Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440

Listing monitored by Sunbeam

Jess
JessSydney, NSW

Sunbeam EM0440 Grinder Does Not Grind to Fine

Bought this grinder from Amazon. First time grind produced coarse coffee even though setting is fine grind. Sunbeam Customer Care sent two (2) washers but the grind is still not so fine. Another set of double washers was requested which I fitted under the burr. The grinder is now working fine with the added washers.

Purchased in at Amazon for $69.

• Incentivised Review No
Customer CareSunbeamSend a private message

Hello Jess,
Thank you for your Feedback.

Andrew Westcott
Andrew WestcottHobart, TAS

Average

It does the job. I'm sure there are better grinders that are more consistent. But it is cheap and effective enough for the purpose. It is however poorly designed. Quite an amount of grind stays behind inside and builds up on itself unless the machine is shaken or bashed, or a brush is inserted to get at the grounds. Maybe a little too compact? Particularly messy when coming out. Static maybe?

• Date Purchased
Customer C.SunbeamSend a private message

Hi Andrew Westcott,
Grinders do tend to be a bit messy when grinding, always looking at ways to improve our products so thank you, we will take on board...

Stewart459
Stewart459
  • Selected Review

Good grinder but poor hopper and messy

Vegemum

I wholeheartedly agree with your review!

VegemumNSW, 2484

Just okay...

Brendan K.SunbeamSend a private message
Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Find out how Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440 compares to other Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Frequently Asked Questions about Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440

Why is my grinder making a loud noise?

Check for any blockages.

My coffee gets caught in the chute and sprays everywhere, what should I do?

Clean the residue from the chute. Try grinding into a container closer to the spout, then pour into the group handle. This will catch the grinds which are statically charged and going in all directions.

Why is there no difference to my grind despite adjusting the settings?

Check the grinder burr is seated properly.

My burrs are not aligned, how do I fix it?

Make sure everything is clean, with no obstructions.

How do I achieve consistency in my grind?

1. Use beans from the same brand, blend and volume. Ensure beans are fresh before use.
  2. Make sure all parts are clean before each use.
  3. Experiment with the amount of time in which you grind the coffee beans.
  4. Over time as blades start to wear, slowly adjust your grinding time.

Latest Consumer Questions

NickiH
NickiHasked

Hi
I got this about a year ago and I went to use it this morning and it won't turn on. I've cleaned the grinders and it's got nothing. I have had no power outages or blow outs and the grinder has been used on average 3 times a week, once a time for the past 12 months. Very disappointing.

Jimmy
Jimmyasked

Hi just got the sunbeam grind fresh conical burr coffee grinder literally 5mins ago! Haven’t even used it yet and on removing the grind adjustment collar as per instruction manual to clean.. the “UNLOCK” button is gone in and not coming out and can’t now close and set a grind! How bad is this . I can see others complaining of same thing?l so obviously a bad design!!!! How do I fix this?

Geoff asked

I bought two grinders one for normal coffee one for decaf. The decaf will only do a course grind, no matter what setting, I have disassembled it and checked all assembly against the correctly operating grinder, but can only get a course grind. Whats happening?

Customer SupportSunbeamSend a private message

Hi Geoff,
Firsty can I ask how old is the grinder?.

Two weeks

Customer SupportSunbeamSend a private message

Hi Geoff,
I have just sent you a private message if you could kindly respond via that please.

See all Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440 questions

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryCoffee Grinders / Roasters