Sunbeam Cafe Series 17cm Food Slicer ES9600

MPNs: 35903103 and ES9600

Karl H.
Karl H.Sydney, NSW

Bad design

I use this product to slice bread. The plastic guide that is supposed to guide the slice of bread off the blade keeps bending back so that the bread slice gets mangled. This is a very poor design.

Pat
PatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

poorly designed

meat rest does not line up parallel to cutting blade when in use simply applying pressure to product being cut pushes resting wall unevenly away from blade resulting in poorly cut product thickneser adjustment does not help. One good point about product is it grips the benchtop very well will not slide

Purchased in February 2020 at The Good Guys for $199.00.

Sunbeam - poor design, badly executed.

This product is near impossible to clean, the instruction booklet (and the online version) are different from the machine, and the slicing guide has to be set on at least 3mm before it can slice at all.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Automatic Slicers & Graters

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Series 17cm Food Slicer ES9600 compares to other Automatic Slicers & Graters

None
NoneGo Away and don't sell my email address to anyone.

This is rubbish

The cog which is attached to the blade does not have to wear much to render the machine useless. I could keep replacing the blade at $50 per time but with two gone in a short time of normal domestic use I won't bother. Each blade lasted less than a year per blade.

Date PurchasedDec 2014

Needs more robust gears

The most important part of the machine the gears, these are made of plastic, which is hopeless, considering the rest of the machine is die cast metal. This is a like a miss representation of its robustness. I hate products that I am always having to replace the parts for at a price of $50 a pop.
Very disappointed.

See all Sunbeam Cafe Series 17cm Food Slicer ES9600 reviews

Pat.C asked

hi, what is the white grease like substance behind the blade, do I wash it off before use, or leave it, is it safe?

Mike
Mike

i think it is grease so the blade can spin properly and not overheating the motor, that is my guess but I am not a manual-reader-type-of-user lol. Too bad I don't have that grease paste to replace the existing one so whenever I wash it I try my best to leave the grease alone

Thanx so much, I was worried about ingesting it :(

Vanessaasked

How do remove the plastic cog that the blade works against? I have removed the grey casing but cannot get the old one off.

Bev
Bev

Hi Vanessa, if it is the part I think it is I use a coin. I hope that helps.

Vanessa

No it’s further on, once you remove the blade, you remove the grey casing which in turn exposes the plastic wheel/cog that the slicing blade connects with!

Sunbeam
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Vanessa,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. So sorry , removing the blade is the farthest to go with this unit.
Kind Regards, Sunbeam

yuka
yukaasked

(thick and thin with a 0-23 mm variable slicing dial)
is it possible to cut 0.07mm for shabu shabu asian meat. paper thin?

Sunbeam
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi yuka,
Thank you for your query. The ES9600 cannot be adjusted to that low.

See all Sunbeam Cafe Series 17cm Food Slicer ES9600 questions

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryAutomatic Slicers & Graters