Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440

Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440 (page 2 of 3)

MPNs: 2327, EM0440 and SEM0440

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Vicky H.

Vicky H.North East Victoria

The grind is too coarse

Recently brought an EM7100 coffee machine, and went back yesterday and purchased the EM0440 grinder. The grind is just coming out too coarse. On every setting, the grind is the same. I pulled it apart twice, and put it together again after reading some reviews. I cannot get the grind any finer. It will be getting returned to Harvey Norman. Extreamly disappointed.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Find out how Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440 compares to other Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Excellent.. but beware of setting up the burrs correctly

A really great product when set up correctly. At first the grind was too course regardless of setting even though I had set up the machine as directed in the instructions. After reading other reviews I decided to take the machine apart and put it back together.. worked great the second time around producing a fine powder perfect for my espresso machine. If not for that initial issue, easily a 5 star machine.

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Frank Li

Motor runs but burr doesn't move

Purchased from AppliancesOnline, received it today. Followed instructions to put it together but It doesn't work at all. I can hear the motor sound which suggest the motor is runs but the burr doesn't seem to move at all, no matter what setting it is at. The beans are not being ground.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Frank Li

Turned out the grinder was damaged in transit, refunded by ApplicancesOnline, later bought same model from the good guys and it works good.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Best coffee machines in 2020!

The awards for best coffee machines (manual/semi-automatic, capsule/coffee pod and fully automatic) of 2020 are here! View in-depth ratings for different aspects of the coffee machine, such as Milk Frothing and Cleaning & Maintenance.

Wendy Z.5 Nov 2019
best-coffee-machines-in-2020

Easy to use, makes great coffee

I have to say, this machine makes great coffee. I've been using a German made hand grinder for years. Thought an electric grinder would save time but was surprised to discover it does an even better job of grinding coffee than even the German hand grinder. My coffee actually tastes better! Adjustment and control is a breeze with the accurate dial ring and push button start/stop. Easy to disassemble and clean - once I learned how to do it. Saves so much time and has a well made Italian burr. I recommend the suggestion below of grind-tamp-grind-tamp to avoid making a mess. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy and tidy. I just hope it's reliable. Had it three months so far with no sign of issues.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Phil

Phil

I love this grinder

I've had my EMO440 for about a month now and I couldn't have expected more from a machine designed for home use. Like anything there has been a learning curve, but definitely nailed it now. My friend bought a Fiorenzato and paid $1200.00 for it and I haven't had the heart to tell him, "my coffee is equally as good". Oh and I should mention the bonus. I'm using half as much coffee as I was with my old grinder. Saving four or five bucks a week, it will have paid for itself in about 20 weeks.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Agro

AgroCentral West, NSW

Don't waste your money

Thought I'd go with a well known brand believing tis better to buy quality to avoid problems - boy was I wrong. No matter how I tried could not get the machine to cut any finer than super coarse. no adjustment ... threw it in the garbage in disgust.. don't waste your money

Juan

JuanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent grinder and a cheap entry price for a first time buyer!

Oxy

OxySydney

Practice makes perfect

bigalgeorgeWaihi Beach

Great machine but quality issues in first months of use

MissLiv

MissLivSydney

Fantastic grinder!

Reliable and simple to use

We have had this grinder at home for over 12 months and it has been used every single day without any issues at all. We own our own espresso bar so know how a good coffee should be and this grinder gets pretty close to a commercial quality grind - so long as you keep the burrs cleaned regularly (weekly). Its a messy grinder for home use but at the price I won't complain.

Salt

SaltMelbourne

Poor design, manual and useless customer support

Failed on first use and no customer support without receipt

A friend gave me this product because he had two after getting one free with a new machine. The one he gave me was brand new and still in packaging. I assembled it and turned it on, but realised I'd forgotten to add rubbery arm. I turned it off to put the arm on and then it wouldn't turn on again. I took it apart and reassembled it several times but to no avail. I contacted customer service who advised they could not do anything without me having a receipt. Admittedly I haven't lost any money because this was a gift, but I have wasted an hour of my time and now this thing is going in the bin. Do not touch this product with a barge-pole. Never had a more shoddy experience in my life.

Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440

Why is my grinder making a loud noise?

Check for any blockages.

My coffee gets caught in the chute and sprays everywhere, what should I do?

Clean the residue from the chute. Try grinding into a container closer to the spout, then pour into the group handle. This will catch the grinds which are statically charged and going in all directions.

Why is there no difference to my grind despite adjusting the settings?

Check the grinder burr is seated properly.

My burrs are not aligned, how do I fix it?

Make sure everything is clean, with no obstructions.

How do I achieve consistency in my grind?

1. Use beans from the same brand, blend and volume. Ensure beans are fresh before use.
  2. Make sure all parts are clean before each use.
  3. Experiment with the amount of time in which you grind the coffee beans.
  4. Over time as blades start to wear, slowly adjust your grinding time.

Latest Consumer Questions

Geoff asked

I bought two grinders one for normal coffee one for decaf. The decaf will only do a course grind, no matter what setting, I have disassembled it and checked all assembly against the correctly operating grinder, but can only get a course grind. Whats happening?

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi Geoff,
Firsty can I ask how old is the grinder?.

Two weeks

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi Geoff,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

Swivelfish

Swivelfishasked

Was just cleaning the burrs....I have accidentally placed and turned the collar on my grinder before replacing the hopper.Now it is stuck tight, the lock button is depressed and I cannot move it or remove it to put the hopper on. How can I remedy this please!

Model EM0440

John K

John Kasked

on my grind fresh clean and put head back on turn half way round and has jammed

See all Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440 questions

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryCoffee Grinders / Roasters