Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440

Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440 (page 3 of 3)

MPNs: 2327, EM0440 and SEM0440

Donna Mineo
Donna MineoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Been used daily for 5 years - hasn't skipped a beat.

Broken after two uses

We recently bought the EM0440 coffee grinder as part of a deal at The Good Guys. We have used it twice. After that the button that starts the actual grinding of the coffee no longer worked when we attached the arm that the grinds would go into. We now have a coffee machine without a grinder. What a waste of money.

Shocking quality, broke after two uses.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi R Mc, could you please contact us on 1300 881 861 and our Coffee experts will be able to provide some troubleshooting.

R Mc
R Mc

Impressed with the Good Guys and Sunbeam. I have been told I can take it back and swop it.

Andy
AndySouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor product

I bought one of these today 07/07/2013 brand new and I took it home looking forward to a better cup of coffee. I could hardly grind half a teaspoon of coffee grind with it as the coffee would not come out and it just built up in the been holder and around the burrs. I followed the assembly instructions in the booklet that came with it. Thinking I had done something wrong I emptied it and took out the top burr to check it, then re-assembled as per the instruction booklet. I then put beans into the hopper and retried to get it to work but to no avail. I got the same result as before.
I won't be buying this product again and will save to buy a decent grinder.

Doesn't work.

Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Find out how Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440 compares to other Coffee Grinders / Roasters

frumpyducky
frumpyduckyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Effective but messy

This grinder has now probably ground 3-4 shots of coffee every day for three years and really lends to making a good espresso, so it has been extremely reliable and not malfunctioned in any way. My only peeve is the amount of mess it makes and how much coffee stays stuck in the spout. A gentle thump or wibble of the grinder gets rid of most of this, but unfortunately it feels like such a waste of coffee. Also would be nice if it had a function that lets you set how much coffee to grind.
Effective, reliable.
Messy, but wasteful.

miserychick
miserychickBrisbane

Another negative Sunbeam experience

Turbo_Prop

I have found mine superb, from reading your review I tend to believe you either didnt use the machines properly or are just anti Sunbeam. Not a fair review.

Jamiebee
Jamiebee

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Best coffee machines in 2020!

The awards for best coffee machines (manual/semi-automatic, capsule/coffee pod and fully automatic) of 2020 are here! View in-depth ratings for different aspects of the coffee machine, such as Milk Frothing and Cleaning & Maintenance.

Wendy Z.5 Nov 2019
best-coffee-machines-in-2020

The best Burr grinder on the market for under $100.

This grinder is absolutely fantastic! No mess, if you've had the rubber nozzle included which limits the grind mess to almost nothing. Produces a fantastic espresso grind (set to 11) and above average espresso with my Delonghi ECO310BK :)

Recommend to anyone who wants a good cafe style grinder, that doesnt want to settle for blade, and also doesnt want to splash out on a $200+ grinder! You'll get good, creamy espresso every time if you set your grind to 11, tamp properly, and dose the right amount of coffee into your Portafilter :D
Consistent grind, fast and easy, little to no mess (make sure the rubber nozzle is included), bang for buck!

NinaJay
NinaJayQLD, 4556

I would recommend this grinder to anyone. It is reasonably priced (but not super cheap) and it has worked really well over time. Holds a good amount of beans for home use and grinds on demand which I love.
Fantastic home grinder that has multiple settings (grind how you want, depending on what you are making the coffee with).
I love that it grinds on demand by simply laying the coffee basket/handle in it.
I really can't think of any. Ours is always messy but that is because coffee grinds are hard to clean up at the best of times!

toulouseletrek
toulouseletrek

Overall I think this is a fantastic grinder. You can almost set it up intuitively out of the box without reading the instructions. This is my first grinder (after previously using pre-ground beans) and the coffee tastes great. It has a ton of settings for how fine you want the grind depending on the use. I would recommend this machine to anyone.
So easy to use, looks great, nothing complicated about it. Works well every time.
None yet- though it was given to me as a gift so I don't know what the price was. Noise level can be a little loud sometimes, but then again you are grinding beans!

KerryS
KerryS

Good

I never knew I wanted a grinder until I used this, it grinds great coffee, which makes great coffee. I would heartily recommend it as a purchase.
An even grind is the result of this grinder, which produces perfect, well ground coffee, for a fantastic taste after brewing. It is so handy to be able to place the 'group head'(okay the thing that holds the ground coffee beans) directly under the grinder, and go straight to the expresso machine.
It does splay a little ground coffee under the grinder, and around the frame, so a little messy, but I can put up with that.

Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Zdenda
ZdendaAU

Perfect grinding machine that does not crash coffee beans, but really grind them to perfection

We own this machine for about 3 years and we used it minimum once a day.
It has variable grinding adjustment and we can finally have real good Turkish
coffee.
When it comes to hopper, if you call Sunbeam, they post you free plastic extension. I found it very practical. This stopped spill of coffee dust around my appliance cabinet. I thing, that the plastic extension should have been included in box, when I bought it.
This coffee grinder was obviously not designed for occasional use! This is everyday use item and that is the reason why you don’t have to clean it after every use.
Reliable real grinding machine with 24 setting adjustments
The plastic extension should have been included in box, when I bought it.

Grimace60
Grimace60

If you are talking about the little elbow that slips over the spout, I received one in mine when i bought it over a year ago.
Interesting that you missed out. It certainly does reduce spillage

ebonflow
ebonflowNSW, 2489

Grinds perfectly, but makes a hell of a mess!

Came free with my Sunbeam coffee machine (it's what sealed the deal when deciding which to choose).
You can easily change the grind size to suit. The coffee we get out is delicious with a rich crema.
But when grinding into the group handle the coffee goes everywhere!! Our bench is constantly covered with ground coffee.
good grind, great coffee
It's messy

Turbo_Prop

Interesting mine doesnt go everywhere, the odd bit on the bench but not how you describe. Goes very well into the group handle. And i dont use the nozzle.

Stewart459
Stewart459
  • Selected Review

Good grinder but poor hopper and messy

Vegemum

I wholeheartedly agree with your review!

VegemumNSW, 2484