Sunbeam Sleep Perfect Quilted Queen (BL5451)

Sunbeam Sleep Perfect Quilted Queen (BL5451)

MPNs: BL5451 and BL5451Q

Electric Blankets Buying Guide

Along with hot drinks and thick socks, electric blankets are one of winter’s most-loved creature comforts. If you’re looking for wraparound warmth that clings to you deliciously, an electric blanket or heated throw is a top pick.

Read now

3.5

MaM

MaMIllawarra, NSW

Super Sunbeam

Sunbeam Electric blanket out of warranty; one of the controls were faulty but Sunbeam sent me a new one. Absolutely impressed. This is the second item that Sunbeam have been so generous. No questions asked; just mailed another one directly to me at no cost either for the product or delivery.

Purchased in May 2020 at Sunbeam Australia.

Customer CareSunbeam

Happy to help!
Thank you for your awesome Feedback.

Jem

JemMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Was my best friend until it stopped working

Purchased at Costco SA, Adelaide.

GeoffLachlan, Tasmania. Australia

Sunbeam used to mean a quality product.

We have had this blanket for probably 18 months now. The controller on my side failed a few months ago. It works occasionally but mostly not. I wouldn’t buy another.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Geoff,
So sorry to her of this experience but All Sunbeam Blankets have a 3 year replacement warranty. You can return the blanket to your retailer for a new replacement.

Geoff

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I am unable to find the receipt so that rather precludes that option...

Electric Blankets & Heated Throws

Find out how Sunbeam Sleep Perfect Quilted Queen (BL5451) compares to other Electric Blankets & Heated Throws

too short a life for the price!!

I really loved it while it worked ..thought it was best I've ever come across. Well fitted and more comfortable with good features.. except didnt last more than a few of years.. For the high price it needs to be more durable please. I've since bought a Breville ... not nearly as neat re wires on the controls but hoping it lasts. Really preferred the Sunbeam design but it went bung! ...and I'm losing confidence in the brand.!

Date PurchasedMay 2016
annanutherthing
annanutherthing

i am so annoyed with the new Breville with ridiculous cumbersome
wires...but the different heat zones are good... wish Sunbeam would fix theirs?

Customer C.Sunbeam

hey Anna thanks for the info, we look at all the comments before we go into production each season and tweak our blanket designs and features.

NLB

NLBMelbourne

My wife loves it

Its very comfortable, heats up gently from top to toe. Would thoroughly recommend it to any one looking to replace on older style electric blanket. Fits mattress well and does not slip all over the place . Purchased at Harvey Norman Postcode 3121

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Peter

Peter

Can't wait for winter

I have used this last winter and early spring and have found that the electric blanket has been a blessing to me and my two kids. They climb into bed with me and and pa, and find the bed so nice and warm. Love my kids and my electric blanky.

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Jen C.

Jen C.Perth

Great quality and worth the price

I purchased this electric blanket on sale for $175. It heats up fast and has a couple different heat settings as well as a timer to auto turn off. This was the main draw card for me as I usually find once the bed is nice and warm I fall asleep quickly and don't want the blanket on the whole night. Overall it's been a great investment.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Lou C

Lou CBrisbane

Very nice quilting so you can't feel the wires

This blanket had the features I was after: a timer so I didn't accidentally leave it on and also thicker padding than other electric blankets as my old blankets wires felt uncomfortable. The control panel is very easy to use too. It gets very hot on the max temp of 6, so I only need it on about 2 each night.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
rollypolly

rollypollyAU

So far so good. I like this product

I purchased this product recently and have found it really good. This is the first electric blanket I purchased and I like it. The only annoying issue is when the blanket turns off it has a strong blue light. This can be negated by simply turning off the unit. I love the dual operation which allows different temperature on each side of the bed. I have found that overall this is a good product that has kept me toasty and warm on cold winter nights.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

Bec

BecGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Perfect!

I love this product! I have been using this for almost 1 year now, and never regretted my purchase, albeit a bit costly. I always turn it on 10 minutes before going to bed and come to a warm snuggly bed, soooo awesome! :D

Date PurchasedMay 2016
Sam L

Sam LSydney

Keeps me warm, not warm enough.

Love this blanket but aside from just being a normal blanket takes a bit to warm up and can't say it provides that much heat. Body heat generally will work better over time and so the electronic component is useful but not amazing. Don't know how much electricity cost will be overnight.

Date PurchasedJul 2010
Amanda Hunt

Amanda HuntMelbourne

Toasty toes!

I love ... no I mean LOVE my leccy blankie! The quick heat up and auto turn off after one or nine hours is great and a reassuring safety feature! No more cold toes and not only are my man and I happy but the cats are ecstatic!!! ;)

Date PurchasedSep 2016

MaddieSydney

What a dud!

Brendan K.Sunbeam
Maddie

Hi, thanks for your reply. I am just disappointed as I have always purchased only Sunbeam electric blankets and not happy as I don't feel confident in the quality of the product right now.

Robina

RobinaMurray Region, NSW

Fails too quickly.

I've bought Sunbeam for the last few years and, while they heat quickly and well, they break down relatively quickly too. I like them but having to strip the bed and return the product is a drag. When it gets cold, I just want to be able to trust the warmth of my bed..

Stay away from Sunbeam!

Here we go again - yet another Sunbeam electric blanket that has stopped working properly - after 12 months. And it is no use Sunbeam commenting on this post - as I have seen in other reviews. I have contacted Sunbeam and been told to wait until next season (6 months) for a replacement!!! Decidedly unhelpful.
This time the controls were OK but the connector socket seemed to be at fault on one side of the queen size bed. All troubleshooting, in the manual, was carried out - to no avail. Only by swapping controls did we fine the fault
it is a comfortable item to sleep on but that's all

See all Sunbeam Sleep Perfect Quilted reviews