Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440

MPNs: 2327, EM0440 and SEM0440

Clare G.
Clare G.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Does not burn coffee

Need to be prepared for loud noise. Keep the brush that comes with it as you will need it. I brush break off bits of beans from the burrs regularly to keep the grinder in top shape

Purchased in October 2017 at The Good Guys.

Hello Clare,
Thank you for your review and great tips!

irishpete
irishpete

Good while it lasted.

Purchased for $99.00.

Great value. Compliments my EM7000 perfectly. Best espresso ever.

All grinders and all espresso machines need to be cleaned regularly or they fail to satisfy. Fresh-ground beans are oily and sticky so will eventually clog up both machines. This grinder gets bad reviews when it has been assembled incorrectly. We had hiccups at first and now have a reliable routine that keeps it reliable. After a lot of use it did need the burrs re-shimmed and luckily we could do that. All burr grinders will eventually need this done.

Purchased at Second hand for $150.00.

tfe
tfe

Old dry supermarket beans will never produce great espresso. You must buy fresh-roasted beans for reliable results.

Hello tfe,
Thank you for the great review and helpful tips!

Coffee Grinders / Roasters

Find out how Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440 compares to other Coffee Grinders / Roasters

RedBren
RedBren

Good Value

Good value for the $’s. Not too noisy, grind is fine for filter coffee. Just ensure correct assembly after cleaning as per previous posts. Only downside is coffee grinds held in spout at end of grind - easily dislodged with a couple of taps (now part of my grind ritual).
Recommended

Purchased in December 2019 at Harvey Norman for $78.00.

Hello RedBren,
Thank you for your GREAT review!

Don fromthe West
Don fromthe West

Value for money

i had mixed thoughts about this product based on some of the less positive reviews but Sunbeam seem to have fixed up all the issues. I put it together without reading the instructions. Big tick. No need to assemble the grinding wheels - all done already. Another tick . Sunbeam have added a rubber (silicon) 45 degree nozzle to the hard plastic spout so 99% of coffee goes into the group. tick. Will check the grinding wheels to see if i have missed something but all seems to be wring well. It seems to be very good value for money.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Customer C.Sunbeam

Thanks for the great review Don!

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Best coffee machines in 2020!

The awards for best coffee machines (manual/semi-automatic, capsule/coffee pod and fully automatic) of 2020 are here! View in-depth ratings for different aspects of the coffee machine, such as Milk Frothing and Cleaning & Maintenance.

Wendy Z.5 Nov 2019
best-coffee-machines-in-2020
GourmetEngPerth
GourmetEngPerthPerth

Excellent Value - 3 WEEK UPDATE

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Easy to use, makes great coffee

I have to say, this machine makes great coffee. I've been using a German made hand grinder for years. Thought an electric grinder would save time but was surprised to discover it does an even better job of grinding coffee than even the German hand grinder. My coffee actually tastes better! Adjustment and control is a breeze with the accurate dial ring and push button start/stop. Easy to disassemble and clean - once I learned how to do it. Saves so much time and has a well made Italian burr. I recommend the suggestion below of grind-tamp-grind-tamp to avoid making a mess. Once you get the hang of it, it's easy and tidy. I just hope it's reliable. Had it three months so far with no sign of issues.

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Phil
Phil

I love this grinder

I've had my EMO440 for about a month now and I couldn't have expected more from a machine designed for home use. Like anything there has been a learning curve, but definitely nailed it now. My friend bought a Fiorenzato and paid $1200.00 for it and I haven't had the heart to tell him, "my coffee is equally as good". Oh and I should mention the bonus. I'm using half as much coffee as I was with my old grinder. Saving four or five bucks a week, it will have paid for itself in about 20 weeks.

Date PurchasedJuly 2016
Brendan K.Sunbeam
Juan
JuanGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent grinder and a cheap entry price for a first time buyer!

Brendan K.Sunbeam

MissLiv
MissLivSydney

Fantastic grinder!

Donna Mineo
Donna MineoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Been used daily for 5 years - hasn't skipped a beat.

The best Burr grinder on the market for under $100.

This grinder is absolutely fantastic! No mess, if you've had the rubber nozzle included which limits the grind mess to almost nothing. Produces a fantastic espresso grind (set to 11) and above average espresso with my Delonghi ECO310BK :)

Recommend to anyone who wants a good cafe style grinder, that doesnt want to settle for blade, and also doesnt want to splash out on a $200+ grinder! You'll get good, creamy espresso every time if you set your grind to 11, tamp properly, and dose the right amount of coffee into your Portafilter :D
Consistent grind, fast and easy, little to no mess (make sure the rubber nozzle is included), bang for buck!

NinaJay
NinaJayQLD, 4556

I would recommend this grinder to anyone. It is reasonably priced (but not super cheap) and it has worked really well over time. Holds a good amount of beans for home use and grinds on demand which I love.
Fantastic home grinder that has multiple settings (grind how you want, depending on what you are making the coffee with).
I love that it grinds on demand by simply laying the coffee basket/handle in it.
I really can't think of any. Ours is always messy but that is because coffee grinds are hard to clean up at the best of times!

toulouseletrek
toulouseletrek

Overall I think this is a fantastic grinder. You can almost set it up intuitively out of the box without reading the instructions. This is my first grinder (after previously using pre-ground beans) and the coffee tastes great. It has a ton of settings for how fine you want the grind depending on the use. I would recommend this machine to anyone.
So easy to use, looks great, nothing complicated about it. Works well every time.
None yet- though it was given to me as a gift so I don't know what the price was. Noise level can be a little loud sometimes, but then again you are grinding beans!

Zdenda
ZdendaAU

Perfect grinding machine that does not crash coffee beans, but really grind them to perfection

We own this machine for about 3 years and we used it minimum once a day.
It has variable grinding adjustment and we can finally have real good Turkish
coffee.
When it comes to hopper, if you call Sunbeam, they post you free plastic extension. I found it very practical. This stopped spill of coffee dust around my appliance cabinet. I thing, that the plastic extension should have been included in box, when I bought it.
This coffee grinder was obviously not designed for occasional use! This is everyday use item and that is the reason why you don’t have to clean it after every use.
Reliable real grinding machine with 24 setting adjustments
The plastic extension should have been included in box, when I bought it.

Grimace60
Grimace60

If you are talking about the little elbow that slips over the spout, I received one in mine when i bought it over a year ago.
Interesting that you missed out. It certainly does reduce spillage

See all Sunbeam GrindFresh EM0440 reviews