Sunbeam Sleep Perfect

Sunbeam Sleep Perfect (page 2 of 8)

Queen (BL5151), King (BL5171), Single (BL5121), etc...

Electric Blankets & Heated Throws Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of electric blanket or heated throw would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

3.3

HMac1

HMac1Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very good electric blanket

I've been very happy with this electric blanket since I bought it, and have used it all winter. It fits my high mattress, which has a pillow-top layer, with no problems. The dual controls allow both sides to be set differently, or just one side turned on if necessary. It has the usual variable heat settings, and a basic timer that allows it to turn off automatically after two hours. I use this timer regularly so that I can go to bed with my bed warmed up and electric blanket still on, but not wake up hours later overheating with the blanket still on. It was reasonably priced, and is a good, basic electric blanket.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review HMac1!!

Davo 767

Davo 767Southwest, VIC

Double Bed discontinued ??

Bought at the best price from The Good Guys (Geelong) and so far very pleased with the blanket. Has a good feature of "turbo" heat-up in 15 mins, great if you are home late or forget to switch it on. Only use the heat for warm up and not during the night. Auto switch off after 65 mins which is a good safety feature. So far am pleased with the product.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

HI Davo767, so happy you like the blanket and the timer means you can drift off warmly to sleep without worrying to switch it off ......

cassurina

cassurinamorrinsville

good blanket

I had bought a new bed, a king single and needed a new electric blanket. At first i didnt like that the heat is mostly down at the feet, but after contacting sunbeam direct, i was assured they all are like this now. I have gotten used to it . So far ive had no trouble with the controller.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Electric Blankets & Heated Throws

Find out how Sunbeam Sleep Perfect compares to other Electric Blankets & Heated Throws

dylek

dylekmelbourne

SUNBEAM IS STILL CRAPPY

i thought after the Safe n Sound disaster SUNBEAM would've improved. searched here to see if i should chance another purchase. the number of stars has improved but reading through i see all the highest ratings are for new purchases. [if asked in the first few months i would've given 4 or 5 stars myself] the lowest ratings still complain about controller failures, so much for the many replies by SUNBEAM saying they would refer the problems to their technical department. i had 2 of them and all 4 controllers failed during the winters that they were on the beds or just wouldn't work the next time they were put on. the blankets are great, fitting easily and staying put. 4 x $75 + shipping NO THANKS
ANYBODY SUGGEST AN ALTERNATIVE?

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Nikkie

NikkieWarrnambool

Terrible!! 0 Stars!

This is the third time these electric blankets have stopped working. 3 electric blankets in 3 years. This is not good enough!!! Yes they are replaced under warranty but it's just ridiculous that we have to replace our electric blanket every year. Very disappointed!

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Lyn

LynGeelong

3 blankets in 2 years - controller faults

The controller has just faulted for a 4th time. We have had to return and exchange this blanket 3 times in 2 years. It’s a great warm blanket but the controls continuously faulting is a huge disappointment. Has anyone else had this problem? It’s April now and the last exchange was only just November last year.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

It was great until it stopped working just like others

12-18 months is avg lifespan of this product. If you don't mind taking the risk because it's on clearance go for it. But if you want a blanket that will last you many winters please don't waste your money. I feel stupid knowingly having read all the reviews that talk about the controllers failing and I ignored them because my old sunbeam blanket lasted over 10 years and I thought it wouldn't happen to me. But it did. Don't make the same mistake, don't buy sunbeam! PS sunbeam, please don't write a pat response that you appreciate the feedback and will forward to the 'xyz' team to look into - I would vomit all over my blanket. On second thoughts...

Date PurchasedMay 2016
cindy

cindy

if I could give zero stars, I would

Hmmm now I see that it's discontinued...I've bought two - both were duds. The controllers on both sides stopped working after a short amount of time (months, not years!). I thought sunbeam was a quality company - unfortunately the person I spoke to on the phone was one of the rudest people I've ever had the displeasure of talking to. Wish I never bought the second one, and won't buy another sunbeam product ever again after this experience. Considering the hefty price tag - it was only my blood that was boiling that kept me warm in the winter! Not this electric blanket.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Thi anh

Thi anhMelbourne

It is amazing

It saved our life during winter time. The temperature increase quickly and stable. I use level 2 qnd in mid night i feel hot. I use level 1 for my daughter one and she love it. One bad thing is the fabric cover the electric core become stains for long use

Date PurchasedFeb 2017

LadyOfThree

LadyOfThreeQLD, 4570

Keeps us cozy.

Bought this from target December 2016 on clearance for use this year and so glad I did. It kept me lovely and toasty in winter. It did not overheat and was firm fitting to the mattress (no sliding). It was easy to use with temp dials on both sides so he and she (or whichever combo) can choose their own temp.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
jji

jjiSydney, NSW

Sunbeam BL5151- queen electric blanket

Love this blanket as it's machine washable & can be tumble dried too! 9 heat settings so once you select yoir heat setting it senses & adjusts to the room & body temperatures. Dual controls, fitted blanket with no messy ties.

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Peter

PeterMelbourne

cozy and warm in my bed

I really like this electronic blanket. It's very easy to use and warm up very quickly. it's perfect fit to my bed and very comfortable to sleep on. I've used this product for this whole winter. I really love it.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
vimmy17

vimmy17Perth

Good Quality but temperatures can be a tad confusing to set

I bought this electrical blanket a couple of weeks ago. It was very easy to fit around the bed and was very good quality. I was confused about the temperature settings however, as they went up to 9. Didn't really know how hot it can potentially get with no approximate degrees on it. Other than that, it has a useful feature of settings of how long you would like the blanket to be on for. This is helpful as I sometimes forget to turn mine off! I would consider buying some for my kids as well.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Norma

NormaSydney

Who hates winter when you have a electric blanket

I have been using electric blankets for 20 years and only stick with sunbeam. You set the temp & duration and when your ready for bed beautiful......... I've only ever had one problem when it stopped working and I called them up and with no problem at all they replaced it. Good on you sunbeam

Date PurchasedJun 2014
Kiah

KiahGrantville

Quality made

I have gone through 2 electric blankets in a year. The problem with them is that they do not enclose the wiring so it cannot move. In contrast, Sunbeam wiring is fully enclosed by stitching all around making it impossible for the wires to touch. I will not purchase any other brand in the future,

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Jay

JayMelbourne

I can't live without it in winter!

I love this blanket, it has setting. From 0 to 9 to give you a range of desired temperatures. It also has a 72 min and 12 hour settings so never have to worry about leaving the blanket on.

Date PurchasedFeb 2017
Jane.J

Jane.JKimberly

Does the job

The blanket heats up quickly and is light. I put it on my sofa and it is comfortable as a blanket itself even when I don't turn it on. The controller is also quite sensitive which I'm pleased with.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Geoff Tyson

Geoff TysonWerrington County Sydney

My Winter Friend

I hadn't had an electric blanket since I was a kid and I can still remember the rather thick wires digging into you. This winter is particularly cold so I thought I'd go have a look at what they can do now. I was surprised at how they have changed in the 40 years I didn't have one. It has 9 heat settings and even warms your feet which is just wonderful. It also has a 3hr timer and 12 hour auto cut off which has come in handy when I have been late for work and forgot to turn it off which is often sadly. I highly recommend this product

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Sam

SamLaunceston, TAS

Generally a good blanket.

Date PurchasedJul 2014
Ostsee

OstseeSydney, NSW

Fast and Easy to Use.

I bought it last week and found it very good to use. The control is easy to use. Also it's took less than 3 minutes to get it totally warm up.

Date PurchasedAug 2017