, and we are already experiencing problems. The first time we used the machine it created one of the best home coffees I've had for a while, although now... It seems that the coffee machine is running at very low pressure; have tried multiple fixes. My first assumption was the portafilter being clogged but after inspection, it's exactly the way it should be & you can clearly see the holes. The next thing we did was try finer & then more coarse grind with no luck. Shortly after that we tried only using 2kg to pack the coffee & still no luck.
When attempting to extract the coffee the machine primes itself; waits for a second then it almost sounds like it's not willing to continue. After inspection, the coffee in the ladle is slushy. There is water coming out when the ladle doesn't have coffee. Please help, very frustrating considering we literally only just brought this product.

Sunbeam   DM

Hello Nathaniel, Thank you for contacting Sunbeam.
Could I ask if you are still experiencing low pressure?

Spiro T.
Spiro T.

Hello there,
We have exactly the same problem.. Brand new machine, the first cup worked fine, but now even on the coarsest setting, no coffee is coming out and it sounds like it is struggling to force the water through. With NO coffee in the handle.. water comes through albeit slowly.
Please assist.

Troy B.
Troy B.

Hi, I have the same issue. bought the machine on weekend, first cup was great, now it seems like its struggling to push water through the ground coffee no matter how course or fine the grind is. This is extremely frustrating. Please urgently assist.

Ryan J.
Ryan J. · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

Hi bought this today and my coffee grinder is make the noise but is hard to put turn clock wise and doesn’t let any beans go through? Yes there’s plenty of fresh beans and it’s brand new so shouldn’t be any blockages.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Ryan, I have attached the product manual for you to refer to please refer to page 8 external link  this will show you how to align the grinder & hopefully fix your issue.

Ryan J.

I’ve done all that I’ve taken it back was faulty from the box wasn’t feeding

BrianJ541
BrianJ541 · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

Hi, I am leaving the comment in regards to group handle of Sunbeam Barista Max 53000K(black) model which I got last September. I've put that in the dishwasher to clean the part thoroughly, but that turned out the surface (coating) of metal in handle melted and now black ink keeps coming out from the surface when rubbing. Given this part of material is meant to deal with high pressure and high temperature, I don’t believe this is acceptable at all, and now my more concern is that material (looking like black ink) keeps coming out from the surface is not supposed to be edible.

Can you please advise me whether that could be changed to new part under warranty?

You can check from the photos and video.

[Video]

[Photos]

Bryce
Bryce

No this won't be covered under warranty as it clearly states in the user guide (page 24) that the group handle is not dishwasher safe.

BrianJ541

What i’m talking about is “Stainless part” of metal melt not plastic part. Metal part is supposed to be designed to sustain from high pressure and temperature. As you may see from the video and photo, that seems like cheap paint (or ink) makes the part look shiny. That is my whole point regardless of little text somewhere written in T&C which barely visible to customer, which is really bad user experience as well. Thanks for reminding of it, but still doesn’t answer my question. Are you from Sunbeam?

BrianJ541

Happy to go with fair trading and as per analysis on the material (hopefully its not dangerous one like Chromium) for further investigation by relevant body.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi BrianJ541, I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

gizmo7
gizmo7

I looked at your photos.
It is not a stainless part, it is aluminium.
Aluminium is NOT dishwasher safe. You have washed the aluminium in a strong alkaline solution which has caused the darkening of the surface.
All is not lost. If you use a cream cleanser like jif, and a gentle scouring pad, you can clean off the tarnished surface to reveal clean aluminium underneath.
Don't wash it in the dishwasher again.

Personally I don't like that the filter holder is aluminium. I would buy a machine with a chrome plated brass filter holder, like commercial machines. But they are not dishwasher safe, either.

Arzum C.
Arzum C. · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

I have the same problem as 95% of others here. My machine about 2-3 months old. I loved it until last night and am looking after it like my baby. Now, no coffee is poring out. I’ve cleaned the whole machine thoroughly. The grouphead runs water through it when the basket is empty but nothing comes out when I put coffee in it. I’ve purchased new coffee beans and changed the grind the coarsest setting and yet nothing. Not knowing is driving me crazy. Please help! Have I just wasted $500?

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Arzum C, I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

Jade G.
Jade G. · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

Hi there,
We have had our machine for roughly 8ish months and the water pressure has become very low. It barely pushes the coffee out (just a slow few drops) and nothing like a full shot anymore. I have tried running a cleaning cycle which helped for one shot but then went straight back to the low pressure? Please help!

Joshua J.
Joshua J.

You might be tamping your coffee grinds with too much pressure or grinding the beans too small.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Jade G, Can you try making it a courser grind your grinding might be to fine which could be causing your issue. Also try not tampering as hard. And let me know how that goes.

sian
sian · Barista Max EM5300K (Black)

I made a coffee this morning like usual but when I went to turn it on again to make another one at lunch time, the machine won't turn on at all. It's plugged in and on at the wall, I have even tried different outlets but still nothing. Please help

Sunbeam   DM

Hi Sian, I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Select a listing for your question
Sunbeam Barista Max EM5300K (Black)