Sunbeam Classic Banquet FP5910

Sunbeam Classic Banquet FP5910 (page 2 of 2)

MPNs: 1272, FP5910, GR8210FP5910 and JM4000FP5910

2.2

Tina

TinaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

NON STICK COATING PEELING

Loved this pan when I first had it. Found it great for doing large quantity of meals to freeze. On average would use it 2-3 times a month but now the non stick coating is peeling off the bottom and side. The pan is only 18 months old. Have never put it in the dishwasher and only used plastic or wooden utensils.Have recently had the Sunbeam wok, hoping it doesn't have the same problem.

SandyHarrod

SandyHarrodQld, 4650

Non-Stick coating fails

Maddie

MaddieSydney

Expected better

Impossible to get the temperature right on this. It has a temperature dial but basically operates on 2 temperatures, absolutely sizzling or completely dead.
If you turn the dial down it just stops cooking and then sometimes it will just start sizzling again by itself.
Also, the non-stick coating has begun to discolour after 2 months.

Electric Skillets and Woks

Find out how Sunbeam Classic Banquet FP5910 compares to other Electric Skillets and Woks

Fritznsauce

FritznsauceAdelaide

Terrible

Disapointing

Have used this heaps and been very disapointed - will now replace with something better quality. Heating is very uneven - presumably because it is so lightweight it cant distribute the heat. Either burns or undercooks depending on location in the pan! Surface is also poor quality and doesn't retain non stick.
Inexpensive
Uneven heating, surface poor quality

calinkal

calinkalWestern Australia, 6430

very poor quality

These things used to last a lifetime-we have had ours a few years and yeah it started out good. Now it only heats around the ring and the teflon is peeling off.
Really dissapointed and will not buy this model again. Mother in law not happy as she said it was the more expensive model and she still has hers from 30 years ago
large, good heat at first, like the lid.
just poor quality overall

PatrickLismore

So far very underwhelming

Patrick

Thankyou for your feedback I will do exactly as you have suggested but I am still skeptical because it is not much different to what I am doing now. :)

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Thank you and please advise.

majoritypink

majoritypinkHolmesville

Essential cooking equipment!!

I use this frypan most nights to cook in. This is the second one I have had with the first one lasting a few years. It is well priced at about $60 from Kmart. It is large enough to cook family meals in. It is non-stick and easily cleaned. The glass lid allows you to watch the food without having to remove the lid all the time. I love it!!
Easy, convenient, cheaper to run than the oven. Couldn't be without it!

yellowshoes55
yellowshoes55

Doesn't last. Two years and mine no longer heats properly. The element seems to be worn out already.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi Yellowshoes55, could you please contact us on 1300 881 861 to discuss purchasing another control as this is what could be causing your issue.

SunflowerBubBrisbane

large and very handy

I like this frypan, and we use it all the time. It's very versatile and we use it numerous times a week. However, it's not too non-stick anymore, and there are scratches on it, even though we have never used metal on it. We love the size of it, the fast heating up, the secure lid, and the easy wash-up. However, we don't like how the airvent on the lid is useless, it is not non-stick anymore, and the element runs around the outside of the pan so that the food in the middle doesn't really cook much, making it very uneven cooking.
large size and good stable lid
uneven cooking and not non-stick anymore

SunflowerBub

thank you, I will try that. :)

mickwhite

mickwhite

Excellent Item

This Electric Frying Pan is great. Heat up very quickly and good for cooking up for big serve. We have this for about 4 years. Wont say we use it every day but often enough. still in pretty good condition just not as non-stick as before. but so far i think it is pretty good.
good size and not too expensive
not as non-stick as before

thebadegg

thebadeggPhillip Island, Vic

Short term Appliance

hevan25

hevan25

Very dissappionted

Couldn't believe when the teflon started coming off less than 3 mths after buying it. Funny because it states you can even use metal utensils even thou I never did. Really went on the brand name with this and threw the box away thinking I'd never need it before the warranty ran out. Well its going back to the store today in a plastic bag.

Terrible quality

Awful!

Have had this pan for less than 6 months and the non-stick coating is no longer non-stick. Heating control is terrible. Element runs in a ring around the outside of pan and rest of pan does not get hot. Food ends up burning under the ring and being raw in other parts. Would never waste the money on one of these pans again.

Terrible heat control. Crap non-stick surface.

craftymumma

craftymummaQLD, 4055

dwalcroft
dwalcroft

with my pan it has developed fine cracks in the base and leaks during use. It's only twelve months old and out of warranty

beautyqueen

beautyqueenvic, 3824

Good

overall i love this skillet, it is so easy to use, i find it easy to clean, fits alot of food in it, cookes everything easily and perfectly, i also have an electric wok but prefer this one as it is more versatile
i like my sunbeam classic skillet, its great and fits so much in there so you can cook for a large croud, i find it cooks very well and you also get even cooking which is sometimes hard to get on the stove top
this product is quite bulky and heavy so be prepared for it to take up alot of space

totaltobie

totaltobie

This frypan is great for cooking roast dinners and large sized meals. It is simple to use. I found that I can only use it on a very low heat as it just gets too hot otherwise and you risk burning your food. I have noticed that shops usually have this frypan on sale every now and again so you should shop around before buying it.
Large size is great for cooking for a family as many products these days are just not big enough.
Can be hard to clean. I have no idea how it occured but our frypan is always greasy underneath it and no matter how hard I try to clean it it is always greasy.

crafteecc

crafteecc

Bad

I have been a Sunbeam purchaser for many years, but sadly will not buy another Sunbeam frypan again unless they do something about the handle. I am happy with the way it cooks, it is easy to come apart and clean and I have not had any problems with the cooking surface - pan is maybe 5 years old, but have only used it say once a month. I would most probably use it more often if only the handle did not get just too hot to touch. I am currently looking to replace this frypan.
easy to clean
handle gets way too hot to hold - need an oven mit, as a tea-towel is just not thick enough

Bad

We've had two of these frying pans now and, while they're a great size and the non-stick surface is excellent, after 10-12 months the teflon begins to deteriorate, and not long after it begins to rust. We always take care of our appliances, use soft utensils and hand wash with a cloth and warm water but despite this we've worn out two in two years and won't be buying another one.
Large size pan, good non-stick surface (while it lasts).
Non-stick surface isn't durable and doesn't last more than 12 months at most.

vavidi

vavidi

I don't fry a lot but I've never had a problem with this item. I take it outside to fry so as not to smell out the house, it's very easy to clean, it heats up quickly, it's great!
Great way of frying, easy to clean, can take it outside so as not to smell out the house!

patts