2Sunbeam Belle-Aqua Kettle KE7110

Sunbeam Belle-Aqua Kettle KE7110 Questions & Answers

VerifiedMPNs:356796 and KE7110
Cheated
Cheated

is the handle on this kettle stainless steel as well. Have had a metal Sunbeam kettle with a plastic handle )(Alinea model) snap - making it unsafe?

Trichelle C.
Trichelle C.

Is the kettle bpa free?

Kevin T.

Hi we have one of these Sunbeam kettles. In fact this is our second but unfortunately might have to be our last. Both have had the same fault which happened very soon after buying it. We need to use a knife to open the pop top lid. It is a shame because we are happy with it otherwise but we can’t fix it and it is just too frustrating.

Kevin T.

Can it be fixed? Is it possible to replace the lid?

Geoff C
Geoff C

Hmmmm. We've not had that problem at all, and both are still going strong after years. The little "open" catch on top just slides back towards the handle 2mm or so and that releases the catch and lids opens perfectly. All I can think is if you're not pulling catch horizontally that 2mm and are just trying to pull the catch straight up? Otherwise, sorry, no idea

Jim from Castle Hill

Had two of these… never had a problem with the lid catch, even after several years of intense use. Only issue we had is heat-stress cracking in the water level window

Jim from Castle Hill

I just opened mine a few times. I tend to slide the lid catch backwards applying a SMALL amount of DOWNward force, then rotate the lid open only once the lid catch is all the way back. So I am concurring with Geoff C above.

And I doubt if it is repairable. The hinge/lock mechanism is built into the plastic piece that joins to the double wall of the jug. Sunbeam would not try to repair it if still under warranty… they would just send a full replacement.

You could just try sanding or whittle-ing the end of the sliding plastic strip that locks the lid down until it doesn’t lock at all. That is what I would do.

Kevin T.

Hi. We must have different model. On ours it is a push button not a slide.

LTB

Purchased the Bella-Aqua 3 weeks ago from Good Guys Brighton. Happy with look and quick boil but just noticed it has discoloured on the inside of the base. Stainless steel shouldn’t discolour esp. after 3 weeks. I will take it back to retailer tomorrow

Sunbeam   DM

Hi LTB, Did you need me to assist you with anything?.

LTB

Have you had similar problems with this kettle? I am assuming Good Guys will replace it but not sure whether to get same kettle. It looks like it has corroded. But kettle is only 3 weeks old.

Sunbeam   DM

Hi LTB, No not that I am aware of. If you take the kettle back with your proof of purchase to Good Guys they will be able to assist you.

Thanks. Will do.

Pamja
Pamja

Our kettle leaks below the spout & around the bottom which is very dangerous, a replacement or money back would be appreciated thanks

Sunbeam   DM

Hello Pamja, Sorry for the inconvenience, if you can please return it to your retailer they will be able to replace that for you on the spot. All Sunbeam products come with a 12 month replacement warranty.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Extra Information