Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440

Listing monitored by Sunbeam

ARC
ARC

Only worked for 1 year

Ground too coarse after 1 year of use and couldn't get it to grind fine coffee for a stovetop. Even put in 3 spacers as recommeneded but still it would not work properly. Waste of time and money. Bad product. Would not recommend, unless you're happy to buy a new one every year. Guess you get what you pay for....

Purchased in January 2018 for $100.00.

Customer CareSunbeam

A product that is faulty from the start

I bought this with a sunbeam espresso machine. Spent quite a few days trying to get the thing to grind correctly. Upon doing a little search on google I discovered that it is common for these grinders to not grind your coffee fine enough for an espresso machine as it should be coming with an extra washer. Sunbeam are aware of this also as when you call them they will send you an extra spacer to try fix the problem. So 3 calls later and a 3 weeks of waiting for the part to arrive, I add a spacer to find that it has changed nothing. Will be demanding my money back this week. Product should not be on the shelf.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

HI I.S, sorry to hear. It must be something else so yes, please return to store of purchase

Rubbish

Too coarse! dont waste your money. it will destroy your day as you will be drinking sandy coffee. I had to put my hand on top to push down to make it finer (the adjustment did not work properly). but it will not provide even fine coffee. so I gave up making my own coffee because this machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Find out how Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440 compares to other Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Vicky H.
Vicky H.North East Victoria

The grind is too coarse

Recently brought an EM7100 coffee machine, and went back yesterday and purchased the EM0440 grinder. The grind is just coming out too coarse. On every setting, the grind is the same. I pulled it apart twice, and put it together again after reading some reviews. I cannot get the grind any finer. It will be getting returned to Harvey Norman. Extreamly disappointed.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017
Frank Li

Motor runs but burr doesn't move

Purchased from AppliancesOnline, received it today. Followed instructions to put it together but It doesn't work at all. I can hear the motor sound which suggest the motor is runs but the burr doesn't seem to move at all, no matter what setting it is at. The beans are not being ground.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Frank Li

Turned out the grinder was damaged in transit, refunded by ApplicancesOnline, later bought same model from the good guys and it works good.

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Best coffee machines in 2020!

The awards for best coffee machines (manual/semi-automatic, capsule/coffee pod and fully automatic) of 2020 are here! View in-depth ratings for different aspects of the coffee machine, such as Milk Frothing and Cleaning & Maintenance.

Wendy Z.5 Nov 2019
best-coffee-machines-in-2020
Agro
AgroCentral West, NSW

Don't waste your money

Thought I'd go with a well known brand believing tis better to buy quality to avoid problems - boy was I wrong. No matter how I tried could not get the machine to cut any finer than super coarse. no adjustment ... threw it in the garbage in disgust.. don't waste your money

Brendan K.Sunbeam
Salt
SaltMelbourne

Poor design, manual and useless customer support

Failed on first use and no customer support without receipt

A friend gave me this product because he had two after getting one free with a new machine. The one he gave me was brand new and still in packaging. I assembled it and turned it on, but realised I'd forgotten to add rubbery arm. I turned it off to put the arm on and then it wouldn't turn on again. I took it apart and reassembled it several times but to no avail. I contacted customer service who advised they could not do anything without me having a receipt. Admittedly I haven't lost any money because this was a gift, but I have wasted an hour of my time and now this thing is going in the bin. Do not touch this product with a barge-pole. Never had a more shoddy experience in my life.

Broken after two uses

We recently bought the EM0440 coffee grinder as part of a deal at The Good Guys. We have used it twice. After that the button that starts the actual grinding of the coffee no longer worked when we attached the arm that the grinds would go into. We now have a coffee machine without a grinder. What a waste of money.

Shocking quality, broke after two uses.

Brendan K.Sunbeam

Hi R Mc, could you please contact us on 1300 881 861 and our Coffee experts will be able to provide some troubleshooting.

R Mc
R Mc

Impressed with the Good Guys and Sunbeam. I have been told I can take it back and swop it.

Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Andy
AndySouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor product

I bought one of these today 07/07/2013 brand new and I took it home looking forward to a better cup of coffee. I could hardly grind half a teaspoon of coffee grind with it as the coffee would not come out and it just built up in the been holder and around the burrs. I followed the assembly instructions in the booklet that came with it. Thinking I had done something wrong I emptied it and took out the top burr to check it, then re-assembled as per the instruction booklet. I then put beans into the hopper and retried to get it to work but to no avail. I got the same result as before.
I won't be buying this product again and will save to buy a decent grinder.

Doesn't work.

miserychick
miserychickBrisbane

Another negative Sunbeam experience

Turbo_Prop
Turbo_Prop

I have found mine superb, from reading your review I tend to believe you either didnt use the machines properly or are just anti Sunbeam. Not a fair review.

Jamiebee
Jamiebee

Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440

Why is my grinder making a loud noise?

Check for any blockages.

My coffee gets caught in the chute and sprays everywhere, what should I do?

Clean the residue from the chute. Try grinding into a container closer to the spout, then pour into the group handle. This will catch the grinds which are statically charged and going in all directions.

Why is there no difference to my grind despite adjusting the settings?

Check the grinder burr is seated properly.

My burrs are not aligned, how do I fix it?

Make sure everything is clean, with no obstructions.

How do I achieve consistency in my grind?

1. Use beans from the same brand, blend and volume. Ensure beans are fresh before use.
  2. Make sure all parts are clean before each use.
  3. Experiment with the amount of time in which you grind the coffee beans.
  4. Over time as blades start to wear, slowly adjust your grinding time.

Latest Consumer Questions

Geoff asked

I bought two grinders one for normal coffee one for decaf. The decaf will only do a course grind, no matter what setting, I have disassembled it and checked all assembly against the correctly operating grinder, but can only get a course grind. Whats happening?

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi Geoff,
Firsty can I ask how old is the grinder?.

Two weeks

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi Geoff,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

Swivelfish
Swivelfishasked

Was just cleaning the burrs....I have accidentally placed and turned the collar on my grinder before replacing the hopper.Now it is stuck tight, the lock button is depressed and I cannot move it or remove it to put the hopper on. How can I remedy this please!

Model EM0440

John K
John Kasked

on my grind fresh clean and put head back on turn half way round and has jammed

See all Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440 questions

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryCoffee Grinders / Roasters