Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440

Listing monitored by Sunbeam

m.dawes
m.dawesGippsland, VIC

Minimal fuss grinder

Purchase as a price match at around $90, I am pleased with its ability and ease of use. It comes with a few accessories that I don't really use if I'm going to be honest but good to have none the less.

Purchased in November 2020 at Harvey Norman for $90.00.

ARC
ARC

Only worked for 1 year

Ground too coarse after 1 year of use and couldn't get it to grind fine coffee for a stovetop. Even put in 3 spacers as recommeneded but still it would not work properly. Waste of time and money. Bad product. Would not recommend, unless you're happy to buy a new one every year. Guess you get what you pay for....

Purchased in January 2018 for $100.00.

Customer CareSunbeam
Jess
JessSydney, NSW

Sunbeam EM0440 Grinder Does Not Grind to Fine

Bought this grinder from Amazon. First time grind produced coarse coffee even though setting is fine grind. Sunbeam Customer Care sent two (2) washers but the grind is still not so fine. Another set of double washers was requested which I fitted under the burr. The grinder is now working fine with the added washers.

Purchased in January 2020 at Amazon for $69.00.

Customer CareSunbeam

Hello Jess,
Thank you for your Feedback.

MicemeatHobart, TAS

Auto Grinder

Great grinder, makes it easy and fresh!
Easy to setup, nice adjustment for grind consistency and work well.

However can be messy at times, comes with a nozzle to aim and improve lost coffee/spread however even so still makes a large mess of coffee grind around the unit.

Ordering a metal peace that makes the coffee head wider and taller to prevent this from happening.

Purchased in December 2018.

Micemeat

Static it is for sure, This has however happened since new, I will give this a go, when I have a chance.

Thanks,
Jordan.

Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Find out how Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440 compares to other Coffee Grinders / Roasters

ChristineFar North Queensland, QLD

Second Sunbeam Grinder, it's performing well.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $99.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Christine, thank you for the review, we value feedback given by customers...

Christine

A product that is faulty from the start

I bought this with a sunbeam espresso machine. Spent quite a few days trying to get the thing to grind correctly. Upon doing a little search on google I discovered that it is common for these grinders to not grind your coffee fine enough for an espresso machine as it should be coming with an extra washer. Sunbeam are aware of this also as when you call them they will send you an extra spacer to try fix the problem. So 3 calls later and a 3 weeks of waiting for the part to arrive, I add a spacer to find that it has changed nothing. Will be demanding my money back this week. Product should not be on the shelf.

Date PurchasedSept 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

HI I.S, sorry to hear. It must be something else so yes, please return to store of purchase

Andrew Westcott
Andrew WestcottHobart, TAS

Average

It does the job. I'm sure there are better grinders that are more consistent. But it is cheap and effective enough for the purpose. It is however poorly designed. Quite an amount of grind stays behind inside and builds up on itself unless the machine is shaken or bashed, or a brush is inserted to get at the grounds. Maybe a little too compact? Particularly messy when coming out. Static maybe?

Date PurchasedJune 2018

Hi Andrew Westcott,
Grinders do tend to be a bit messy when grinding, always looking at ways to improve our products so thank you, we will take on board...

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020
Award-winning-coffee machines in 2020!

The awards for top coffee machines (manual/semi-automatic, capsule/coffee pod and fully automatic) of 2020 are here! View in-depth ratings for different aspects of the coffee machine, such as Milk Frothing and Cleaning & Maintenance.

Wendy Z.5 Nov 2019
award-winning-coffee-machines-in-2020
Gaz

A good little coffee bean grinder.

I bought a Sunbeam EM0440 coffee bean grinder on the net from Amazon, and was delighted on its quick arrival. I tested it straight away after reading the instructions and found it to be very easy to use and it has a good progression indicator of coffee grounds, from very course to very fine. The cost was very reasonable for the product. Very happy with my purchase of the Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440. Cheers.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Hey Gaz,
So glad you are pleased with the Grinder, agreed it is at a good price point for the performance. Thank you for the positive review...

Gaz

My grinder does the job with ease to my favourite consistency, thanks Sunbeam.

Mike
MikeDarling Downs, QLD

Good budget grinder

This machine initially would only grind very coarse until I worked out how to assemble it properly. You must set the upper burr in place in the top assembly before attaching the top assembly to the base. The upper burr then should sit lower than the surrounding rim. It now seems to be working fine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

Rubbish

Too coarse! dont waste your money. it will destroy your day as you will be drinking sandy coffee. I had to put my hand on top to push down to make it finer (the adjustment did not work properly). but it will not provide even fine coffee. so I gave up making my own coffee because this machine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

How to fix grind that’s too coarse

The grind was always too course no matter how many times we reassembled it. I googled like crazy & found gold from someone called Sneedy on a whirlpool forum who said “You need to sit the top burr into the adjustment collar (rotate it until you feel it click' – the white marks should be aligned but more importantly it will sit lower than in any other position) *BEFORE* fitting both (as a unit) onto the base.” Thanks Sneedy! Worked a treat.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Lex
Lex

coffee at a new level

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Vicky H.
Vicky H.North East Victoria

The grind is too coarse

Recently brought an EM7100 coffee machine, and went back yesterday and purchased the EM0440 grinder. The grind is just coming out too coarse. On every setting, the grind is the same. I pulled it apart twice, and put it together again after reading some reviews. I cannot get the grind any finer. It will be getting returned to Harvey Norman. Extreamly disappointed.

Date PurchasedJuly 2017

Excellent.. but beware of setting up the burrs correctly

A really great product when set up correctly. At first the grind was too course regardless of setting even though I had set up the machine as directed in the instructions. After reading other reviews I decided to take the machine apart and put it back together.. worked great the second time around producing a fine powder perfect for my espresso machine. If not for that initial issue, easily a 5 star machine.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Frank Li

Motor runs but burr doesn't move

Purchased from AppliancesOnline, received it today. Followed instructions to put it together but It doesn't work at all. I can hear the motor sound which suggest the motor is runs but the burr doesn't seem to move at all, no matter what setting it is at. The beans are not being ground.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Frank Li

Turned out the grinder was damaged in transit, refunded by ApplicancesOnline, later bought same model from the good guys and it works good.