Sunbeam Cafe Series Blenders

Sunbeam Cafe Series Blenders Questions & Answers (page 2 of 2)

PB9800, PB9600

30 questions from our users

stephanie.m

stephanie.masked

Cafe Series PB9800

For those who had the rust liquid leaking, does Sunbeam provide replacement parts if it's just out of warranty? I bought mine just over 12 months ago (in Jan 2014) and have never cleaned the blender in the dishwasher.

danvantariweb
danvantariweb

Here is Australia the part is not in stock so various places I have tried to buy it all contacted me to say it would not be available from Sunbeam for weeks.

I very much doubt they will replace the blade assembly under warranty.
It costs about $60 to get a new one from them when they have it.

It is definitely the blade assembly that leaks from its bearings under the jug -
though at first I thought it was coming out of the motor.

I have upgraded to a real blender http://www.froothie.com.au/store/froothie-blenders/optimum-9400
Good luck.

Michael
Michael

I doubt it. Cost Sunbeam too much. They should have put better parts in it in the first place, especially considering the cost.

CasQ
CasQ

I had the same problem, bought a red PB9800 in 2013, about a year ago it started leaking oil as described by others on this page. I rang Sunbeam, they wouldn't give me a new one as my blender was out of warranty. Why don't we all try a class action, if we all contact Sunbeam complaining about the $200 Blender that leaks oil after a year of use, they will have to do something about it.

Looking for Blenders?

Read the reviews for Mod Blend Pro

MissNut23

MissNut23asked

Cafe Series PB9800

I have heard the leaking problem is only happening to certain models, ie certain colours, due to a 'bad batch'. Can anyone tell me which colour their blender is and if it has the leaking issue?

Nicky
Nicky

I can only speak from the experience of ONE unit - it's the cafe series blender and the base is a matte grey in colour. (the blender itself is clear plastic.)

Sunbeam C.Sunbeam

Thanks for your inquiry. The PB9800 is normally very durable and gives few problems. Most leaking problems that we have investigated are caused by a damaged O-ring seal, loose blade retainer nut or due the blade assembly being cleaned in the dishwasher along with the jug; and this has caused deterioration of the bearing assembly.
Our recommendation is to only wash the blade assembly in hot soapy water.

Appliance Queen
Appliance Queen

I had no issues with my silver coloured base.

Marlies

Marliesasked

Cafe Series Blenders

Does this blender have a glass jug or is it a plastic one?

Plsm
Plsm

To quote the instruction manual it is constructed from an "ultra-durable PBA free material that is impact resistant and withstands cracking in the dishwasher for hundreds of cycles. It is also heat, stain an scratch resistant." So in answer to your question, it is plastic. It is quite thick, not flimsy. The blade can be removed from the jug for better cleaning and if you want to place it in the dishwasher. I only place it in the dishwasher once every 5 or so uses as the self cleaning mode is fantastic. We have been using this blender on most days since purchase (about 2 months) and it is not marked in any way. Really enjoying it.

Sunbeam C.Sunbeam

The jug is made of BPA free plastic and is more durable than glass jugs, although it may discolour over time, depending upon what ingredients are blended in it.

Ana

Anaasked

Cafe Series Blenders

When you make Green smoothies are there any bits left in it?This is while using the Sunbeam 2000 watt blender...please let me know people as I'm looking into buying this blender..

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Ana, perhaps you can contact our Consumer Support Team on 1300 881861 to assist you with your enquiry.

Eric
Eric

I have one it is very good. From my experience it does a great job and no little bits left. Remember the longer you let it blend the better. And don't make it too thick so the ingredients can flow easily.

laura.a.westbrook

laura.a.westbrookasked

Cafe Series PB9600

Is this the same lender as the Villaware Moderno pro 1000 watt? Villaware does not make them anymore and I would love to get another. The blade did break but it was a great blender for the price.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Laura.a.westbrook our new model PB9800 would be more like the villaware. Please see on our website.

Jane Peascarrotsandcorn

Jane Peascarrotsandcornasked

Cafe Series Blenders

Hello, I've just purchased this blender, filled it with fruit and veggies and all the lights are flashing and it is not turning on. Please help?

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Jane, could you please contact our Consumer Support line on 1300 881 861 for us to assist you further.

Looking for Blenders?

Read the reviews for Mod Blend Pro

Louis

Louisasked

Cafe Series Blenders

(1) What is noise level on high speed (RPM)?
(2) Does this blender grind well for nuts and seeds?
(3) Does this blend "green" smoothies well without lumps and gritties? Able to achieve perfectly smooth texture?

Harmony
Harmony

I don't know what the RPM is, you would need to look in to that, it is quite noisy but the cycles don't take that long. Aren't all blenders noisy? We have green smoothies most days with kale and seeds, there are some tiny weeny bits but really its not noticeable, my husband drinks it without complaining about "bits" and he would if it was an issue.. I think for the price range its as smooth as you are going to get. The preclean cycle is a bonus.

Jenine

Jenineasked

Cafe Series Blenders

Our blender has for some time been leaking liquid. I have used it as per the instructions and cannot work out how the tighten the mechanism? Helpful advice welcome.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Jenine, sorry to hear that your blender is leaking. So we can assist you can you please contact our customer care line on 1300 881 861 wher one our team will be happy to assit you.

Regards

Sunbeam Customer Care

michele ginesteasked

Cafe Series Blenders

is the machine make bread crom

Stuart Limbrick
Stuart Limbrick

I looked this up on the net with the following link: http://startcooking.com/how-to-make-bread-crumbs
They seem to answer the question as YES. It apparently requires just popping the bread through the top of the hole in the blender lid as it is running, to make fine bread crumbs. Any blender can do this. The Sunbeam is a very solid unit with a powerful motor, and capable of pulverising almost anything. Keep your hand over the lid or it will fly off if you are doing something like nuts or ice. I wouldn't suggest running it for over a minute at a time as the heat will build up in the cutter bearing shaft mechanism, and it might allow fluid through to rust the sealed bearings. This is what let me down with the unit I have........Stuart

Jo Masked

Cafe Series Blenders

Would this blender be good for grinding nuts and seeds and making flours?

terri777
terri777

The booklet says nuts can be chopped using the pulse action. It doesn't mention flour, but does say sugar can be ground to icing sugar. You could ask Sunbeam about flours. It might do it, just doesn't say.
I bought a $37 coffee grinder from Harvey Norman, and I use that for nuts to make flour.
Very quick and cheap.

Greenerrific
Greenerrific

Hi
I just tried it with about a cup and a half of walnuts to test it out and it didn't do a great job. It ended up throwing chunky bits to the side of the jug and the even after a couple of scrape downs it still wasn't consistent. I think it's really best suited to liquids. For nuts and all that grinding work I use a Breville Kitchen Wizz Pro, which is pricey but I figured I saved all that money not buying a Vitamix lol! Hope that helped :)

Jo M

Thank you both so much. That is very helpful. I might look into the coffee grinder. :)

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Sunbeam Cafe Series Blenders