Sunbeam Cafe Series 17cm Food Slicer ES9600

MPNs: 35903103 and ES9600

USB
USBBrisbane

Bad design

The machine can’t be pulled apart to clean it. So the food stucked everywhere. Therefore it’s not very hygienic. Not very happy customer.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hans Dahl
Hans DahlPort Hedland

poor cogweel design / material

With the good reviews of the slicer I had bought it in 2008. I had expected a reliable machine. We own a similar machine from another manufacturer overseas and had no problems whatsoever over decades. Still the same machine and working great in a multi-person house hold. We really used it for anything from bread, meat and cheese. For the Sunbeam cafe series slicer I have now the third set of cogweels and blade installed. Unfortunately it starts making the same unhealthy noises when slicing cheese. I am only waiting for the day coming soon again until it does not even cut crusted bread anymore.
Very disappointed.
Once you got in the habit of using a food slicer you do not want to miss it any more.
Unacceptibale wear of the cogweels.

See all Sunbeam Cafe Series 17cm Food Slicer ES9600 reviews

Pat.C asked

hi, what is the white grease like substance behind the blade, do I wash it off before use, or leave it, is it safe?

Mike
Mike

i think it is grease so the blade can spin properly and not overheating the motor, that is my guess but I am not a manual-reader-type-of-user lol. Too bad I don't have that grease paste to replace the existing one so whenever I wash it I try my best to leave the grease alone

Thanx so much, I was worried about ingesting it :(

Vanessaasked

How do remove the plastic cog that the blade works against? I have removed the grey casing but cannot get the old one off.

Bev
Bev

Hi Vanessa, if it is the part I think it is I use a coin. I hope that helps.

Vanessa

No it’s further on, once you remove the blade, you remove the grey casing which in turn exposes the plastic wheel/cog that the slicing blade connects with!

Sunbeam
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Vanessa,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. So sorry , removing the blade is the farthest to go with this unit.
Kind Regards, Sunbeam

yuka
yukaasked

(thick and thin with a 0-23 mm variable slicing dial)
is it possible to cut 0.07mm for shabu shabu asian meat. paper thin?

Sunbeam
Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi yuka,
Thank you for your query. The ES9600 cannot be adjusted to that low.

See all Sunbeam Cafe Series 17cm Food Slicer ES9600 questions

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryAutomatic Slicers & Graters