Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440

Listing monitored by Sunbeam

ARC
ARC

Only worked for 1 year

Ground too coarse after 1 year of use and couldn't get it to grind fine coffee for a stovetop. Even put in 3 spacers as recommeneded but still it would not work properly. Waste of time and money. Bad product. Would not recommend, unless you're happy to buy a new one every year. Guess you get what you pay for....

Purchased in January 2018 for $100.00.

Customer CareSunbeam
MicemeatHobart, TAS

Auto Grinder

Great grinder, makes it easy and fresh!
Easy to setup, nice adjustment for grind consistency and work well.

However can be messy at times, comes with a nozzle to aim and improve lost coffee/spread however even so still makes a large mess of coffee grind around the unit.

Ordering a metal peace that makes the coffee head wider and taller to prevent this from happening.

Purchased in December 2018.

Micemeat

Static it is for sure, This has however happened since new, I will give this a go, when I have a chance.

Thanks,
Jordan.

ChristineFar North Queensland, QLD

Second Sunbeam Grinder, it's performing well.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman for $99.00.

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Christine, thank you for the review, we value feedback given by customers...

Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Find out how Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440 compares to other Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Gaz

A good little coffee bean grinder.

I bought a Sunbeam EM0440 coffee bean grinder on the net from Amazon, and was delighted on its quick arrival. I tested it straight away after reading the instructions and found it to be very easy to use and it has a good progression indicator of coffee grounds, from very course to very fine. The cost was very reasonable for the product. Very happy with my purchase of the Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440. Cheers.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Hey Gaz,
So glad you are pleased with the Grinder, agreed it is at a good price point for the performance. Thank you for the positive review...

Gaz

My grinder does the job with ease to my favourite consistency, thanks Sunbeam.

Mike
MikeDarling Downs, QLD

Good budget grinder

This machine initially would only grind very coarse until I worked out how to assemble it properly. You must set the upper burr in place in the top assembly before attaching the top assembly to the base. The upper burr then should sit lower than the surrounding rim. It now seems to be working fine.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Best coffee machines in 2020!

The awards for best coffee machines (manual/semi-automatic, capsule/coffee pod and fully automatic) of 2020 are here! View in-depth ratings for different aspects of the coffee machine, such as Milk Frothing and Cleaning & Maintenance.

Wendy Z.5 Nov 2019
best-coffee-machines-in-2020

How to fix grind that’s too coarse

The grind was always too course no matter how many times we reassembled it. I googled like crazy & found gold from someone called Sneedy on a whirlpool forum who said “You need to sit the top burr into the adjustment collar (rotate it until you feel it click' – the white marks should be aligned but more importantly it will sit lower than in any other position) *BEFORE* fitting both (as a unit) onto the base.” Thanks Sneedy! Worked a treat.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Lex
Lex

coffee at a new level

Date PurchasedSept 2017

Excellent.. but beware of setting up the burrs correctly

A really great product when set up correctly. At first the grind was too course regardless of setting even though I had set up the machine as directed in the instructions. After reading other reviews I decided to take the machine apart and put it back together.. worked great the second time around producing a fine powder perfect for my espresso machine. If not for that initial issue, easily a 5 star machine.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Oxy
OxySydney

Practice makes perfect

Brendan K.Sunbeam
Coffee Grinders / Roasters

bigalgeorgeWaihi Beach

Great machine but quality issues in first months of use

bigalgeorge

Reliable and simple to use

We have had this grinder at home for over 12 months and it has been used every single day without any issues at all. We own our own espresso bar so know how a good coffee should be and this grinder gets pretty close to a commercial quality grind - so long as you keep the burrs cleaned regularly (weekly). Its a messy grinder for home use but at the price I won't complain.

frumpyducky
frumpyduckyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Effective but messy

This grinder has now probably ground 3-4 shots of coffee every day for three years and really lends to making a good espresso, so it has been extremely reliable and not malfunctioned in any way. My only peeve is the amount of mess it makes and how much coffee stays stuck in the spout. A gentle thump or wibble of the grinder gets rid of most of this, but unfortunately it feels like such a waste of coffee. Also would be nice if it had a function that lets you set how much coffee to grind.
Effective, reliable.
Messy, but wasteful.

KerryS
KerryS

Good

I never knew I wanted a grinder until I used this, it grinds great coffee, which makes great coffee. I would heartily recommend it as a purchase.
An even grind is the result of this grinder, which produces perfect, well ground coffee, for a fantastic taste after brewing. It is so handy to be able to place the 'group head'(okay the thing that holds the ground coffee beans) directly under the grinder, and go straight to the expresso machine.
It does splay a little ground coffee under the grinder, and around the frame, so a little messy, but I can put up with that.

ebonflow
ebonflowNSW, 2489

Grinds perfectly, but makes a hell of a mess!

Came free with my Sunbeam coffee machine (it's what sealed the deal when deciding which to choose).
You can easily change the grind size to suit. The coffee we get out is delicious with a rich crema.
But when grinding into the group handle the coffee goes everywhere!! Our bench is constantly covered with ground coffee.
good grind, great coffee
It's messy

Turbo_Prop
Turbo_Prop

Interesting mine doesnt go everywhere, the odd bit on the bench but not how you describe. Goes very well into the group handle. And i dont use the nozzle.

Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440

Why is my grinder making a loud noise?

Check for any blockages.

My coffee gets caught in the chute and sprays everywhere, what should I do?

Clean the residue from the chute. Try grinding into a container closer to the spout, then pour into the group handle. This will catch the grinds which are statically charged and going in all directions.

Why is there no difference to my grind despite adjusting the settings?

Check the grinder burr is seated properly.

My burrs are not aligned, how do I fix it?

Make sure everything is clean, with no obstructions.

How do I achieve consistency in my grind?

1. Use beans from the same brand, blend and volume. Ensure beans are fresh before use.
  2. Make sure all parts are clean before each use.
  3. Experiment with the amount of time in which you grind the coffee beans.
  4. Over time as blades start to wear, slowly adjust your grinding time.

Latest Consumer Questions

Geoff asked

I bought two grinders one for normal coffee one for decaf. The decaf will only do a course grind, no matter what setting, I have disassembled it and checked all assembly against the correctly operating grinder, but can only get a course grind. Whats happening?

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi Geoff,
Firsty can I ask how old is the grinder?.

Two weeks

Customer SupportSunbeam

Hi Geoff,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

Swivelfish
Swivelfishasked

Was just cleaning the burrs....I have accidentally placed and turned the collar on my grinder before replacing the hopper.Now it is stuck tight, the lock button is depressed and I cannot move it or remove it to put the hopper on. How can I remedy this please!

Model EM0440

John K
John Kasked

on my grind fresh clean and put head back on turn half way round and has jammed

See all Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440 questions

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryCoffee Grinders / Roasters