Sunbeam Classic Banquet FP5910

Nancy Lasked

What number heat setting is equivalent to 170 C for cooking a cake

Tiny

Tinyasked

I have a Sunbeam Glass top FP5920, it has numbers on the control, my question is what number is Medium as a lot of recipes call for this. Thanking you. Kath.

Dawn Lahner

Dawn Lahnerasked

I am using a recipe for braised short ribs, which needs to be cooked slowly on a low temperature. The food cooks quite rapidly looks like very high, then stops for quite a while, then starts up again. Surely this is not "cooking slowly on a low temperature" when it fluctuates so much? I also have to keep topping it up with water ....

Wasim S.

Wasim S.asked

Why there is not actual temperature control knob (e.g 220c or 230c) in frying pan and having normal minimum and maximum temperature knob ?

Paul

Paulasked

We have lost just the temperature indicator part of the control knob. Everything works but don’t have any indication of settings

Betty Wasked

When was Model FP5910 Type553 produced? I've had one for some years and it seems to have reached the end of its tether.
Betty W Donnybrook WA

Hi Betty W,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. Our FP5910 is still a current model and was introduced in 2010/2011. To check the age of your FP5910, please turn it upside down and go to where the control probe is plugged into the base unit. There will a number that is stamped/engraved or etched into the metal. This will be the year of manufacture for your unit. Kind Regards, Sunbeam

Betty W

Thank you for ypur advice. I found that piece of metal...….the numbers stamped into it were 007.
BettyW.

Hi Betty W,
The number 007 indicates a date of manufacture being 2007. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Stephen T.

Stephen T.asked

If my temperature controller is working (lights up) what could be wrong with the heating element?
It's a really old machine, model 069

Hi Stephen T,
I would say it would be the pan itself and not the controller.

Val

Valasked

What temp are the numbers 1 to 10

Becsta80

If you don’t have access to the manual google “sunbeam banquet control 1-10” it will tell you what they are. But low is 1 and high is 10 up to 200degrees. But you will need to adjust the controls based on what you are cooking and how is oven style versus frypan and having the lid on/off. I never read my manual I just winged it.

Hi Val
8- 185°C
9- 200°C
10-210°C

Qingzhu M.asked

I just purchased one, and noticed the silver colour seal paint on the bottom, surrounding the heating element, cracked open in some joints. I can see the metal heating element exposed.
Is it still safe to use, or be washed in the dishwasher?
Really need to know.
Should I just return?
Thanks for any opinions
Julie

Becsta80

I never washed mine in the dishwasher but if you are at all concerned I would take it back and swap it over.

Thanks! I’ll confirm with their customer service dept on Monday

Hi Qingzhu M.,
Thank you for your query. Please return the FP5910 to the store of purchase along with your purchase receipt.

Lyn

Lynasked

I am considering whether to buy this product or not, but, I want to know what the non stick surface is. I really do not want Teflon.

Becsta80

I don’t think it’s Teflon, but I found both the banquet cooker and we got the little skillet pan to both be great, and awesome for cooking pancakes really well.

Hi Lyn, Our banquet frypan surface is non-stick Teflon

Baker

Bakerasked

I have a sunbeam frypan with numbers instead of temperatures. Sunbeam please tell me why temperature the numbers refer to with the lid on?

Jojo M.
Jojo M.

The settings on the dial represent the following temperatures approximately.
Pre-heat your frypan on MAX setting then change to your desired setting.

MIN 50°C - 70°C Keeping food warm LOW
MIN/MED 80°C - 105°C Simmering, slow cooking
MED 120°C - 140°C Pan frying MEDIUM
MED/MAX 150°C - 175°C Shallow frying, roasting
MAX 190°C - 210°C Searing and sealing HIGH

Note: The temperature settings are a guide only and may require adjustment to suit various foods and individual tastes. When the dial is set to a MIN setting, it is quite normal for food to stop and start bubbling, as the thermostat maintains the selected temperature.

From the manual.

Sham N.

Sham N.asked

Can anyone please tell me how to wash this without a dishwasher coz I don't have one. I don't think I can take the pan off and if I put the whole thing in for washing, water might go into the socket where the control probe goes and it seems risky. Need help!

Dear Sham N.
Thank you for Contacting Sunbeam.
Please note that the frypan can be hand washed, it is not required to be put into a dishwasher only as not everyone owns a dishwasher.
The control probe will need to be removed prior to washing the frypan, please allow the pan to completely dry out with the probe socket facing down to allow all the water to drain out.
Should you require further clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us on: 1300 881 861.
Kind Regards

Adam31

Adam31asked

Has anyone else had issues with the temperature probe? I've had 2 of these now that have decided to start smoking and one actually explode. Why have these not been recalled? And I know I am not alone on this. They're accident waiting to happen.

Dear Adam31,
Please contact our Consumer Support Team on: 1300 881 861, for further assistance with your frypan cord.
Kind Regards

jessica08

jessica08asked

I can only use the thermostat control on my sunbeam Ellise stainless 15 inch rectangular frypan on 1 and even then the food will burn. Is there a problem with the control? Have always bought sunbeam products and this is the first time I have been disappointed in them.

SandyHarrod
SandyHarrod

Hi Jessica, I am not familiar with the Ellise, but assume it is like the other Sunbeam plug-in thermostats we had with numbers 1 to 10. Check that the number is lined up to the indicator (the red light or a raised triangle) - I have a second hand cheap pan that has the triangle off to the side and I often set it on the light (like the Sunbeam) and get 10 when I thought it was on 4. The other problem might be the dial is no longer fully engaged with the thermostat. If you can, take it to the store and see if Sunbeam will supply a replacement thermostat. We looked at getting one for our old Sunbeam, but it was just too old at over 20 years, and we liked the idea of non-stick.

Fritznsauce
Fritznsauce

It sounds like there is a problem with the thermostat. The heating element will only operate when switched on by the thermostat. Temperature control is achieved by cycling the element on and off. If it is like my old Sunbeam thermostat, you can hear it click as it switches on and off. If you can't hear it clicking it may be stuck on all the time. Or it could be that the knob has shifted on the thermostat spindle so that position 1 on the knob is not the true position 1 on the thermostat, but a higher temperature setting. Or if the knob spins freely and doesn't stop spinning, it may have become disengaged altogether from the thermostat spindle and the thermostat could be stuck on a high temperature setting. I would recommend that you try replacing the thermostat, and make sure that it is compatible with the fry pan.and that it matches the wattage of the heater element.

julielu
julielu

above official suggested that someone else might consider the purchase of a new control. If yours is under warranty it may be replaceable?

nedlear

nedlearasked

Is there a way to get a replacement lid and if so, how and how much would it be?

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Nedlear, The lid is available as a spare part (Part no is FP59102) This can be ordered by your nearest Sunbeam Service agent, who will advise on cost and availability. https://www.sunbeam.com.au/.../Service-Support/.

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives