2Sunbeam Barista Plus EMM5400BK

Sunbeam Barista Plus EMM5400BK Questions & Answers

Gurphal K.
Gurphal K. · Barista Plus EMM5400BK

Can this machine also make hot chocolates or does it only make coffee?

Michelle Nathan
Michelle Nathan

Hi, it only has a coffee bean grinder but I just froth milk & make hot chocolates like that with chocolate powder.

Darran N.
Darran N. · Barista Plus EMM5400BK

my machine has just started to stop when the pour cycle is at 7 seconds and all lights start flashing same happens with steaming milk

Marci

Check the book or contact Sunbeam

It JUST happened to me - I was out of water
Check your water level
If it's not resolved, ring Samsung

skeeta9027
skeeta9027 · Barista Plus EMM5400BK

The clean button won't stop after I've filly descaled machine

Marci

What Brand, model is your machine

Sunbeam 1300 881 861
I'm guessing you did the Steam descaling as well as the group head.
My suggestion would be to contact Sunbeam
I mentioned in my review, I haven't done the automatic cleaning yet

Katarina J. · Barista Plus EMM5400BK

We have had our Sunbeam Barista Plus for 2 months now and haven’t had any issues until today, when the espresso stopped pouring midway and all the lights started flashing and the machine started beeping. We have read the user manual and tried everything suggested in there - cleaning cycle, descaling cycle, using less grinds, using finer/coarser grinds etc. Have also reset the settings and turned the machine off and on at the wall. Even when we run just hot water through the group head, the pour stops midway and the lights start flashing and the machine starts beeping. Being a long weekend, I can’t call Sunbeam for a couple of days. Has this happened to anyone else? Is there anything else I could try?

Oncew bitten twice shy
Oncew bitten twice shy

Same happened to me, mines just out of warranty and Sunbeam has wiped their hands, a bloody expensive mistake buy!!

Jamie L.
Jamie L.

Mine is a week old and has started doing this. I haven’t been able to find what it means in the manual. Did this issue ever get resolved?

Katarina J.

Fortunately we were within the warranty period so I called Sunbeam and explained the issue, and they advised me to return it to the store that I bought it from, which let me choose a replacement or refund. I followed the troubleshooting advice that Sunbeam gave but none of it worked.

Rock666 · Barista Plus EMM5400BK

Hi
I brought my Sunbeam Barrister plus Espresso machine 1 week ago. The blue light is flashing and it's now wanting me to clean it .
I can't seem to find the Sunbeam Cleaning tablets and descaling tablets anywhere .
Can someone please tell me what ones I need for this model mahine EMM5400 ?
Thanks in Advance

Denise M

I bought same machine from JBHifi & they had cleaning tabs near their coffee machines for sale. Expensive though, so I ordered a large quantity of generic cleaning tabs (for sunbeam, breville, etc) on EBay. The ones I got are Cafetto S15 Expresso Machine Cleaning Tablets - I got 100 for about $24 from memory. Work fine & do the job.

Denise M

Oh, I also bought same brand descaling powder at the same time, but haven’t used yet - that’s a next month job. Hope that helps.

Thanks so much.
I just wish they had told me i needed these when I brought my machine and then I could have brought the cleaning and descalling tablets then and there .

Mark
Mark

You should not see the clean light after a week of use. I would keep an eye on the machine and contact Sunbeam if the problem continues. I had an issue only after a month and got a replacement.

Thanks For Your help
I contacted Sunbeam again today and got the same guy as the other day.
After working through the language barrier they have agreed to replace my machine.
They advised the Cleaning light should not come on until about 200 coffee's.
Hopefully the replacement machine has no issues.

Sunbeam
Sunbeam   DM

Thank you for updating your question, Rock666. Please do contact us if you have any further questions.

Lisa
Lisa

Had our machine for exactly 1 week and the blue clean light is on. How ridiculous we have made less than 1kg worth of coffees. How can it need cleaning already?. If this is ongoing it will cost an arm and a leg to maintain. How clever sunbeam you make $$$$$ extra on the excessive cleaning requirements.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Select a listing for your question
Sunbeam Barista Plus EMM5400BK