Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440

Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440 (page 2 of 2)

MPN: SEM0440

bigalgeorgeWaihi Beach

Great machine but quality issues in first months of use

MissLiv

MissLivSydney

Fantastic grinder!

Reliable and simple to use

We have had this grinder at home for over 12 months and it has been used every single day without any issues at all. We own our own espresso bar so know how a good coffee should be and this grinder gets pretty close to a commercial quality grind - so long as you keep the burrs cleaned regularly (weekly). Its a messy grinder for home use but at the price I won't complain.

Salt

SaltMelbourne

Poor design, manual and useless customer support

Failed on first use and no customer support without receipt

A friend gave me this product because he had two after getting one free with a new machine. The one he gave me was brand new and still in packaging. I assembled it and turned it on, but realised I'd forgotten to add rubbery arm. I turned it off to put the arm on and then it wouldn't turn on again. I took it apart and reassembled it several times but to no avail. I contacted customer service who advised they could not do anything without me having a receipt. Admittedly I haven't lost any money because this was a gift, but I have wasted an hour of my time and now this thing is going in the bin. Do not touch this product with a barge-pole. Never had a more shoddy experience in my life.

Donna Mineo

Donna MineoVictoria, Australia

Been used daily for 5 years - hasn't skipped a beat.

Broken after two uses

We recently bought the EM0440 coffee grinder as part of a deal at The Good Guys. We have used it twice. After that the button that starts the actual grinding of the coffee no longer worked when we attached the arm that the grinds would go into. We now have a coffee machine without a grinder. What a waste of money.

Shocking quality, broke after two uses.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi R Mc, could you please contact us on 1300 881 861 and our Coffee experts will be able to provide some troubleshooting.

R Mc
R Mc

Impressed with the Good Guys and Sunbeam. I have been told I can take it back and swop it.

Poor product

I bought one of these today 07/07/2013 brand new and I took it home looking forward to a better cup of coffee. I could hardly grind half a teaspoon of coffee grind with it as the coffee would not come out and it just built up in the been holder and around the burrs. I followed the assembly instructions in the booklet that came with it. Thinking I had done something wrong I emptied it and took out the top burr to check it, then re-assembled as per the instruction booklet. I then put beans into the hopper and retried to get it to work but to no avail. I got the same result as before.
I won't be buying this product again and will save to buy a decent grinder.

Doesn't work.

frumpyducky

frumpyduckyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Effective but messy

This grinder has now probably ground 3-4 shots of coffee every day for three years and really lends to making a good espresso, so it has been extremely reliable and not malfunctioned in any way. My only peeve is the amount of mess it makes and how much coffee stays stuck in the spout. A gentle thump or wibble of the grinder gets rid of most of this, but unfortunately it feels like such a waste of coffee. Also would be nice if it had a function that lets you set how much coffee to grind.
Effective, reliable.
Messy, but wasteful.

miserychick

miserychickBrisbane

Another negative Sunbeam experience

Turbo_Prop

I have found mine superb, from reading your review I tend to believe you either didnt use the machines properly or are just anti Sunbeam. Not a fair review.

Jamiebee
Jamiebee

The best Burr grinder on the market for under $100.

This grinder is absolutely fantastic! No mess, if you've had the rubber nozzle included which limits the grind mess to almost nothing. Produces a fantastic espresso grind (set to 11) and above average espresso with my Delonghi ECO310BK :)

Recommend to anyone who wants a good cafe style grinder, that doesnt want to settle for blade, and also doesnt want to splash out on a $200+ grinder! You'll get good, creamy espresso every time if you set your grind to 11, tamp properly, and dose the right amount of coffee into your Portafilter :D
Consistent grind, fast and easy, little to no mess (make sure the rubber nozzle is included), bang for buck!

NinaJay

NinaJayQLD, 4556

I would recommend this grinder to anyone. It is reasonably priced (but not super cheap) and it has worked really well over time. Holds a good amount of beans for home use and grinds on demand which I love.
Fantastic home grinder that has multiple settings (grind how you want, depending on what you are making the coffee with).
I love that it grinds on demand by simply laying the coffee basket/handle in it.
I really can't think of any. Ours is always messy but that is because coffee grinds are hard to clean up at the best of times!

toulouseletrek

toulouseletrek

Overall I think this is a fantastic grinder. You can almost set it up intuitively out of the box without reading the instructions. This is my first grinder (after previously using pre-ground beans) and the coffee tastes great. It has a ton of settings for how fine you want the grind depending on the use. I would recommend this machine to anyone.
So easy to use, looks great, nothing complicated about it. Works well every time.
None yet- though it was given to me as a gift so I don't know what the price was. Noise level can be a little loud sometimes, but then again you are grinding beans!

KerryS

KerryS

Good

I never knew I wanted a grinder until I used this, it grinds great coffee, which makes great coffee. I would heartily recommend it as a purchase.
An even grind is the result of this grinder, which produces perfect, well ground coffee, for a fantastic taste after brewing. It is so handy to be able to place the 'group head'(okay the thing that holds the ground coffee beans) directly under the grinder, and go straight to the expresso machine.
It does splay a little ground coffee under the grinder, and around the frame, so a little messy, but I can put up with that.

Zdenda

ZdendaAU

Perfect grinding machine that does not crash coffee beans, but really grind them to perfection

We own this machine for about 3 years and we used it minimum once a day.
It has variable grinding adjustment and we can finally have real good Turkish
coffee.
When it comes to hopper, if you call Sunbeam, they post you free plastic extension. I found it very practical. This stopped spill of coffee dust around my appliance cabinet. I thing, that the plastic extension should have been included in box, when I bought it.
This coffee grinder was obviously not designed for occasional use! This is everyday use item and that is the reason why you don’t have to clean it after every use.
Reliable real grinding machine with 24 setting adjustments
The plastic extension should have been included in box, when I bought it.

Grimace60
Grimace60

If you are talking about the little elbow that slips over the spout, I received one in mine when i bought it over a year ago.
Interesting that you missed out. It certainly does reduce spillage

ebonflow

ebonflowNSW, 2489

Grinds perfectly, but makes a hell of a mess!

Came free with my Sunbeam coffee machine (it's what sealed the deal when deciding which to choose).
You can easily change the grind size to suit. The coffee we get out is delicious with a rich crema.
But when grinding into the group handle the coffee goes everywhere!! Our bench is constantly covered with ground coffee.
good grind, great coffee
It's messy

Turbo_Prop

Interesting mine doesnt go everywhere, the odd bit on the bench but not how you describe. Goes very well into the group handle. And i dont use the nozzle.

Stewart459

Stewart459

• Selected Review

Good grinder but poor hopper and messy

Vegemum

I wholeheartedly agree with your review!

VegemumNSW, 2484

Just okay...

Brendan K.Sunbeam

See all Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440 reviews

Thomas S-P

Thomas S-Pasked

How do the beans get from the hopper to the grinders? I cannot open the clear plastic blockers between hopper and grinders. Is my alignment of white marks correct when the hopper slots onto the grind collar? In five hours I haven not ground one single bean yet.

Christine
Christine

Sorry Thomas to hear of your problems I don’t have this grinder anymore, I took back to Hervey Norman and upgraded to a Baratza, which gives me more pleasure to use, not to mention a better coffee.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Thomas S-P,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. If the hopper is locked into position correctly and securely, the hopper gates (at the bottom of the hopper) should open up. When it is turned - the spring connection pulls the gates open and closed. You can see this happen by putting the hopper on without any beans or lid. Kind Regards Sunbeam

Cam

Camasked

Hello, we recently purchased a Sunbeam EM6910 coffee machine and the conical burr grinder. I was wondering what the best setting on the grinder was for this type of machine? I know their are many variables in play here but I wanted a starting point.
Cheers

Chris4394

I've had my grinder for about 4-5 months now and I'm still adjusting it. as a start, for a home machine I recommend starting with 14 and moving your way back to 12, using taste as your guideline. Always remember to tap the top of the grinder after each grind to get rid of stale grinds that might get stuck in the burrs. Another suggestion: stay away from supermarket beans if you can. Find a local coffee shop that sells their roasts and you will notice a huge difference in taste and texture of your espresso. Enjoy and hope you can produce great coffee!

TinBum

TinBumasked

I was recently given a used EM0480 coffee grinder. Maybe it's just me but there seems to be something wrong with it. Although the gind is good it is so slow that it is not worth using. About 3-5 mins for a double shot. Anybody have any ideas?
The only other burr grinder that I use occasionally takes only 10-15 seconds to do the same amount.
I don't feel that I can ask the person who gave it to me as she may think I'm ungrateful.

Chris4394

That's definitely faulty. my EM0440 grinds a double shot on setting 12 in around 8-9 seconds...

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

Download manual