Sunbeam Cafe Series 17cm Food Slicer ES9600

Possible problem-fixing!

Brendan K.Sunbeam
AlfE
AlfESt Ives

Cant get the blade sharpened

I bought my food slicer several years ago and have found it to be OK for slicing meats such as Spanish Jamon, salami, etc. It takes some getting used to placing the meat so that it cuts right through and does not leave bits hanging off the bottom or getting stuck on the blade. The biggest problem I have is getting the blade sharpened. It is almost useless now that it is several years old.
Does the job - once you get the hang of it.
Absolutely no instructions on getting the blade sharpened. Almost useless after a couple of years of average use.

Brendan K.Sunbeam
Automatic Slicers & Graters

Find out how Sunbeam Cafe Series 17cm Food Slicer ES9600 compares to other Automatic Slicers & Graters

davele
daveleSydney

I expected more from it.

See all Sunbeam Cafe Series 17cm Food Slicer ES9600 reviews

Pat.C asked

hi, what is the white grease like substance behind the blade, do I wash it off before use, or leave it, is it safe?

Mike

i think it is grease so the blade can spin properly and not overheating the motor, that is my guess but I am not a manual-reader-type-of-user lol. Too bad I don't have that grease paste to replace the existing one so whenever I wash it I try my best to leave the grease alone

Thanx so much, I was worried about ingesting it :(

Vanessaasked

How do remove the plastic cog that the blade works against? I have removed the grey casing but cannot get the old one off.

Bev
Bev

Hi Vanessa, if it is the part I think it is I use a coin. I hope that helps.

Vanessa

No it’s further on, once you remove the blade, you remove the grey casing which in turn exposes the plastic wheel/cog that the slicing blade connects with!

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi Vanessa,
Thank you for contacting Sunbeam. So sorry , removing the blade is the farthest to go with this unit.
Kind Regards, Sunbeam

yuka
yukaasked

(thick and thin with a 0-23 mm variable slicing dial)
is it possible to cut 0.07mm for shabu shabu asian meat. paper thin?

Customer C.Sunbeam

Hi yuka,
Thank you for your query. The ES9600 cannot be adjusted to that low.

See all Sunbeam Cafe Series 17cm Food Slicer ES9600 questions

Get an answer from our members and Sunbeam representatives

CategoryAutomatic Slicers & Graters