Sunbeam Cafe Series

Sunbeam Cafe Series Questions & Answers

TA9400, TA9200, TA9400R, etc...

2 questions from our users

Trevor L.

Trevor L.asked

We have had a 4 slice Cafe Series for many years and it has never missed a beat. Great toaster. Recently however, the crumb tray won’t stay clicked in. I have tried clearing any obstructions and the clips appear fine. The toaster is still useable, but I would like to fix this. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Trevor - Sunshine Coast

DaveG
DaveG

Try checking in the tracks under the toaster and the latch. Then check the latches on tray are the same each said.

gaylene56asked

How much to replace a element in these toasters?
We have had our toaster for nearly 8 years with no problems but went to use it yesterday and as soon as I put the lever down it keeps flipping the safety switch so I m assuming one of the elements has gone.
I am not sure if its worth putting a new element in or just buying a new toaster as I assume the cost of the element fitted wont be that cheap.
The authorised repairer in my area is abit of a rip off and grumpy as well so I'm not real keen to take it there at all
Has anyone got any idea of prices?

ranimum

Hi, funny enough this happened to us just 2 weeks ago after we owned ours for couple of year stopped and tripped board too, what I did was disconnect from mains and then clean as best I could ( by turning upside down gently), getting a long narrow brush and in a sweeping motion near the elements and back of toaster cleaning it, this helped and it started working fine. If it doesn't then try selling it for parts on ebay / gumtree maybe and buy a new one,not worth repairing. Hope this helps, bye, Mona.

gaylene56

Hi thanks for that Mona as it turned out when my husband came home from work he actually gave it a clean out and it works fine so didn't have to replace or buy a new one :)

ranimum

@gaylene56, that's good to know !

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives