Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440

Listing monitored by Sunbeam

ARC
ARC

Only worked for 1 year

Ground too coarse after 1 year of use and couldn't get it to grind fine coffee for a stovetop. Even put in 3 spacers as recommeneded but still it would not work properly. Waste of time and money. Bad product. Would not recommend, unless you're happy to buy a new one every year. Guess you get what you pay for....

Purchased in January 2018 for $100.00.

Clare G.
Clare G.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Does not burn coffee

Need to be prepared for loud noise. Keep the brush that comes with it as you will need it. I brush break off bits of beans from the burrs regularly to keep the grinder in top shape

Purchased in October 2017 at The Good Guys.

Hello Clare,
Thank you for your review and great tips!

irishpete
irishpete

Good while it lasted.

Purchased for $99.00.

Great value. Compliments my EM7000 perfectly. Best espresso ever.

All grinders and all espresso machines need to be cleaned regularly or they fail to satisfy. Fresh-ground beans are oily and sticky so will eventually clog up both machines. This grinder gets bad reviews when it has been assembled incorrectly. We had hiccups at first and now have a reliable routine that keeps it reliable. After a lot of use it did need the burrs re-shimmed and luckily we could do that. All burr grinders will eventually need this done.

Purchased at Second hand for $150.00.

tfe
tfe

Old dry supermarket beans will never produce great espresso. You must buy fresh-roasted beans for reliable results.

Hello tfe,
Thank you for the great review and helpful tips!

Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Find out how Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440 compares to other Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Jess
JessSydney, NSW

Sunbeam EM0440 Grinder Does Not Grind to Fine

Bought this grinder from Amazon. First time grind produced coarse coffee even though setting is fine grind. Sunbeam Customer Care sent two (2) washers but the grind is still not so fine. Another set of double washers was requested which I fitted under the burr. The grinder is now working fine with the added washers.

Purchased in January 2020 at Amazon for $69.00.

Hello Jess,
Thank you for your Feedback.

RedBren
RedBren

Good Value

Good value for the $’s. Not too noisy, grind is fine for filter coffee. Just ensure correct assembly after cleaning as per previous posts. Only downside is coffee grinds held in spout at end of grind - easily dislodged with a couple of taps (now part of my grind ritual).
Recommended

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $78.00.

Hello RedBren,
Thank you for your GREAT review!

A product that is faulty from the start

I bought this with a sunbeam espresso machine. Spent quite a few days trying to get the thing to grind correctly. Upon doing a little search on google I discovered that it is common for these grinders to not grind your coffee fine enough for an espresso machine as it should be coming with an extra washer. Sunbeam are aware of this also as when you call them they will send you an extra spacer to try fix the problem. So 3 calls later and a 3 weeks of waiting for the part to arrive, I add a spacer to find that it has changed nothing. Will be demanding my money back this week. Product should not be on the shelf.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

HI I.S, sorry to hear. It must be something else so yes, please return to store of purchase

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020
Award-winning-coffee machines in 2020!

The awards for top coffee machines (manual/semi-automatic, capsule/coffee pod and fully automatic) of 2020 are here! View in-depth ratings for different aspects of the coffee machine, such as Milk Frothing and Cleaning & Maintenance.

Wendy Z.5 Nov 2019
award-winning-coffee-machines-in-2020
Don fromthe West
Don fromthe West

Value for money

i had mixed thoughts about this product based on some of the less positive reviews but Sunbeam seem to have fixed up all the issues. I put it together without reading the instructions. Big tick. No need to assemble the grinding wheels - all done already. Another tick . Sunbeam have added a rubber (silicon) 45 degree nozzle to the hard plastic spout so 99% of coffee goes into the group. tick. Will check the grinding wheels to see if i have missed something but all seems to be wring well. It seems to be very good value for money.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Don!

Andrew Westcott
Andrew WestcottHobart, TAS

Average

It does the job. I'm sure there are better grinders that are more consistent. But it is cheap and effective enough for the purpose. It is however poorly designed. Quite an amount of grind stays behind inside and builds up on itself unless the machine is shaken or bashed, or a brush is inserted to get at the grounds. Maybe a little too compact? Particularly messy when coming out. Static maybe?

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Hi Andrew Westcott,
Grinders do tend to be a bit messy when grinding, always looking at ways to improve our products so thank you, we will take on board...

Rubbish

Too coarse! dont waste your money. it will destroy your day as you will be drinking sandy coffee. I had to put my hand on top to push down to make it finer (the adjustment did not work properly). but it will not provide even fine coffee. so I gave up making my own coffee because this machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
GourmetEngPerth
GourmetEngPerthPerth

Excellent Value - 3 WEEK UPDATE

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Vicky H.
Vicky H.North East Victoria

The grind is too coarse

Recently brought an EM7100 coffee machine, and went back yesterday and purchased the EM0440 grinder. The grind is just coming out too coarse. On every setting, the grind is the same. I pulled it apart twice, and put it together again after reading some reviews. I cannot get the grind any finer. It will be getting returned to Harvey Norman. Extreamly disappointed.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Frank Li

Motor runs but burr doesn't move

Purchased from AppliancesOnline, received it today. Followed instructions to put it together but It doesn't work at all. I can hear the motor sound which suggest the motor is runs but the burr doesn't seem to move at all, no matter what setting it is at. The beans are not being ground.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Frank Li

Turned out the grinder was damaged in transit, refunded by ApplicancesOnline, later bought same model from the good guys and it works good.

Easy to use, makes great coffee

I have to say, this machine makes great coffee. I've been using a German made hand grinder for years. Thought an electric grinder would save time but was surprised to discover it does an even better job of grinding coffee than even the German hand grinder. My coffee actually tastes better! Adjustment and control is a breeze with the accurate dial ring and push button start/stop. Easy to disassemble and clean - once I learned how to do it. Saves so much time and has a well made Italian burr. I recommend the suggestion below of grind-tamp-grind-tamp to avoid making a mess. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy and tidy. I just hope it's reliable. Had it three months so far with no sign of issues.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Phil
Phil

I love this grinder

I've had my EMO440 for about a month now and I couldn't have expected more from a machine designed for home use. Like anything there has been a learning curve, but definitely nailed it now. My friend bought a Fiorenzato and paid $1200.00 for it and I haven't had the heart to tell him, "my coffee is equally as good". Oh and I should mention the bonus. I'm using half as much coffee as I was with my old grinder. Saving four or five bucks a week, it will have paid for itself in about 20 weeks.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016