Sunbeam Cafe Series

TA9200, TA9205K, TA9205R, TA9400, TA9405K and 7 more

1 question from our users

gaylene56asked

Cafe Series

How much to replace a element in these toasters?
We have had our toaster for nearly 8 years with no problems but went to use it yesterday and as soon as I put the lever down it keeps flipping the safety switch so I m assuming one of the elements has gone.
I am not sure if its worth putting a new element in or just buying a new toaster as I assume the cost of the element fitted wont be that cheap.
The authorised repairer in my area is abit of a rip off and grumpy as well so I'm not real keen to take it there at all
Has anyone got any idea of prices?

ranimum

Hi, funny enough this happened to us just 2 weeks ago after we owned ours for couple of year stopped and tripped board too, what I did was disconnect from mains and then clean as best I could ( by turning upside down gently), getting a long narrow brush and in a sweeping motion near the elements and back of toaster cleaning it, this helped and it started working fine. If it doesn't then try selling it for parts on ebay / gumtree maybe and buy a new one,not worth repairing. Hope this helps, bye, Mona.

gaylene56

Hi thanks for that Mona as it turned out when my husband came home from work he actually gave it a clean out and it works fine so didn't have to replace or buy a new one :)

ranimum

@gaylene56, that's good to know !

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives